fbpx

Fall 2017 PYO Swap !!!! ~Hosted by 96037/WeaselsonEasels and BipolarBear

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Fall 2017 PYO Swap !!!! ~Hosted by 96037/WeaselsonEasels and BipolarBear

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 238 total)
  • Author
    Landipan
    Participant

Oh wow, he’s beautiful Kujacker, the stripes and blending look so good! Btw, what is this ‘invisible sparkle paint’ you speak of? I must know more! *v*

*Formerly meowmix101
      Not currently open for PYO commissions.

tig3r06
      Participant

All of these have turned out so beautiful 😊  Great job everyone!

I’m also interested in the sparkle paint 😍

Kujacker
        Participant

@Landipan Thanks! I really liked how he came out. He was refreshing to work on as well.

The paint I’m talking about is the same sparkle paint that Windstone uses on some statues. The same stuff that’s on these cats here

I just don’t use it that heavily (one time, by mistake x__x)… I think it’s much too overpowering when used in mass.

You can kiiinda see it here.

Landipan
          Participant

Oh wow, I see it now! I bet it really shows up in the sunlight!

*Formerly meowmix101

tig3r06
            Participant

Kujacker- What kind of paint and where do you get if from?  I love it!  Thank you!

Hannah
              Participant

@Kujacker – WOW! This is gorgeous! You did a fantastic job!

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Kujacker
                Participant

@Landipan Sunlight or bright light in general, yep. It’s kinda pointless to use on white though. Tends not to really show.

@Tig3r06
                  I’m not sure! I bought it many, many years ago and one of the bottles had leaked in transit which lead to the labels coming off so I threw them (the labels) out. It’s an automotive paint that you apply with an airbrush. It was like $100 per four ounces or somewhere around there in price. Trying to google… Found lots of other types of glitter paint for cars, just not the right one.
                  A do remember awhile back a forum member found a cheap type/knock off of this paint at an auto store in a can. I don’t recommend it if you come across it. I purchased it to try, and it wasn’t as smooth as the airbrush stuff (a couple forum members agreed), and I only got two uses out of it before all the pigment/flecks settled in the can and it effectively became nothing more than an expensive clear coat.

etruscan
                  Participant

For what it’s worth – another discussion on rainbow sparkle paint and similar effects.  If you asked her, Susie probably could tell you which brand Windstone uses.

https://windstoneeditions.com/topic/rainbow-sparkle-paint/

tig3r06
                    Participant

Thanks guys!

Kujacker
                      Participant

Ah, that “Dupli-Color Clear Effex” is the stuff in the can I was talking about.

I don’t have much left of the paint, but with how expensive it is, even if I could find out what it’s called I might try something new next time. The flakes you add to the paint/varnish yourself looks interesting enough, and cheap!

Phoegonix
                        Participant

I received mine today from Hannah!  This is “Alexandrite”, my birthstone and favorite gemstone.  Gorgeous!

Kujacker
                          Participant

Oooh shoot is he wonderful! That color combination is just fantastic. Does he have gray or lavender eyes?

StormDancer
                            Participant

Alexandrite is gorgoues. That happens to be my favorite gemstone as well. Hannah did a fantastic job on him and I love the swirls on his horns too.

Everyone did such a great job on their swaps. I always love seeing all the talent that goes into them!

Looking for:
                              "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Phoegonix
                              Participant

Next to the vibrant purple, they look grey, but I think they are actually lavender.

Landipan
                                Participant

Blue and purple, my two favorite colors! Beautiful combo on that dragon!

*Formerly meowmix101

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 238 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.