Facebook killed RamboBear

Home Forums Miscellany Community Facebook killed RamboBear

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

To those of you who are my friends on facebook, you may have realized by now that I have disappeared. It was not my choice.

I don’t use my real name. Never have. Rambobear was my Samoyed I had years ago. This year, on my birthday, it was 19 years he had been gone. I got my first computer about a month after he died, and my online ID of RamboBear was born. I use that email address still. And when I got on facebook, I used RamboBear.

Lysithian, the name I use here, was after a pet rat I had. And I thought I needed a more feminine name online for some places. I have had that name almost as long as RamboBear.

I have me a boyfriend, yay me! He is amazing, and I’m crazy for him! Everything is great. Well NOT everything. His ex from a bazillion years ago is not happy. She sent him a not nice note, which was shown to me. So I wrote him a very nice note and put it on his page. That didn’t set well with her, so she turned me in for not being a real person. Then she blocked him, confirming my suspicion it is her. And my page is now dead. I’m fighting with facebook to bring it back, but they are demanding ID showing me as RamboBear. Hello, that is my nickname! They aren’t asking me to give a real name, they want me to prove I am RamboBear. So it looks like I wont have facebook anymore.

If you want to know the person’s name who did this to me, just PM me. I will be happy to provide her name. This person is the one who killed RamboBear. And it feels like I lost my dog all over again. Yeah I been crying over this since yesterday afternoon. I lost everything. My friends, my pictures, family, and worse of all . . .notes from my guy which I had saved. All gone. Thanks to a person who can’t be happy.

So I guess it wasn’t really facebook who killed RamboBear, but some unhappy chickiepoo with a mean streak.

Anyway, what a way to get kicked off facebook, huh?! Sigh. Yeah.

And no I wont go back. I am RamboBear. I can’t be anyone else.

Landipan
    Participant

*Hugs* Hope you feel better soon.

*Formerly meowmix101
      Not currently open for PYO commissions.

*Hugs* Hope you feel better soon.

Thank you meowmix101. It’s only a website, right? No use crying over it. Twenty years ago, I didn’t even have a computer! Oh and I figured out a way to talk to my guy without that dratted facebook messenger thing. But I do miss our old messages I had saved. But life goes on. And new messages to send!

Stormbreeze
      Participant

What an awfully inconsiderate thing to do! >:( It’s not like she was helping anyone, including herself, in any way – she was snitching out of pure spite.

In the meantime, I suppose you could try asking them for your pictures back. Otherwise, feel better soon! No one deserves that kind of mean behavior.

[i]Keeping an eye out for fantasy gryphons and test paint dragons.[/i]

What an awfully inconsiderate thing to do! >:( It’s not like she was helping anyone, including herself, in any way – she was snitching out of pure spite.

In the meantime, I suppose you could try asking them for your pictures back. Otherwise, feel better soon! No one deserves that kind of mean behavior.

Thank you Stormbreeze. Yes it was done from total spite. How many people out there have nick names? My friends list alone had quite a few. And if I am known by that name, it isn’t really a fake name!

I had the option to get my pictures but the link wont work. It says I have to sign in. But it wont let me sign in, vicious cycle!

But life goes. It’s just a silly website, right? And the snitcher has to live with herself and she lives far far away from me so yay!

Kim
        Blocked

Well that sucks! You should tell facebook that it was obviously a nickname and that lots of others on facebook don’t use their real names either so how is that fair? If you do want it reopened with your real name and you show them ID, they will allow that so you won’t lose everything. Then maybe you can just change your name after although I am not sure how easy it is to do. I have another facebook account with a different last name and no one ever asked me to prove that name. I don’t really use that one anymore though. It was originally just for business friends but I may just delete it as my other one has all my stuff and pictures on it. Many people also have more than one account or change their names because of marriage and such so you should be able to do something to get it opened up again. Facebook doesn’t actually delete your account, they just block it so they can bring it up again.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

jmoore
          Participant

What kind of proof of identity would “they” accept? Have they told you? Can you just get a notarized affidavit stating RamboBear is an alias of yours?

That situation stinks, but happy for you that you have a boyfriend you are crazy about! Even if he does come with a mean ex. 🙂

Mary
            Participant

Sorry to hear about your Facebook woes, Lysithian. As to proving to Facebook that’s your account, wouldn’t your RamboBear email account prove to them that the Facebook account belongs to you?

I’m surprised that after the Edward Snowden revelations about government spying on all the social media sites, that people still want to use sites like Facebook, which don’t protect people’s privacy. But, those who do, should be allowed to do so, imo. There’s no requirement that you signup for social media accounts using real names. Many folks aren’t too happy with the personal data gathering done by social media firms, selling it to brokers (or the government), & violating privacy and plenty of folks don’t use their real names for that exact reason.

Hope you can get this resolved.

Prezaurian
              Participant

Ugh! Sympathies on the chickiepoo who doesn’t know how to handle her problems maturely. Hm, on Facebook I had my name as my nickname but tweaked it so that it shows as my alias with my real name displayed. I understand that may not be an option for you but thought I’d suggest it as a possibility for the future. I’m sorry you lost all your pics and messages though. That really sucks!

Jennifer
                Keymaster

There’s no requirement that you signup for social media accounts using real names.

Actually, when you sign up for an account on a website (even this one!), you must agree to their terms of service. That’s the big long text almost no one reads…
                  Anyhow, even though I do not agree with it, Facebook DOES have a Real Name Policy in place.
                  https://www.facebook.com/help/112146705538576
                  (how to change your name https://www.facebook.com/help/173909489329079 )

There is quite a bit of controversy over this, of course.
                  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Facebook_real-name_policy_controversy

Regardless, it’s unfortunate that someone was spiteful enough to report you. If you wanted your account back, you could take steps, but it’s equally reasonable if you don’t of course.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                  My art: featherdust.com

Well that sucks! You should tell facebook that it was obviously a nickname and that lots of others on facebook don’t use their real names either so how is that fair? If you do want it reopened with your real name and you show them ID, they will allow that so you won’t lose everything. Then maybe you can just change your name after although I am not sure how easy it is to do. I have another facebook account with a different last name and no one ever asked me to prove that name. I don’t really use that one anymore though. It was originally just for business friends but I may just delete it as my other one has all my stuff and pictures on it. Many people also have more than one account or change their names because of marriage and such so you should be able to do something to get it opened up again. Facebook doesn’t actually delete your account, they just block it so they can bring it up again.

They aren’t asking for my real name, they want proof that I am Rambo Bear. I send them a picture of my dogs old pedigree! Thanks forum member who suggested that! Good idea, but it didn’t fly!

As for my real name, no, wont do that. I don’t need to be on facebook if it will come down to that.

What kind of proof of identity would “they” accept? Have they told you? Can you just get a notarized affidavit stating RamboBear is an alias of yours?

That situation stinks, but happy for you that you have a boyfriend you are crazy about! Even if he does come with a mean ex. 🙂

Hmm…notarized affidavit stating I’m RamboBear? Interesting idea! Thank you!

And thank you! My boyfriend is amazing! His ex…well…she isn’t! LOL!

Sorry to hear about your Facebook woes, Lysithian. As to proving to Facebook that’s your account, wouldn’t your RamboBear email account prove to them that the Facebook account belongs to you?

I’m surprised that after the Edward Snowden revelations about government spying on all the social media sites, that people still want to use sites like Facebook, which don’t protect people’s privacy. But, those who do, should be allowed to do so, imo. There’s no requirement that you signup for social media accounts using real names. Many folks aren’t too happy with the personal data gathering done by social media firms, selling it to brokers (or the government), & violating privacy and plenty of folks don’t use their real names for that exact reason.

Hope you can get this resolved.

Latest email from facebook now says they can’t prove I’m the owner of RamboBear. Hello, they can just email me at rambobear and there you are! ME! Gaaaaahhh!!!!

And all that spying stuff…NO! I do not need my real name out there, especially now knowing what a nutcase my guys ex is. She doesn’t need to know my real name.

Ugh! Sympathies on the chickiepoo who doesn’t know how to handle her problems maturely. Hm, on Facebook I had my name as my nickname but tweaked it so that it shows as my alias with my real name displayed. I understand that may not be an option for you but thought I’d suggest it as a possibility for the future. I’m sorry you lost all your pics and messages though. That really sucks!

Thank you for the suggestion. I’d rather not have a real name out there, especially now, knowing there is a nutty chickiepoo out to get me!

There’s no requirement that you signup for social media accounts using real names.

Actually, when you sign up for an account on a website (even this one!), you must agree to their terms of service. That’s the big long text almost no one reads…
                  Anyhow, even though I do not agree with it, Facebook DOES have a Real Name Policy in place.
                  https://www.facebook.com/help/112146705538576
                  (how to change your name https://www.facebook.com/help/173909489329079 )

There is quite a bit of controversy over this, of course.
                  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Facebook_real-name_policy_controversy

Regardless, it’s unfortunate that someone was spiteful enough to report you. If you wanted your account back, you could take steps, but it’s equally reasonable if you don’t of course.

Those long things no one reads! Yes I did read a bit of it, but I did NOT want my real name out there. RamboBear has been me for so long, figured it should be okay. If I was like here, where my real name is hidden, I would have used a real name to sign up. As long as I can go by my nickname. Which is RamboBear. Grrrrr..just annoying. If I can’t get that name back. I will be asking to delete that account. As it is, I can’t access it, I’m not on anyone’s friends lists, I can’t do anything, but I’m still getting emails saying it’s this persons birthday or whatever. They should stop taunting me with that!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.