Ever found a Windstone at a thrift store?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Ever found a Windstone at a thrift store?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Kiera
    Participant

๐Ÿ™‚ I found these two Candlelamps at a thrift store, for about $6USD each. Each has a large chip, and many small rubs. And they need new eyes. Still made my day. Share stories and pics of windstones you have found at yard sales or thrift shops!

[img]http://windstoneeditions.com/sites/default/files/node_images/candle1.jpg[/img]

[URL=http://s105.photobucket.com/user/RandomClutter/media/candle1_zpsri6uzxbv.jpg.html][IMG]http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m203/RandomClutter/candle1_zpsri6uzxbv.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

http://windstoneeditions.com/sites/default/files/node_images/candle1.jpg

scenceable
      Participant

not a thrift store but I got my first windstones at a garage sale. An emerald old warrior, an emerald adult oriental, and emerald coiled mother, and a peacock male, all 4 for $25. The old warrior and male had decent damage but the others looked awesome. It was the best day ever!

Celestial Rainstorm
        Participant

I found my first two Windstones in a pawn shop – they were in fantastic condition, so I immediatly snatched them up. A peacock v.1 hatcher and a Siamese flap cat, both for $35.00

Finding happiness again.

Dragoneer_88
          Participant

I found my first Windstone in an antiques and collectibles store almost two years ago. It was a chipped white dragon male for $25. I had no idea what Windstones were at the time. I just thought that dragon, which sadly I no longer have, was the coolest dragon I’ve ever seen. After researching the company and discovering all the other colors and sculpts, well, that was the end of my savings and the beginning of Windstone addiction. O_o I have been looking in thrift, antique, collectible, and “hippie” stores ever since.

Ferlin1984
            Participant

I think it was last year my children and I were at a church yard sale and my daughter comes running up to me, ” Mom they have a dragon that you collect for twenty five cents!” I was like no way that A. it would be a Windstone and B. she might have read the tag wrong. So I took a look. Sure enough, a Windstone male peacock dragon with a good chip out of back of head and a few flea bites for….twenty five cents. I had to buy it. I still have it and to get it fixed would cost more than buying another one in good condition. I keep it to remind me of that day and good find. My daughter who is nine was so excited she found one of “my dragons” for only a quarter, I think she reminds me every day ๐Ÿ™‚

Marianne
              Participant

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
                Not too long ago I found this guy at VV for 9.99 and I had a 30% off coupon. My son loves him. I was giddy. That’s actually a picture I took as soon as I got it out to the car sitting on my lap. Hehe. Those days are so fun.

wolflodge100
                Participant

I got two hatching dinos at a rock show. it was funny to listen to their story about how they knew the artist personaly but were sad to say they had passed away. lol!

Mercury Star
                  Participant

Well, my yard sale find was not really a find, since I knew they were going to be there to begin with, as the seller is a family friend (she is like an aunt to me, and is the person who got me started with my first Windstone). But, yeah, I bought three v1 hatchers from her, green, brown, and peacock. They have some chips and fleabites, but I am more than happy to give them a place in my collection.

The other would be two gargoyles, the Dragon Gargoyle and Hatching Gargoyle, that I found in a box lot of fantasy stuff on Craigslist for $20. I am not sure if Craigslist counts, but the two gargoyles do have Value Village stickers on their felt pads, so someone found them while thrifting! XD They are chipped up as well, I plan on repairing them in the future, just haven’t had any time or space to work on much.

Kim
                    Blocked

I have’t found any at yard sales or thrift shops but I did find a bunch on kijiji when I first started collecting them maybe 3 years ago. The prices weren’t bad but some needed repairs. I did touch up and resell a few so I made a bit of a return on them and kept a couple of them.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Pegasi1978
                      Participant

My husband found a black baby unicorn (with a tiny chip on one nostril) in an antique/thrift store for $5 about 10 years ago. He texted me to get a description so he knew he wasn’t getting a knock off. I still have it.

Melody
                        Keymaster

I got two hatching dinos at a rock show. it was funny to listen to their story about how they knew the artist personaly but were sad to say they had passed away. lol!

It is really odd how often I have heard that sort of story. It is like, making you feel sorry for the dead artist would make you buy the piece or something! We have had people call our shop and ask if I was still alive!

Hannah
                          Participant

It is really odd how often I have heard that sort of story. It is like, making you feel sorry for the dead artist would make you buy the piece or something! We have had people call our shop and ask if I was still alive!

Or maybe they think it gives the piece more value if there will be no more of them made? Then again, it depends on if they are selling them as being one of a kind pieces or as a production line I guess!

People are weird.

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                            Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Jasanni
                            Participant

I found a siamese flap cat in mint condition at an indoor flea market for $4 a couple of years ago! I’m ALWAYS on the lookout! ๐Ÿ˜€

~ Avatar by https://twitter.com/autiewuff ~

Kathleen
                              Participant

I found white and peacock male dragons with no damage at a sale for about twenty five dollars each. I also got a flap cat for forty he had two teeny flea bites.

Gypsy cat
                                Participant

Yes i found a repainted large flap cat at a thift store. I had to rescue it. 5.00 and l had to tell them what it was. ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.