fbpx

Dragoneer’s Artsy Things

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion Dragoneer’s Artsy Things

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Dragoneer_88
    Participant

I’m going to start posting my artsy things under this section from now on, where it’s most appropriate I think. Sorry for starting so many different threads you guys. I couldn’t decide which section was the most appropriate to post my creations. 😬 I swear this is the last thread I’m going to start regarding this topic.

Anyway, invasion of the cute space pumpkins! Why space pumpkins? Why not? Lol! The bottom one is a galaxy pumpkin, the middle are pastel galaxy pumpkins, and the top two are nebula pumpkins. It’s fun to make these little pieces.

GardenNinja
      Participant

Cute! What are they made of?

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

Landipan
        Participant

Those are so pretty! I like the pastel ones the best!

*Formerly meowmix101
          Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Dragoneer_88
          Participant

They’re made from Sculpey Premo polymer oven bake clay and glitter.

Thanks you. ☺️

Dragoneer_88
            Participant

It’s been awhile since I’ve posted anything. Life happens. I’m late, but I hope everyone is having a good start to the new year. I wanted to share these two sculpts I made recently with you all. Any constructive critics will be appreciated. They’re made with Sculpey Premo and Super Sculpey clays. The eyes on the octopus glow in the dark just for a bit of added fun.

Kelsey
              Participant

I LOVE the octopus!!

Dragoneer_88
                Participant

Thank you so much! ♥️😊 Both are available in my Etsy shop.

GardenNinja
                  Participant

That octopus made me laugh! And remember the time I found one in the tide pools at Newport Beach. It was under water and sea grass, but it kept reaching its black arms out across the grass and rocks, looking for something (presumably food!)

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

pipsxlch
                    Participant

I love that octopus too- let’s see of it’s still available after my bills are sorted this month.

merrillannwhite
                      Participant

Very nice!

Dragoneer_88
                        Participant

Lol! Awww, they’re curiously cute even though they look like something from another planet. I always wonder what they think of us humans. 😆

Thank you Pipsxlch and Merrillannwhite. 😊

merrillannwhite
                          Participant

Did you bake him on the shell, or did you mold him to fit and attach him after? I wondered if the baking would affect things like the shell or beads and findings.

Dragoneer_88
                            Participant

I baked him on the shell. The sculpey brand clay bakes at a relatively low temperature of 275 degrees. Generally, you don’t have to worry about baking polymer clays with ceramics (glazed or unglazed), glass, metals, or natural materials like stones, shells, and even raw wood. I avoid plastics unless it’s plastic glitter embedded in the clay. Some plastics are heat resistant, but I’d rather not take the chance of melting plastic in my oven. Apparently, you can even paint acrylic paints on the clay BEFORE baking and then bake your sculpture. I haven’t tried it myself, but I have baked chalk pastels and pearl-ex pigment powders without issue.

Dragoneer_88
                              Participant

Another polyclay thing made for my 1yo niece. She really seems to like this cartoon called, Bob The Train, so my sister asked for an ornament.

I’ve moved my dragon pendant over to eBay for a bit. It’s hard to choose which website would be better for selling these kinds of things. Anyone have experience with this?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/OOAK-Handmade-Polyclay-Blue-Ice-Dragon-Bust-Hanging-Ornament-Pendant-Figurine/143090980380?hash=item2150e3161c:g:34MAAOSwjfdcPPnj

pipsxlch
                                Participant

I don’t have experience with Etsy (someone told me the fees are pretty high there though for sellers), but there probably isn’t anywhere you can reach a broader market than eBay. I do sell there occasionally, they’re not TOO horrible. Probably a more educated or committed market on Etsy, but a much larger one on eBay. JMO

And the train is adorable! P.S. 2 more weeks if that octopus is still there…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.