fbpx

eBay Rant!!

Home Forums Miscellany Community eBay Rant!!

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Kujacker
    Participant

drag0nfeathers wrote:

I hate ebay as a whole, I owe them about 80 dollars right now for selling about 120 worth of stuff. I don’t even understand how the fees added up so fast and so quickly…. *sigh* I prefer other sites like furbid and stuff like that. There is an insertion fee and that’s ALL! None of this final value crap. They just don’t get anywhere as near of traffic as ebay does and they know that so they charge ludicrous prices and keep getting away with it because they can.

But can you list Windstones on Furbid/buy? What about etsy or bigcartel? I’ve wondered this myself, but I always thought it would be some sort of violation. Perhaps Nambroth can clear it up for us?

I’m also not sure how you owe then $80 for selling $120 worth of stuff ๐Ÿ˜• I sold probably about $400 worth of stuff one month and only had a fee of about $25 from ebay.

Anonymous

Frozen: I know you can file a claim with the BBB against both eBay and PayPal for taking your money, when you followed their specific rules. The BBB is a consumer advocacy group – you are a consumer of eBay/PayPal and they did you wrong. I filed twice against both companies when they sided against me during claims, both times I was the seller. Both times because of the BBB, I received MY MONEY. I’m not sure why you think you don’t have the right to file a claim – because you most definately do. And, because eBay allows International Clients to purchase items that they host on their auction site, they must also understand the shipping delays involved.

I once shipped something to Colombia; it took nearly three months but it got there. No claim was filed against me but if there had been, that would’ve sucked :/ I imagine that’s the same thing that has happened to you.

The point is, you are a consumer and the company that allowed the interchange to occur did you wrong. File a claim – it’s really quite easy. You aren’t talking small change here! :/

drag0nfeathers
        Participant

I’m not too sure either. I had like 25 cent insertion fees and a “final value fee based on my end selling price” Seriously… I feel like I got bent over and ebay had their way with me. ๐Ÿ™„

If I don’t pay them they will eventually suspend me from selling. *sigh*

Got a busted Windstone?
          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
          Siphlophis Male Dragon
          Calypso Hatching Empress
          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
          Tattoo Mother Kirin
          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Jennifer
          Keymaster

Kujacker wrote:

But can you list Windstones on Furbid/buy? What about etsy or bigcartel? I’ve wondered this myself, but I always thought it would be some sort of violation. Perhaps Nambroth can clear it up for us?

As long as you represent the item accurately (e.g. “I only painted this, the sculpture is from and copyright to Windstone Editions”) and are not infringing on any of Windstone’s rights (such as painting a PYO dragon in the peacock coloration) then it’s okay. You can sell them anywhere where you are permitted to sell such items. You simply cannot sell them where the artwork must be 100% your own, if that makes sense. PYOs are like… really elaborate, hard to paint 3D coloring books. XD Someone else made the art, you just put the colors on.

Just read the ToS and selling policies wherever you sell to see if they allow it or not.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
            My art: featherdust.com

frozendragon
            Participant

drag0nfeathers wrote:

I’m not too sure either. I had like 25 cent insertion fees and a “final value fee based on my end selling price” Seriously… I feel like I got bent over and ebay had their way with me. ๐Ÿ™„

If I don’t pay them they will eventually suspend me from selling. *sigh*

I’m with you on that one.. I sold one or two small things and my selling fees are $126 and change, I don’t think I even made that much with what I sold, and then the person put in the claim and everything I had in paypal to pay the fees for eBay got sucked out.. and I can pay either one.. LOL

I swear they never used to be that bad..

pipsxlch
              Participant

I wonder if you could pursue eBay/Paypal for mail fraud? They were party to your getting defrauded, after all.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.