fbpx

Empress ?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Empress ?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    frozendragon
    Participant

Blade-of-the-Moon wrote:

frozendragon wrote:

Blade-of-the-Moon wrote:

It doesn’t look that bad really..but it’s hard to tell detail in almost any pic…that said..I wouldn’t mind any new dragons she decided to make… ๐Ÿ˜‰

This is OT, but I can’t tell you how useful that pic in your sig has been to me when trying to compare all the diff sizes of each piece… you don’t have a bigger version do you ? ๐Ÿ˜€

yes.. I have the bigger version on my computer… I just had to make it smaller to fit on the forum…

Could you email me a copy ? I can pm my addy if you could .

yes.. go ahead…

Blade-of-the-Moon
      Participant

frozendragon wrote:

Blade-of-the-Moon wrote:

frozendragon wrote:

Blade-of-the-Moon wrote:

It doesn’t look that bad really..but it’s hard to tell detail in almost any pic…that said..I wouldn’t mind any new dragons she decided to make… ๐Ÿ˜‰

This is OT, but I can’t tell you how useful that pic in your sig has been to me when trying to compare all the diff sizes of each piece… you don’t have a bigger version do you ? ๐Ÿ˜€

yes.. I have the bigger version on my computer… I just had to make it smaller to fit on the forum…

Could you email me a copy ? I can pm my addy if you could .

yes.. go ahead…

Done…just wanted to be sure.. ๐Ÿ˜‰

pipsxlch
        Participant

I sort of see them as different species; the emperor and SK (along with hatching royalty) are one; the male, female, young, small PYO and hatcher are another, while the spectrals are a third more distantly related nocturnal one (others are diurnal). The OW and lap are a different species also, usually I think in the same but sometimes not, think the differences are just age and gender. I don’t have a PYO keeper (yet) so can’t really say on that one and sometimes place the kinglet in another undetermined species also.

I love that empress sculpt, would enjoy it either way. Think I would pair it with the OW.

I still want/need both rock dragons, but will almost certainly keep them inside. I really love the idea of dragons in my garden, though, so :shrug: .

Blade-of-the-Moon
          Participant

pipsxlch wrote:

I sort of see them as different species; the emperor and SK (along with hatching royalty) are one; the male, female, young, small PYO and hatcher are another, while the spectrals are a third more distantly related nocturnal one (others are diurnal). The OW and lap are a different species also, usually I think in the same but sometimes not, think the differences are just age and gender. I don’t have a PYO keeper (yet) so can’t really say on that one and sometimes place the kinglet in another undetermined species also.

I love that empress sculpt, would enjoy it either way. Think I would pair it with the OW.

I orig thought it was just a difference in sex, but it gets more complicated the further you look into it. Like the Father Dragon could be said to become an Emperor eventually..but we have hatching emperors , ok say that’s a species, but the hatching Emps look more like Laps which is a female right ? Well the Mother dragon looks like a male and emperor in a lot of respects.

The Spectrals aside ( they are way too diff to be mixed with other species )

Ok..let me try this.

Father , Mother, Hatchling
            All look pretty similar here.

Scratcher, Old Warrior
            The OW looks a like an older Scratcher.

Hatching Emperor, Empress, Fledgling, Kinglet
            Despite the names, these look really similar..If an H-Emperor becomes an Emp, a H-Empress becomes a Empress, what does a Fledgie and Kinglet become ? One could assume a mother dragon lays a clutch of eggs and some become Emps, some look like Scratchers, others Laps.. which is what a Fledgie could become ( Lap/Scratcher ) unless Fledgies are just females then only Laps. The Kinglet is another story..if he’s a ” King ” then there must be a “Queen” unless the queen is the Fledgie and Kinglets are just males.

So we need an Empress there.

That leaves the PYOs , and Secret Keeper.
            The PYO Dragon looks closer to the Lap so it’s prob just a slightly older or young female/Lap. The Keeper really looks like a young SK even forgetting the name for a minute…so maybe at some point in devlopment a fledgie becomes a Keeper and then grows into an SK..the grandmother of all dragons. Now only one question…what about the grandfather eh ? ๐Ÿ˜†

Bob

Yes we still NEED an Empress
              I always thought the Feldgie was a young Emperor waiting it grow up. I have no idea what the Kinglet would be unless it’s the Hatching E before it’s out of the shell enough for us to be able to tell it’s sex??

Blade-of-the-Moon
              Participant

Dragon Master wrote:

Yes we still NEED an Empress
                I always thought the Feldgie was a young Emperor waiting it grow up. I have no idea what the Kinglet would be unless it’s the Hatching E before it’s out of the shell enough for us to be able to tell it’s sex??

I doubt the Fledgie is an Emperor since it’s named differently and we already have one hatcher that’s been dubbed Emperor. Really none of the hatchlings ( Emp, Empress, Fledge or Kinglet ) look like an Emperor or the Mother,Father, and the previous little Hatchling. They more resemble the Lap, Scratcher, and SK from what I can tell.

Has Melody mentioned her thoughts as to the origin of these pieces before ? Like how she came up with them ? If each one is a unique dragon and they aren’t supposed to be similar I can understand that.

Nightcrow
                Participant

Dragon Master wrote:

have 10 soon to be 11 (I hope) Emperors all waiting for her. She would have a LOT to choose from in my house

Haha! Any Empress you get is going to wind up with a harem! ๐Ÿ™‚

Quote:

Nothing like dropping 4 GRAND in one pop!!![/color]

Egad, don’t say things like that — I think my heart stopped for a second at the mere thought! *giggles* Which is not to say that I wouldn’t do it, if I had it.

I’d DEFINITELY have to drop the price of one if they’re issued in the old colors — my poor White emperor is lonely!

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Nightcrow
                  Participant

Melody wrote:

Actually the story is that the Old Warrior was supposed to be the Empress, but I just couldn’t make myself turn that dragon into a female.. they sometimes just take on a life of their own!

Heehee! ๐Ÿ™‚ Although, somewhat oddly, I have always assumed my Emerald OW is female. The White is definitely male, though. They’re best buddies, and like to sit next to each other and discuss past battles. (The BVP is also male, in spite of having a somewhat female name.)

Speaking of stories — I remember that someone once asked a similar question about the hatching Kinglet, but I can’t remember what your answer was — I think it was along the lines of “I thought of him as the baby form of (X sculpt)”, but was it the male? Or something else?

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Blade-of-the-Moon
                    Participant

I think the Lap and the OW would go together well..when I get my RF OW I’ll let you guys know.. ๐Ÿ˜€

Nightcrow
                      Participant

Blade-of-the-Moon wrote:

I think the Lap and the OW would go together well..when I get my RF OW I’ll let you guys know.. ๐Ÿ˜€

I classify the OW as a separate species/race/breed, because of the lack of jewels — despite being of sufficient size to have at least two gems, the OW has none, and no place for one (so the lack is not just a “birth defect” or battle damage). So I think he’s a separate type from the rest.

As for “the rest”, I tend to judge by the horns — “old type” dragons have horns the color of their body, while “new type” dragons have gold-plated horns. The “old type” dragons also have much more varied scales, ranging from tiny pebble-like areas to broad plates, while the “new type” tend to have much less variation and a higher proportion of large, smooth scales.

There also seem to be some differences in face shape between them, but with most of my collection in another state I can’t be sure how good a criterion this is. The “new type” dragons seem to have narrower noses in relation to their head width; compare the Male and the Lap in terms of body size versus head appearance — the Lap’s got a much narrower nose! This is why I tend to assume the Fledgling is a “new type” whose gold horns haven’t budded yet: compare his face with that of the Young dragon — his is actually broader than the older-than-him Young dragon’s, but the nose is thinner — like a slightly more grown-up version of the Kinglet (whom I also think of as a “new type” whose horns haven’t grown in yet).

I tend to think of the Secret Keeper as the “Empress” (particularly considering that, with most reptiles, if there’s any difference then the female is usually larger than the male — and she’s the only one who dwarfs the Emperor!) all grown up. ๐Ÿ™‚

Blade-of-the-Moon
                        Participant

You know..I never noticed the OW doesn’t have a jewel..l ๐Ÿ˜•

Maybe when Melody’s Dragons get so old they absorb their jewel..or after they have reproduced it’s lost ?

If you can’t tell I’d love a story or history to go along with each piece… ๐Ÿ˜‰

The SK might be just too large to be an Empress…since it doesn’t fit with the Emperor..unless it’s a really old one..then we’d need a male about the same size. Either way..a new Dragon or Dragons is called for ! ๐Ÿ˜€

I don’t have a Kinglet or a Fledgling yet..but I planned to add them all to the same nest..I figured they all belonged there. I guess a simple explanation would be there is a lot of variety in one batch of eggs..but that’s not nearly as fun..eh ?

Bob

well my 3 SK’s have a harrem of Emperor’s to choose from right now so the Emperss would have to fight them to get her man!!!
                            I have not been able to drop THAT kind of money in many years now

PurpleTurtle
                            Participant

3 SKs DM ๐Ÿ˜ฎ . Man, I would have to rob a bank to even get one. Or maybe sell a couple of my organs……
                              Or maybe you can spare one, maybe, huh….please…..he hee ๐Ÿ˜›

Blade-of-the-Moon
                              Participant

Dragon Master wrote:

well my 3 SK’s have a harrem of Emperor’s to choose from right now so the Emperss would have to fight them to get her man!!!
                                I have not been able to drop THAT kind of money in many years now

Unless Melody has a Male version of an SK in mind sometime the road..lol I know..looking a bit too far down the road…eh ? But still…those little Emperors wouldn’t have much chance with an SK…from my perspective.. ๐Ÿ˜€

If I mangae to get enough for tax returns and maybe some more this October I MIGHT be able to get an SK…I have no patience really though…for a Dragon. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Bob

I still want the 3 production SK’s though, even though I already have 3 special ones, well white and 2 special ones

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 80 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.