fbpx

Empress ?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Empress ?

Viewing 5 posts - 76 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    Blade-of-the-Moon
    Participant

What a hoard you must have DM…and still wanting more eh ?

Your such a Dragon…not that I’m much better..or.. is that worse.. hmmmmm πŸ˜€

Kujacker
      Participant

Wow… I got confused skimming this thread. I don’t have any idea what you guys are actually talking about lol.
        Here is my opinion on what I think this thread is now about. This is not directed to anyone’s comments.
        I don’t think every dragon need to have a pair. Melody said both Spectrals are male, and I don’t think they need “counterparts” (in fact, I think that would ruin those two sculpts to see any others spectrals). I see a lot of people saying “this sculpt needs a counterpart” and I don’t see why it matters. I’m fine with the Emperor being the Emperor without an empress. Even if Melody did make an empress statue, I wouldn’t connect it to the Emperor. They would be two separate things.
        The fledgling doesn’t need to grow up into anything. He’s just a fledgling sculpt, probably meant to symbolize a part of a dragons growth. Same with the hatching “royals”.

To me, they all stand alone and they aren’t connected (yes, that means to me, the male, mother and hatchling are not family. They are A male, mother, and a hatchling). But then again, these are only sculptures and that is how I view them πŸ™‚

Blade-of-the-Moon
        Participant

Your viewpoint is valid…sure they are sculptures and art …but having a past and a history make them more interesting and add to the appeal for me…if you want to remove all imagination and fantasy they are all stones…beautifully sculpted and painted but still stones…just objects. I look at em’ and I see a Dragon though..ones that have origins ( in the creator’s and owner’s minds I’m sure ) and stories to tell… we’re just giving our opinions on what we think they are. ” God is in the details… ” or so I’ve always believed…these sculpts look to alive for me to just think of them as art..I think that’s why we name them.. πŸ˜‰

Wanting more pairs and mates for certain sculptures is really us just wanting more new Dragons to get..lol..no matter wether our wallets or accounts can deal with it…heh they also make for more display options..I think many of us enjoy displaying our Dragons together as much as possible or as space allows. You mentioned the Spectrals.. does any sculpt having the same eyes qualify as a Spectral ?iIf so there are already more than two of them.. but I wouldn’t mind more or at least another one in a diff pose…I actually disliked them until I bought my first one now I’m saving for the Riser…hehe.

I would love if Melody did some kind of artbook with all her personnal thoughts about each piece in it and even sketches she did for them..a Windstone ” bible ” if you will. We might get some of these questions answered therein.. πŸ˜€

WolfenMachine
          Participant

I was looking at my dragons I have sitting around on the counter this morning and noticed that the hatching emperor, hatching empress, sitting spectral and lap dragon all have ridges on their head that don’t start until nearly the top of there head whereas the old warrior’s ridge goes all the way (nearly) to the tip of his nose. So it would seem that the hatching emperor and empress grow up to be the lap and or sitting spectral. The kinglet has an extra set of horns you can see peering out from his eggshell just like the rising spectral.

Personally I think the fledgling grows up to be the old warrior. They’re both generally thought of as male and the fledgie, like the OW has a tiny gold dot near the tip of his nose (well its tiny on the fledgie, much noticeable on the OW) Plus, its cute, if you set the fledgie facing the old warrior in front of him, it looks like the old guy is schooling the fledgie, telling him what to do and not do in battle to be the toughest dragon. πŸ™‚

Purplecat
            Participant

Kujacker wrote:

Wow… I got confused skimming this thread. I don’t have any idea what you guys are actually talking about lol.
              Here is my opinion on what I think this thread is now about. This is not directed to anyone’s comments.
              I don’t think every dragon need to have a pair. Melody said both Spectrals are male, and I don’t think they need “counterparts” (in fact, I think that would ruin those two sculpts to see any others spectrals). I see a lot of people saying “this sculpt needs a counterpart” and I don’t see why it matters. I’m fine with the Emperor being the Emperor without an empress. Even if Melody did make an empress statue, I wouldn’t connect it to the Emperor. They would be two separate things.
              The fledgling doesn’t need to grow up into anything. He’s just a fledgling sculpt, probably meant to symbolize a part of a dragons growth. Same with the hatching “royals”.

To me, they all stand alone and they aren’t connected (yes, that means to me, the male, mother and hatchling are not family. They are A male, mother, and a hatchling). But then again, these are only sculptures and that is how I view them πŸ™‚

I think this is what I agree with…and the “family” bit should be left to a viewer’s imagination. If Melody has certain ones she thinks of as a family, there’s nothing wrong with that, any more than there is with someone imagining one of the spectrals as a “father” dragon. Not to mention we all love hearing how Melody envisioned them, it adds to the fun. I believe one of the functions of art is to spark the imagination of an audience, and everyone’s imagination is different. Even with my work I have certain pieces that in my mind “belong” together, but many times I keep it to myself, just because I love to hear what other people imagine, without my ideas coloring theirs.

Viewing 5 posts - 76 through 80 (of 80 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.