Ever found a Windstone at a thrift store?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Ever found a Windstone at a thrift store?

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    CHeMnICORn
    Participant

My first of my tiny Windstone collection was my brown male dragon that someone was selling at an SCA War (Great Western I believe). It’s kind of like a renaissance faire except everyone takes historical accuracy way more seriously and there are tons of classes to take on old traditional crafts. One of the vendors was selling him and I haggled him down to $25! Some of his gold paint was fading, and there was a chipped scale on his tail. There’s a bit of head frill with a hairline crack from where it was glued back on at some point as well, plus his felt is missing. A little decoart calligraphy pen did the trick in putting the gold bits back and covering the chipped scale.

His name is Dusty Kopperski because he had so much dust sitting on him over the years that I had to take a wet paint brush to him to get it out of all the crevices! There is still a little bit stuck between his toes that will never quite go away, but it’s not very noticable at all. He’s a handsome fellow as far as I’m concerned! I am constantly entering raffles here in hopes of getting him a loverly mate!

pipsxlch
      Participant

I just got home from scoring a blank PYO keeper (blue eyes/gem) for $10 off Craigslist! Last one I bought from the store was about $60 after shipping, so I’m pretty happy. Now I have to think of a scheme for those eyes/gem. It looks like it was hardly ever removed from the box- it even still has all the insets/paper slips.

Marianne
        Participant

Wow, that’s a fantastic find!! Teal and blue and red/copper is my vote for colors!! Good luck and hope we see pictures after its complete!

Nectaris
          Participant

I found an old green male and mother dragon in an antique store. I didn’t recognize the color and it was very beat up, so I didn’t grab it at the time, fearing a knock-off(plus I didn’t know you could repair them and they had a LOT of chips). I later realized that it was simply a very old color. Oh well.

I later came back and got a pair of flap-cats for $6.50. Also rather chipped. They still have a wizard there, but the tip of the staff is broken and I am not enough of a fan of the wizards to attempt a repair that major or pay to have someone else repair it.

Seeking:

Sunspot Male Kirin
            Sunspot Sitting Baby Kirin

WolfenMachine
            Participant

lol Melody, I’m glad you’re alive! I’ve had dealers tell me that story too-or that Windstone had gone out of buisness. I’m like “uh, NO, they are all alive and well!”
              My fiance found a sitting cat candle lamp in perfect condition at Goodwill for $3 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.