Fall 2022 PYO Swap Sign up instrustions

Home Forums Miscellany Swaps Fall 2022 PYO Swap Sign up instrustions

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Brenda Lower
    Participant

Hello everyone! Here we go!!!!

Here is the information for how to join the Fall 2022 PYO swap. There are a few updates to the information, so please make sure you carefully read ALL of the information below before signing up.
      IMPORTANT NOTE: By signing up, you are committing to paint a NEW piece for another person. If you get your prompt, and you cannot fulfill it for some reason, please let me know ASAP and I can see what can be done.

The rules/dates are as follows:
      Sign ups are open from today thru August 18th. By August 25rd (but most likely earlier), I will send out forum PMs with everyone’s swap partners. Your finished PYO should be shipped between November 1st and no later than November 10th. This gives everyone more than 2 months to order a blank PYO (if needed) and complete their piece. I will send out a PM around October 10th to ask if your piece is ready and get an idea if anyone will be delayed.

To sign up: Send me a PM through the forum and include “Fall 2022 PYO Swap” in the subject. I will reply to each PM to confirm receipt, as well as updating this thread with the number of participants.

Please include the following in your forum message:
      1.Forum name, real name, and mailing address. Make sure it’s an address that can accept packages, since this is where your swap partner will be sending your piece.
      2. Requests for what sculpts you’d like to receive and if there are any you’d prefer to NOT receive. Store stock fluctuates, so please be more open-minded towards sculpts. Also, please do give a prompt for the painter. Part of the fun is getting to paint things you might not paint for yourself, and another part is receiving something painted just for you. Prompts can include desired color schemes, animal inspiration, or a general subject.
      While not everything might be in stock right now, it may become available later. Please be a little flexible in your requests so your painter has some options to choose from. I suggest listing three or so different sculpts in order of preference (but also be open to something out of that short list), or something like “no unicorns” or “anything but X and Y.”
      3. Whether you will be willing to ship outside the country.
      Also, please mention if you have anything you just absolutely hate to paint – we want everyone to have a good time with the swap after all!
      All partners will be determined by random drawing. If Melody is participating, her recipient will be drawn first so that everyone has an equal chance. After that, I will make adjustments as needed to accommodate requests as best I can, but the primary method of selection will be random. I will not be in the drawing for Melody’s recipient.
      ++
      Things to remember:
      *You are responsible for buying a blank PYO, painting it, and mailing it by the ship date. In return, you will receive a painted piece.
      *It is expected that you will be painting a NEW piece for this swap, not sending an already painted piece. If you get your prompt, and you cannot fulfill it for some reason, please let me know ASAP and I can see if we can work something out, get another prompt.
      *Please do not ship early.
      *You are probably not painting for the person who is painting for you. This is more of a “secret santa” type exchange.
      * Please be aware that you may be asked to paint a larger piece than you are asking for. Since we have lots of people participating in this swap, not all requests will be equal.
      *If you do end up shipping out of the country, please declare the value of the piece as $10. This will avoid most customs charges.
      *If you’ve never shipped Windstones before – please take note of how the blank you receive is boxed from the company. Windstones are very fragile and must be double boxed. Your safest bet is to reuse the packaging it comes in. If you need any guidance in packing, feel free to message me and I will walk you through it.
      *Sign the felt pad before you ship your piece. Naming your piece is a nice touch, but not required.
      *To keep in the spirit of the swap, don’t post any pictures of your piece (even in your private gallery) until your recipient has received it. No spoilers.
      *Everyone is welcome. Just do your best. If you need help, reach out. I love the Windstone Community- they are very supportive! If I can’t answer your questions, I can find someone who can!
      *We do this not only to give, but to receive. Please commit to following through on shipping the piece to your recipient. If you must drop out, let me know ASAP so that we can reorganize recipients, or arrange something else.

Mika
      Participant

Sent mine in!

cwgrlup911
        Participant

Sent mine! Thank you! ❤️

Ela_Hara
          Participant

I’ll actually be able to join in this time! It will be good for my Soul too, I think, with everything that I’ve gone through these past 10 months… I’m so ready for some fun time.

I’ll send in my form soon – I need to think carefully on what to ask for.

Thanks for doing this again!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
            Zeppard Adult Poads
            Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
            *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Tyrrlin
            Participant

Sent mine in! Looking forward to it!

Windstone collector in remission. 😉

Azaziel
              Participant

Entered in!!! My first swap!! Super duper excited!!!

Aza- a.k.a Rosalynne on Windstone Official Forum Group

Megan
                Participant

Gosh, is it that time again already?? Spring and summer just blasted by… I’ll send my info!

Ela_Hara
                  Participant

I’ll actually be able to join in this time! It will be good for my Soul too, I think, with everything that I’ve gone through these past 10 months… I’m so ready for some fun time.

I’ll send in my form soon – I need to think carefully on what to ask for.

Thanks for doing this again!

OK – My PM has been sent!
                    I’m officially IN ! So looking forward to this….. ^_^

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                    Zeppard Adult Poads
                    Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                    *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Bodine
                    Participant

Count me in.Thanks for hosting.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Shiarah
                      Participant

Woohoo entry sent!

Brenda Lower
                        Participant

Hi everyone! Over 20 people have signed up!!! WOW! Here’s the list so far:
                          darkflowernightshade
                          The Dragon Collector
                          Kendra
                          Linda Watson
                          Sarahbue
                          Ren Judith
                          Linda
                          Mika
                          Crose55
                          Brenda Lower
                          cwgrlup911
                          Tyrrlin
                          Azaziel
                          Bernadette Durbin
                          Suzanne
                          CritterKeeper
                          Megan
                          frozendragon
                          Ela_Hara
                          Bodine
                          Shiarah

Sierra Harrell
                          Participant

Entry sent! I can’t wait!

Aloha!

scorpiolady21
                            Participant

I’m in!! Just sent my information! I need a project that will challenge me!

Looking for White Dragons! Grail includes the White Secret Keeper!

Kujacker
                              Participant

I haven’t participated in a swap in… I can’t even remember how long it’s been. But I think I’ll give it a shot again.

PhillyDrgnLdy
                                Participant

Me too! Sent my info in! I love these! Thanks so much for running this, Brenda!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.