Enamel pins

Home Forums Miscellany Community Enamel pins

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I have a couple of pins. they are really special because they were gifts. one is a Flying V Guitar, and the other is The Tasmanian Devil from the cartoon, very rare both of them.

whisker hunter west
      Participant

I would love Windstone pins!

I use pins as cubicle & wall decorations. They’re really a really convenient way of adding a bit of color and cheer at work, though I mostly stick with more “grown-up” pins like metal-tone and NASA there. At home I use pins in shadowboxes to hold things in place, and those ones are whatever takes my fancy.

Continuing the family tradition of being obsessed with shiny things.

Ela_Hara
        Participant

I have a sizable ‘broch’ style pin and lapel and tie-tac pin collections of all types of items. Animals, birds, fantasy critters, oriental symbols/critters, airplanes and ‘event’ pins, as well. Also pins made from carved antler and 3-D pewter pins. I love pins of all types – not just enamel. I’ve participated in six ‘pin’ Kickstarters within the past two years. ^_^

I’d definitely get some!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
          Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
          Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
          *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

fatalbeauty
          Participant

I used to collect Disney pins but a lot of them were sold to support my Windstone habit….

but I wouldn’t mind some Windstone ones!

4 things I'm looking for:
            1. Mother Meerkat
            2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
            3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
            4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Angelika_Zen
            Participant

I get pins from blind boxes and LootCrates. They’re usually a surprise and always really cool. That’s how I started I collect pins and key chains… among other things…cough-hoarder-cough!! lol! I would love some Windstone pins!

Melody, I recommend the double pin backing for the collectors out there who plan to wear them.

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Bodancia
              Participant

Melody – I love enamel pins! I get them whenever I travel, so I have them from different states, different countries, national parks, etc, etc. These pins from Fantasia are some of my favorites. The Silmaril pins were created by Jenny Dolfen (on Etsy) for the 50th anniversary of The Tolkien Society last year. They’re very pretty. And I love my Welsh Dragon!

IMG_20200120_101955

IMG_20200120_102056

IMG_20200120_102558

Always looking for a lovely GB Young Unicorns, TP Male Dragons or TP Male Griffins!

Melody
                Keymaster

Those are great!
                  AHA, The dragon is transparent red over a detailed background, so that does work! I haven’t seen very many other examples of that technique. I love the texture of the gold area in the Silmarilion ones.

Kim
                  Blocked

I have some beanie baby pins that are pretty cute. I would love unicorn, pegasus, kirin, dragon, griffin and poad pins!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Jennifer
                    Keymaster

Lots of folks collect them! They are a very hot item in several of the online communities I am in (fantasy art, furries, fandoms). Some folks have researched the best places to have them made, both ethically and environmentally, even! This company is the best that I know of, in case it is helpful. https://www.pingamestrong.com/
                      Some people collect them and leave them on the backer, some people collect them and put them on cork boards to display them (it looks really cool), and of course some wear them!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                      My art: featherdust.com

sherry10151982
                      Participant

LOL!! It makes me think of that scene in Office Space where Jennifer Aniston gets in trouble for not wearing enough “flash” or enamel pins! If it were me, I’d be the annoying guy with my whole shirt and suspenders covered in them!

Ela_Hara
                        Participant

LOL!! It makes me think of that scene in Office Space where Jennifer Aniston gets in trouble for not wearing enough “flash” or enamel pins! If it were me, I’d be the annoying guy with my whole shirt and suspenders covered in them!

I like to put pins and buttons on back packs and hats, as well as wear them with outfits. In fact, I had a straw cowboy that I had FILLED with tie tac pins! It was too heavy to wear comfortably, so I just displayed it for a while. I’ve made up my own tie tac pins too…
                          I also LOVE Patches! I have a hoodie jacket those only purpose is to sew patches onto and display them! ^_^

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                          Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                          Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                          *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

StormDancer
                          Participant

I appreciate the work that goes into enameled pins but I really don’t have a place to display or to wear them. Some of them are truly gorgeous though.

Really like that Welsh Dragon Bodancia, it’s gorgeous!

Looking for:
                            "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

JynXx
                            Participant

I collect pins, and I’m fairly sure I requested Windstone pins in the survey xD

↞↞≪∙ FOREVER SEEKING •↟•

• ► By Patricia Smith ◄ •
                              ☙ "SKY BRONZE" Emperor Dragon
                              ✾ "RAINBOW ASAGI" Moon Oriental Dragon
                              ✾ "RAINBOW TIGER" Sun Oriental Dragon

• ► By Melody ◄ •
                              ☙ "Test Paint #5" GB '15 PUMA
                              ☙ #170 FANTASY GB '22 Young Qi'Lin
                              ☙ #224 KOI GB '22 Young Qi'Lin

Kelsey
                              Participant

So I have a bunch of Disney pins but I also have pins from Gumiponi.

IMG_2020-01-24_16-53-38

JynXx
                                Participant

These are high quality artist pins. Most are 3-D, several have glitter, and all have UV and/or glow. The dragonfly and butterfly have hinges so the wings can be folded and moved. The biggest pin on this board is 4.5″ x 3.25″

Only exceptions are the fox with lantern, which was purchased on Etsy, and the cat with knife was found on eBay

View post on imgur.com

↞↞≪∙ FOREVER SEEKING •↟•

• ► By Patricia Smith ◄ •
                                  ☙ "SKY BRONZE" Emperor Dragon
                                  ✾ "RAINBOW ASAGI" Moon Oriental Dragon
                                  ✾ "RAINBOW TIGER" Sun Oriental Dragon

• ► By Melody ◄ •
                                  ☙ "Test Paint #5" GB '15 PUMA
                                  ☙ #170 FANTASY GB '22 Young Qi'Lin
                                  ☙ #224 KOI GB '22 Young Qi'Lin

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.