fbpx

Fall 2017 PYO Swap !!!! ~Hosted by 96037/WeaselsonEasels and BipolarBear

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Fall 2017 PYO Swap !!!! ~Hosted by 96037/WeaselsonEasels and BipolarBear

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 238 total)
  • Author
    Bodine
    Participant

Aww thanks Hannah. I got  a picture of a state gemstone,I think Michigan’s,that looked like Jade inlaid in a white rock.The green is also colorshifting to a purple to make it interesting.

I got new glasses for Christmas so I can see clearer,it will help me to “clean up” my finished piece before spraying.Pieces will come out better now.Yay!

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

tig3r06
      Participant

@drag0nfeathers If you ever need to talk or vent, or if anyone needs to for that matter, I’ve been dealing with depression and anxiety for 5+ years.  Just pm me or email me 😊  I just had a real bad episode that knocked me out for the month of September.

I’d be happy to paint too, like Hannah, if peeps are still missing their pyo.

Bodine
        Participant

I would paint another also.Leave noone out of our big crazy family😋

Zexious
          Participant

Oh my goodness! ): I wish nothing but the best for those on this thread going through hardships.

The PO seems to be slowing down–hopefully the last few we’re waiting on will show up soon :D!

MandBsMom
            Participant

My piece is coming!!!! It’s almost done and I want to get it mailed out to its recipient by the end of this week.

Love baby kirins, safari poads, mini keepers, and anything BLUE, BLUE, and, oh yes, BLUE.

Bipolarbears, Mine and Laundry2011’s will be headed out next week on Wednesday. I think that is all accounted for with siberkah’s going out shortly.

NORMALLY, we have had folks send pics at the end of the swap to show they were done but Due to the unforeseen circumstances I did not get to email everyone the week before and some pieces got shipped early. I only ever received 2 or 3 messages saying this had been shipped, and one shipped 3 weeks early despite me listing a ship date. In general, this year has been difficult for many and at least half of participants went out late to some degree. To simply put off that every issue with this swap was entirely  my fault when I cant control everything is absurd. It would also be unfair for me to just ditch mid-swap and dump the work on someone else and then i would have had accusations of being flakey.

I have tried my best to keep my head on straight despite the chaos of having my life ripped apart, and unfortunately , with my phone being my access 3/4 of the time and forum not working properly on mobile, it was difficult to keep up with the postings and really it is not that hard to send an email or a private message here or on facebook when there is a conflict. I am usually more prompt with being on the forums, but reasonably the past two months have been extremely difficult to handle.

I’m not a new forum member, I have hosted at least 3-4 other PYO swaps in the past as well as several ACEO swap, art swaps, a gift swap and have also collaberated to collect cards and such for Susie when she was sick earlier this year. I have worked fixing windstones and other such sculptures for forum members, dont countless PYO commisions and have participated in every PYO swap since I joined the forum as the folsk here have supported me through my journey becoming disabled, starting a new career as an artist and eventually meeting the love of my life, BiPolarbear whom I am now recently engaged to.

This year has been difficult. I started summer off with a very serious kidney infection that took  me all summer to finally come back from and start walking, even running again. I was caught up in my work, doing very well, looking forward to working with a film crew from new york for special on CNN with my artwork and was very excited to be able to help with the swap. The car accident change everything in the blink of eye, and took everything I had and forced me into debt. I’m now back in my wheelchair, dealing with chronic pain and various backlash in all sorts of areas all stemming from this incidence that has allowed insurance on both side to screw me over and left me without needed medical treatment.

The idea that I would hatch a convoluted plan to go through all the work to start and run a swap with my already crazy life just under the possibility that melody *might* enter so I could take advantage and run off is absurd. I’m in Oregon all the time and hassling Melody and other forum members is the last thing on my mind. I just want to make my art, maybe be able to pay my own bills without government assistance for once and continue volunteering my time and effort that I can to giving back to the communities and folks that have given so much support to me. I found family in these forums when my own quit talking to me because they couldn’t stand the idea that their offspring was not going to be able to go to college or go off to do something great. I cannot believe the amount of backlash I have received in general for all the incidents affected by this car accidents. I’m  truly sorry for the conflicts and wish there was more I could of done, but there is something to be learned when not a single person of a swap of almost 20 is not willing reach out and make sure everything is all right before jumping to immediate accusations.

I have done my best, and I’m not into drama. Not all of you will accept my apology or explanations and that’s alright. None of you were forced to enter (except Drag0nFeathers, but that’s between friends and more complicated, and not as bad as it sounds, more like I’m sending you a windstone, so you’ll have no reason not to join kinda thing) and I wish that none of this obsurdity had happened. I whole heartedly agree with have more widespread rules and I should of spent more time planning this swap out. I just kinda copied and pasted from a previous swap. I also agree with rules about have hosted several swaps and/or having been a long term member to host swaps. I am not against any of these, not would I have not been in compliance with them. I kept my partner after checking around just to see if it was okay and probably would of reshuffled had I not already been sending out emails.

I WILL say, that be piece she painted for me means the world to me on a personal level due to the subject base she did and I will cherish it for the rest of my life. It was a huge spark of light and literally made me cry when I pulled it out of the box. It made me cry when I went in person to Windstone and personally thanked her for it two weeks ago. I will have pics when we are home, and the only reason I was unable to post pics is that it came right as we were packing to leave and I left it home so I did not risk it getting damaged in travel. Once I am home, I’ll have pics for you guys and explain the subject matter. I have asked for the same thing the last 4 swaps since DragOnFeathers painted a special piece for me 2 years ago. It means the world to mean and I am very happy to call the amazing folks at Windstone my family. I am now taking my leave for the night. If something is immediately important, please PM or Email me. I am painting my piece and lLaundry2011’s peice (she had to pull towards the end of the swap and I said I’d do hers) and I have to help BiPolarbear with his and all three will go out together. If anything gets lost, I am glad to see how many are willing to make sure everyone gets a piece and I would to as I have done this often in past swap. I will ENSURE that EVERYONE who entered gets a piece back. Thanks for the patience amid all the chaos.

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
              www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
              Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Dalyshka
              Participant

Posted to the wrong thread.

Kim
                Blocked

I am in the same boat as you both suffering from depression and anxiety the last few years and like Drag0nfeathers mentioned also kind of stayed away from painting and things too when I got discouraged.  I think I have gotten better in the last few months and also might force myself to start participating more and doing more painting and art in the future.  Circumstances in life can definitely play a role in feeling better or worse and things for me have thankfully been more stable in the last year after losing everything in the past few years.   My relationships haven’t been as stable but that is something that constantly evolves as others you are close to can sometimes go through bad things that can also affect you.  My friend/ex Brian and his family went through a couple car accidents, family deaths, job loss and illness in the last year and also struggled a lot and he is so thankful that last year is over and he gets a fresh start now.  96037, hopefully things get better with your health and everything else soon!  Hopefully everyone will have a better year this year and I wish everyone a Happy New Year!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

drag0nfeathers
                  Participant

Thanks Tig3r06 for the offer but it seems like the more I talk about it the more I get dragged back into a dark place and the whole thing starts over again. Thankfully Hannah was already kind enough to already let me cry on her shoulder a bit though. I think too much is the problem. I also hate being a complainer and the more and more I would see my own posts on the forum or Facebook or whatever I’d be like “Wow… really Mandy? Want some cheese with that whine?”

I know I am hard on myself, but I’m a very prideful person and so I try to just hold everything inside so I don’t spread the toxicity when I’m feeling down. So as much as talking helps, it also doesn’t help me either. I was raised in household where it was the rule that pretty much only the strong survived so I don’t like showing vulnerability and tend to just withdraw myself when I am depressed so I don’t appear weak or fragile. I also don’t like burdening others with my problems because everyone had their own issues they are dealing with too.

Got a busted Windstone?
                    drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                    *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                    Siphlophis Male Dragon
                    Calypso Hatching Empress
                    Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                    Tattoo Mother Kirin
                    Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                    Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                    Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                    Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                    Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                    Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

tig3r06
                    Participant

You’re welcome 😊

Bodine
                      Participant

Here is my beauty.Thank you Brianne.I love it.She even added a gold Swarovski crystal in the curl of its tail.A silver leopard head clasped in his claws.

Bao Long & Shar

tig3r06
                        Participant

That’s a beauty congrats!

drag0nfeathers
                          Participant

Wow! Very cool Oriental there! Great job Brianne!

Got a busted Windstone?
                            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                            Siphlophis Male Dragon
                            Calypso Hatching Empress
                            Tattoo Mother Kirin

drag0nfeathers
                            Participant

Are there still folks waiting for their PYOs?

Got a busted Windstone?
                              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                              Siphlophis Male Dragon
                              Calypso Hatching Empress
                              Tattoo Mother Kirin

Ela_Hara
                              Participant

I still haven’t received my PYO Swap piece yet. It might be helpful if my swap partner sent me a tracking number.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                                Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                                Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                                *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 238 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.