Ebay – Windstone arrived in PIECES

Home Forums Miscellany Community Ebay – Windstone arrived in PIECES

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Amstaff
    Participant

So I knew this was bound to happen sooner or later…. ha ….

The seller even wrote me an email and told me not to worry that he would pack it well and that it would arrive in one piece… double HA !

This was also sold via the ebay Global Shipping program… which I detest !!!!

So this USED to be a Gargoyle candle holder… although I cannot tell what his head looked like from the shards of pieces left….

First bad sign…. newspaper….

2nd bad sign…. THIN sheet of useless bubble wrap….

From shaking the box one couldnt tell he was broken, as one couldnt hear any rattling pieces… but then this :

You can see 2 red eyes here in the rubble…

Im just SICK over this…. Im not only out $33 USD (which I will get back eventually via ebays guarantee- I called them alread)….. but Im just heartbroken over the loss of such an awesome piece. There is no salvaging this from what I can see, the pieces are sooooo small…. *sobs* πŸ™ Such a waste !!!!!!!!!!!

Im so upset and pissed off right now !!! I havent even eaten yet today, I been too busy trying to deal with this !

On top of that, I also got in a Windstone Mermaid from ebay…also via ebays Global Shipping program… and her box was only HALF full of packing peanuts, and she was also in a thin sheet of bubble wrap. Her being a lighter piece allowed her to arrive in one piece, yet she has 2 flaws or blemished on her.. one on her chest, and one on her head… the seller had stated she was flawless ! So Im also upset about that, and have contacted the seller in hopes to maybe get a partial refund… *HA!*

Can you tell those are ANGRY *HA’s* !!! πŸ™

WolfenMachine
      Participant

πŸ™ I’m so sorry to hear that. Drag0nfeathers is really great at repairing Windstones and she fixed an Emperor who was missing a big chunk of his tail. If you get the money back on him, maybe you can put that towards repairs? Although IDK if repairs will cost more than a new one. I do hope you can get your money back.

That global shipping program is a double edged sword. Great for sellers, terrible for buyers.

Amstaff
        Participant

Yeah, I really dont think it would be worth having him repaired πŸ™

I already called ebay, I had to know what was going to happen, and they say I will get a full refund. The seller has until friday to resolve it, then I call ebay and they fix it if he doesnt.

I HATE global shipping, I will never buy from a seller who uses that again. It ends up costing me more money, plus a lot of times the item isnt packaged properly because of how THEY repack the item πŸ™

Ela_Hara
          Participant

So sorry Amstaff! It is a shame.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
            Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
            Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
            *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Bullsquid
            Participant

I’m sorry to hear about your shattered gargoyle. At least you will get your money back as some consolation.

I had a close call with the global shipping program. I ordered a sitting spectral dragon, and when the box arrived, I thought it had to be something else. There was no way a spectral could fit in that box, or so I thought. I fully expected to open a box full of busted gypsum pieces. Well, the shipping gods must have smiled on me that day, because the spectral dragon inside was miraculously undamaged. It must have had AT MOST 1 cm of clearance on all sides. I couldn’t believe someone would think that was an appropriate size box for a spectral dragon (not to mention the lack of padding -a single thin sheet of bubble wrap).

I avoid the global shipping program like the plague from now on for fragile items.

you coul try to sell the gargoyle as is or offer it for cost of shipping, maybe someone with time would be willing to at least try and rescue him?

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
              www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
              Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Kim
              Blocked

Another echo to the fact that I also detest the global shipping program and will not buy pieces with it as it costs twice as much to ship and adds additional unnecessary handling and checking and repacking items. For anyone who buys off ebay please always tell the seller exactly how a Windstone should be packed before they ship it. I always insist on double boxing, bubble wrap and packing peanuts and tell the seller even before I bid that it needs to be shipped that way or else I won’t bid. I am lucky I don’t buy big items anyway so haven’t had any arrive broken but I have seen way too many cases of this kind of idiot packing that I won’t take my chances. I am sorry that happened Amstaff and hope you can find another one after you get your refund.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Amstaff, I do have a lot of time on my hands and I would like to get it from you, if your willing to part from it. For whatever reason, I get it fixed and show it to you and you want it back, that will be fine by me. The only thing is that I have only $20, I’m sorry I don’t have more to help out, I am looking for work!

Amstaff, I do have a lot of time on my hands and I would like to get it from you, if your willing to part from it. For whatever reason, I get it fixed and show it to you and you want it back, that will be fine by me. The only thing is that I have only $20, I’m sorry I don’t have more to help out, I am looking for work!

I also can’t guarantee that I’ll get it fixed.

Amstaff
                Participant

Thanks everyone πŸ™‚ I actually got my refund shortly after I filled my return claim with ebay. And I got refunded for the global shipping costs also, thank goodness.

Wow Bullsquid, you are lucky that spectral came in one piece ! Lucky you πŸ™‚

Kim, I usually do advise sellers on how to pack them properly. This guy said he guaranteed its safe arrival, not to worry…. but I guess I should have been more insistent. And the mermaid shipper, well I told her to please not use newspaper as it isnt a good packing material, and she had responded with- I never use newspaper, its not packing material, so I thought it was safe there as well…. but Im kinda thinking the flaws on that one were there before she was even shipped. Oh, I did get half my money back on that one, which I was happy with.

I hate global shipping, and have even complained to ebay about it when given surveys and such by them. See, I work at the post office, and I also see a lot of parcels sent via global shipping (they have that ebay global shipping sticker on them) and therefor I see first hand the crappy packing jobs…. 2nd hand flimsy boxes, tape half coming off… etc… I will NEVER buy from someone using that method again… 3 bad experiences are enough.

Trina_Hill, I dont mind giving him the you at all !! Just let me make 100% sure the seller isnt expecting it to be returned to them…. :/ . If I dont have to return it then I will send him off to you, thing is he is in shards… I dont know how he could be fixed… but yeah, I can send him to you if you really want him πŸ™‚ (And if I dont have to return him) . Give me a week or so to make sure things are good on the ebay end πŸ™‚

Natasha
                  Participant

You poor thing, Amstaff! How disappointing! I am so paranoid about international shipping on ebay I usually don’t bid.

I’ve only had wonderful experiences with forum members Angelika_Zen and Bullsquid, who are both fantastic packers, but I just don’t trust ebay’s Global Shipping thingy. Honestly, I WILL buy on ebay occasionally but I am so much less anxious when I buy off the forum. Now, if everything I wanted would just show up here, along with a magically filling bank account, I’d be safe!

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                    ANY Red Eyed Unis
                    ANY Test Paint Bat
                    UNIS:
                    The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                    Male- Snow Leopard TP
                    White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                    Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                    Mother: Okapi
                    Gothic - Mahogany
                    PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                    DRAGONS: Male Coyote

rachelled
                    Participant

I had this happen with the Global Shipping Program as well.

They open it to inspect the item – They did not repackage it properly, they LEFT OUT THE SECOND BOX, and as a result arrived broken.

Call eBay. If it was Pitney Bowes (the GSP’s shipper) fault, and both you and the seller agree, they will refund you both no problem.

Sorry this happened. It sounds like you did call eBay already, but it’s such a shame…

I avoid sellers who are using the GSP if they are not willing to ship without it (after a polite PM of course).

Amstaff, I don’t mind waiting and the fact that he’s in shards either. It would be a interesting puzzle for me to do, and I could tell you if he would make it or not. Btw, how much would you want for him and how would you liked to be paid?

Amstaff
                      Participant

He would be free, I just may want you to help on the shipping costs. Paypal πŸ˜‰

He would be free, I just may want you to help on the shipping costs. Paypal πŸ˜‰

Sure I can try to help as much as I can, to use PayPal is it free?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.