fbpx

Fall swap sign-up

Home Forums Miscellany Swaps Fall swap sign-up

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    twindragonsmum
    Participant

Our household is painting up a storm!

tdm πŸ˜€

tdm

twindragon2
      Participant

Finished painting. Next time (whenever that is) I want to use some better quality paint. The stuff I had was thin and layering got very annoying quickly.

dragonmedley
        Participant

Email for pics has been sent – if you didn’t receive it, let me know.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Both of my pieces are ready to go. πŸ™‚

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
          www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
          Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Prezaurian
          Participant

Excited to see the results of this swap!

Amstaff
            Participant

Im also excited to see what people have painted for this, and I will get to see what I missed out on, lol! I am hoping to be able to join in on a swap next time around.

Mines all done and ready to go! Once again I have the same nervousness I always have….. Will my swap person like the piece?…. Did I get it right?….. What if I missed the mark and they open box and first thought is uggghh!!!…. I cross my fingers and hope I got this right and swapee loves it **hopeful sigh** πŸ™‚

dragonmedley
              Participant

I sent the shipping addresses to everyone. Please ship by November 24th.

I’ll start the show-off thread on Monday πŸ™‚

Ela_Hara
                Participant

Eeeeeeee! Got my Swapee’s Name!
                  Mailing out and they should receive it soon – like Monday or Tuesday!

I hope they like it! πŸ™‚

FYI – just want to let whomever got my name know that I’ll be out of town starting the end of next week, so if you don’t see photo posts don’t worry. I’ll at least PM you when I receive my Swap so you know, that is if I receive it by next Wednesday, 11/26. If it doesn’t come until after then I won’t be back home until Saturday 12/6. I didn’t want anyone to worry – my neighbors are really good at keeping our mail/packages safe.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                  Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                  Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                  *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Both of ours went out today, but the post office jipped us. I couldn’t find a smaller box so they charged us $45.00 for a 5 lb package cause supposedly they do not do standard post to canada anymore. I honestly think that its cause the box is larger than 12 inches but he said a smaller box would not have made a difference. Anybody else have this problem? I think its a bunch of bull. Someone else told us we should have fedex or ups’d it but i always hear bad stories about that in canada. -_- not my week at all……:(

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
                  www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
                  Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Zloy720
                  Participant

Ouch! That’s steep, last I shipped a dragon from US to Canada for a swap last year I used UPS and it was fast, easy, and only cost like $25 or so. Box size and weight normally impact the cost, so suspicious he stated differently, but I don’t ship in canada hardly ever so hopefully one of our folks that does can weigh in with a better answer for you….

Meanwhile, mine shipped today! They should get it monday. So nervous…last swap my piece went on a walkabout and it was really scary there for awhile. Now this time I couldn’t find the original shipping box and ended up having to use normal double boxes…add in all the bad weather lately and really nervous about it arriving safe and on time. Prob more nervous as always that they won’t like it though; first time painting that sculpt, had complete freedom on the theme for the first time, and so of course, my muse wasn’t cooperative at all… :p

So lacking in confidence more than ever this time, even though I think it came out pretty neat in the end! Swaps can make you so oddly needy cant they? LOL

Ela_Hara
                    Participant

Yeah, I believe when using USPS the box size, weight and declared value helps determine ship costs to Canada. The last time I shipped to Canada I cut down the box size by a few inches each way and it made a $7 – $10 difference, so it was probably the box size that got you. I also did my shipping label and customs info online via USPS.com – I don’t know if that would have made a difference in your case either. I know buying shipping online is less expensive than going to the Post Office in person.
                      I also try to buy boxes from the UPS Store, one of the office stores, or I keep some boxes others use to ship stuff to me. Then I’ll fit the piece to a outside box that looks appropriate – my car trunk looks like a shipping storage unit – LOL!
                      Sorry that info doesn’t help you now, but maybe something to think about for future shipping.

On a side note, I’ve been tracking my shipped Swap piece and it’s scheduled to deliver to my Swapee Monday! Yeah! Can’t wait to see how they like it, and see everyone else’s photos! πŸ˜€

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                      Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                      Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                      *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Amstaff
                      Participant

Both of ours went out today, but the post office jipped us. I couldn’t find a smaller box so they charged us $45.00 for a 5 lb package cause supposedly they do not do standard post to canada anymore. I honestly think that its cause the box is larger than 12 inches but he said a smaller box would not have made a difference. Anybody else have this problem? I think its a bunch of bull. Someone else told us we should have fedex or ups’d it but i always hear bad stories about that in canada. -_- not my week at all……:(

Ohhh…. that sucks! I went to USPS and did some price comparison and it seems the MAX weight for a smaller rate package is 4 lbs…. and anything over 4 lbs comes us as more pricey to ship. A smaller box may have weighed less, but I dont think it would have been any cheaper unless you could have gotten it below 4 lbs. Maybe something to keep in mind next time you ship.

Im in Canada myself, and find it was easier to ship online as well. I got myself a cheap kitchen scale which weighs most items I ship out, and print my shipping labels at home. This way I find I can play around with weight if I have to, and size (with diff boxes etc) to try and get the cheapest method πŸ˜‰

Personally I hate it when I get packages sent to me with UPS or FedEx etc… cause one never knows WHEN they will show up with your parcel, and if your not home when they arrive, well they cant card it into your mail box, they have to leave a note stuck to your door. And their pick-up facility where I have to go to get it, is more often than not a long distance away from me, and it can be a big pain trying to find the time to go get it… but thats me personally πŸ˜‰

dragonmedley
                        Participant

Personally I hate it when I get packages sent to me with UPS or FedEx etc… cause one never knows WHEN they will show up with your parcel, and if your not home when they arrive, well they cant card it into your mail box, they have to leave a note stuck to your door. And their pick-up facility where I have to go to get it, is more often than not a long distance away from me, and it can be a big pain trying to find the time to go get it…

Let’s not forget the brokerage fees…

Personally I hate it when I get packages sent to me with UPS or FedEx etc… cause one never knows WHEN they will show up with your parcel, and if your not home when they arrive, well they cant card it into your mail box, they have to leave a note stuck to your door. And their pick-up facility where I have to go to get it, is more often than not a long distance away from me, and it can be a big pain trying to find the time to go get it…

Let’s not forget the brokerage fees…

Yes let’s definetly not forget that when shipping from the US to CANADA through UPS they hit the receiver with hidden brokerage fees that can actually be equal to the original shipping cost. if you don’t pay the fee you don’t get the pkg. had a pkg arrive here from US shipped UPS, cost 120 or so to ship, got an 80.00 brokerage fee at the door. YIKES

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.