fbpx

Dragon Riders, Assemble!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Dragon Riders, Assemble!

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Stormbreeze
    Participant

Warner Bros did option the series from Anne McCaffrey’s estate less than a year ago, so the Dragonriders just might make the big screen yet. And Peter Jackson did the same with Temeraire, so…………

Oh! I’m reading the Temeraire series right now. I hope they do that (but not like they did with Eragon, that movie was terrible!)

[i]Keeping an eye out for fantasy gryphons and test paint dragons.[/i]

Aggie83
      Participant

@Stormbreeze Agreed. My younger daughter absolutely LOVED the first book and was so excited for the movie only to be so disappointed.

But Peter Jackson gives me hope.

Kiera
        Participant

If they keep it Canon, then women ride only green and gold dragons. (Great big period, according to Anne.) However, with Todd being more about the money than the love of the series, he’ll probably allow them to do whatever they want in the movie.

I ride a lovely emerald green, Fidrith. However, in my dreams, I am usually paired with a brown named Coreanth. Funny part is, even when I Impressed him, I took one look and said “But I can’t take a brown!” Answer was, “Dragon’s choice!” In all my sleeping dreams, he’s a brown. In my daydreams, though, she’s a green. A fun, quick, spunky little green. Flies circles around the bronzes, but gets tired quickly. She’s a prancey little tease. 😉

Stormbreeze
          Participant

In one of the books Anne Mcaffrey co-wrote, a girl rode a blue.

But I got mixed up; I think I’d like a female dragon. Alorith is a big, dark, shimmery green who is thankfully incapable of reproducing. 🙂

Kiera, it is neat that you have very vivid dreams! Are they always about Pern or are there a variety of subjects?

[i]Keeping an eye out for fantasy gryphons and test paint dragons.[/i]

CHeMnICORn
            Participant

In one of the books Anne Mcaffrey co-wrote, a girl rode a blue.

But I got mixed up; I think I’d like a female dragon. Alorith is a big, dark, shimmery green who is thankfully incapable of reproducing. 🙂

Kiera, it is neat that you have very vivid dreams! Are they always about Pern or are there a variety of subjects?

In a majority of cases, women only impress greens and golds, and men impress bronze, brown, or blue. The exceptions can be with blues and greens, which, according to canon, only happens when the rider is..ahem… “playing for the other team.” So think carefully if you want to be riding an opposite gender dragon of Pern.

I think I would choose to be a Harper wit ha fire lizard instead of a dragonrider, simply because NO WAY would I betray my hubby just because my dragon deemed it necessary. >8-(

pipsxlch
              Participant

I always just saw myself with a fire lizard, I’m not ‘special’ enough for a dragon probably. But I was always drawn most to a blue if I were to have one. I’m about as introverted as I can be. And I would hope to never have to participate in a mating flight.

I remember that the male green riders were usually gay, but it was never really made a point of and nobody in the stories seemed to care. I wonder if it is more because the greens would be flown by browns or low ranking bronzes, so the riders would be able to be comfortable with their urges when the dragons mated? If that’s the case, it wouldn’t be an issue with blues since they don’t participate in mating flights. Maybe with some, the riders would be transgender as opposed to homosexual, or maybe the dragons just don’t care and the riders adapt.

Aggie83
                Participant

Dragonflight, Dragonquest, The White Dragon and the Harper Hall series down. On to Moreta and Nerilka’s story.

And I am absolutely in agreement with CheMniCorn, I would want to be part of the Harper Hall and have a little fire lizard -brown or blue.

Bodine
                  Participant

I want to fly high.Large and in charge!!!!! 😀

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                    (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                    Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.