fbpx

Dragons, and poads, and werepanthers, oh my! Hi, I'm new!

Home Forums Miscellany Introductory and Welcoming Area Dragons, and poads, and werepanthers, oh my! Hi, I'm new!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    WeRePaNtHeR
    Participant

I’ve had an account for a little over a year on Windstone but have only recently started interacting more actively on the site and in the community. I’ve been collecting for about a year and a half as able. I first saw Windstone pieces in various upper scale gift shops growing up but was never in a position those times to score any. I’m not in that great of a position now, but all work and no treats makes werepanther a sullen lady so splurge sometimes. Ha. I hail from northern WI where I live with my bf, my pet blue tick/border collie mix and my California Satin rabbit. If you are in the trading/selling market be sure to check out my Windstone Wish list sometime under the General Windstone forum discussion area a long with other members.
      My favorite Windstone critters are dragons, griffins, gargoyles, and poads, though all are excellent.
      I think the cougar sculpts will also become a fast favorite if I can score any sometime.
      It’s nice to meet y’all and see you around site!

Forever seeking: plum, chili pepper, and tattoo oriental dragons and kirins.

etruscan
      Participant

Welcome, and glad you’re having fun. πŸ™‚ You certainly jumped in with a splash once you decided to participate!

WeRePaNtHeR
        Participant

Welcome, and glad you’re having fun. πŸ™‚ You certainly jumped in with a splash once you decided to participate!

That’s me graceful as ever, LOL. Thanks for popping in, nice to meet you officially, and yes, is this place and collecting addictive or what?!

Prezaurian
          Participant

Welcome! And gosh yes, the collecting is addictive. I can sympathize with you on funds for collecting. You’re right, all work and no treats does make you surely (sure makes me that way). Every time I decide to get a piece it’s a miracle if I don’t guilt myself out of it! Well, it makes the pieces I do get that much more special. I have to say that I’m also looking forward to the cougar sculpt going into production. It’s hard to be patient.

Natasha
            Participant

Welcome! You’ve been lovely dealing with in PM and I’m glad to see you on the board, too!

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
              ANY Red Eyed Unis
              ANY Test Paint Bat
              UNIS:
              The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
              Male- Snow Leopard TP
              White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
              Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
              Mother: Okapi
              Gothic - Mahogany
              PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
              DRAGONS: Male Coyote

twindragonsmum
              Participant

Hi werepanther! How nice to meet ya :). I must say that your avatar is is just waaaay too stinkin’ cute! Makes me grin every time I see it! Glad you decided to join us – we have a pretty good time around here and there’s always room for at least one more (we’re pretty good at scootching over and making room) Look forward to getting to know you πŸ™‚

twindragonsmum πŸ™‚

tdm

WeRePaNtHeR
                Participant

Welcome! And gosh yes, the collecting is addictive. I can sympathize with you on funds for collecting. You’re right, all work and no treats does make you surely (sure makes me that way). Every time I decide to get a piece it’s a miracle if I don’t guilt myself out of it! Well, it makes the pieces I do get that much more special. I have to say that I’m also looking forward to the cougar sculpt going into production. It’s hard to be patient.

Aw, don’t guilt trip yourself! It’s healthy to treat yourself sometimes, and you’re right it makes you love the pieces you have all the more so when you look at them you are extra good feeling!
                  I know watcha mean, patience is a virtue, unfortunately it’s not one of mine, espec. when it comes to those cougar sculpts! I’m right there with you! It’s so nice to meet you – thanks for saying hello.

WeRePaNtHeR
                  Participant

Welcome! You’ve been lovely dealing with in PM and I’m glad to see you on the board, too!

Hi Natasha,

It’s been nice PMing with you too! *still drooling over plum stego* Ha. I sure hope you can hunt down that boar you want so much and those other pieces! Someone out there has to have a boar they’d be willing to part with, I would for what you are offering if I had one, even though I love the sculpt too.

WeRePaNtHeR
                    Participant

Hi werepanther! How nice to meet ya :). I must say that your avatar is is just waaaay too stinkin’ cute! Makes me grin every time I see it! Glad you decided to join us – we have a pretty good time around here and there’s always room for at least one more (we’re pretty good at scootching over and making room) Look forward to getting to know you πŸ™‚

twindragonsmum πŸ™‚

Hi twin, thanks! I like it too. Your avatar is neat also, did you do those PYOs, they are really excellent looking! It seems like a very friendly and fun community to interact with from what I’ve read and experienced – see you around!

Dragoneer_88
                      Participant

Welcome to the forum! Your in good company here. πŸ˜‰ On a side note, my parents hail from WI. LOL

WeRePaNtHeR
                        Participant

Welcome to the forum! Your in good company here. πŸ˜‰ On a side note, my parents hail from WI. LOL

Hi dragon!

Oh really, which part?

MandBsMom
                          Participant

Welcome! I’ve had an account for less than a year, and I really enjoy the pictures and the attitudes of everyone here. It’s a nice ‘smaller’ group than other hobby forums and Melody is too awesome! I’ve traded with several people and bought some too, and every transaction with forum members has been wonderful. It’s lovely to have a company with employees like Windstone has and how they interact with their customers on here. Next you should try some PYOs! That’ll really get you going! Again, welcome, and I hope you have a great time here. I know I do!

Love baby kirins, safari poads, mini keepers, and anything BLUE, BLUE, and, oh yes, BLUE.

Dragoneer_88
                            Participant

Hi dragon!

Oh really, which part?

They’re from good ol’ Milwakee, though my dad grew up in Racine. πŸ™‚

WeRePaNtHeR
                              Participant

Welcome! I’ve had an account for less than a year, and I really enjoy the pictures and the attitudes of everyone here. It’s a nice ‘smaller’ group than other hobby forums and Melody is too awesome! I’ve traded with several people and bought some too, and every transaction with forum members has been wonderful. It’s lovely to have a company with employees like Windstone has and how they interact with their customers on here. Next you should try some PYOs! That’ll really get you going! Again, welcome, and I hope you have a great time here. I know I do!

Hi MandB!

I noticed quickly how close knit everyone seems to be both members and Windstone staff. It is more than awesome that the staff is so interactive with everyone! I think there is definitely something special going here too. I’ve done a few classified purchases so far and one trade. I’ve thought about trying my hand at a PYO someday yet, I bought a PYO off Ebay of a Ki-Rin “Leafy” not too long ago. It has a bit of paint smudge on the back of the horn which I wish I had known about prior to purchase, but it really isn’t that noticeable where it effects the pieces display quality, it’s just I’m picky and spoiled on some things. Heh. I tried painting table top gaming miniatures several years back and did pretty decent with them, I think I could do a pretty nice PYO, but would need to buy all the supplies for it.

jmoore
                                Participant

Well said! And I totally agree on all counts!

Welcome, welcome!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.