fbpx

Dragon Hatchery!!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Dragon Hatchery!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1,411 through 1,425 (of 1,649 total)
  • Author
    Bob

I still need the vampires

what is the DEAD one under your siggy??
      Is it a Halloween vampire??

Pegasi1978
      Participant

The dead on in my signature would be a vampire. I bit a caveborn egg and successfully had it turn and stay on my scroll.

I’ve glimpsed the new 2010 valentine eggs, but haven’t managed to catch one yet as I was asleep when they first started dropping. The catch phrase is:

“This egg looks delicate and sweet.”

Correction I just caught my first one off the abandoned page.

Bob

I still NEED vampire eggs

I also need the hair raiser, too hot to handle, icicle and flying dino eggs
          I don’t see them that often either

Pegasi1978
          Participant

State of the Cave – 03/10/10

TJ09 wrote:

Balancing
            The breed balancing system has been tweaked to give more priority to recent dragons. This should have the effect of making the system “forget” about huge imbalances eventually rather than stubbornly trying to correct them for months (against the wishes of the users.)

Forum 500-Internal-Server-Error Errors
            Hopefully have been fixed.

Incoming Updates
            There are some incoming updates (hopefully sometime this week). The list of changes includes:

• Dimorphism (different male/female sprites) for a wider variety of dragons.[/*:m]
            • A secret new BSA[/*:m]
            • A change in the “minimum hatching/maturing” time limit from random 3-4 days to just 3 days (A.K.A. higher turnaround.)[/*:m]

Mod Mayhem
            The next dragon release (Codename: Mod Mayhem) will be hitting DC in the next two weeks. Brace yourselves and cue speculation.

[/]

Quote:

Brace yourselves and cue speculation.

😆 😆

Just a heads up, the mod mayhem will be quite awesome <3 that is all I know/can say

www.nakaseart.com

Bob

when will that be??

Katherine
              Participant

Nakase wrote:

Just a heads up, the mod mayhem will be quite awesome <3 that is all I know/can say

:spank: :spank: I don’t like secrets!!

Pegasi1978
                Participant

Dragon Master wrote:

when will that be??

I’d imagine sometime in the next week and a half since TJ09 said to expect it “in the next two weeks” on March 10.

Bob

I can’t be on line that much here and even less on Drag Cave so I will most likely miss it all
                    I’m not even sure what it all means anyway

Pegasi1978
                    Participant

What it means:
                      * Balancing: The breed balancing system has been tweaked to give more priority to recent dragons. – When the last new dragons were released they were the only thing dropping for a long time because the computer was trying to catch them up with the numbers of older common dragons. That made the site users very unhappy because that’s all that was dropping. With the change, it shouldn’t happen again when other new common dragons are introduces.
                      * Dimorphism – there will be different male and female sprites for a wider variety of dragons, meaning some dragons on your scroll may look different
                      * A secret new BSA – no telling what the new Breed Specific Action is and what it will do. Current BSAs are earthquake (pebble/green), influence (“new” pink), incubate (red) and bite (vampire)
                      * A change in the “minimum hatching/maturing” time limit from random 3-4 days to just 3 days (A.K.A. higher turnaround.) – dragons are back to hatching (if they have enough views) at 4 days left; same thing for maturing. It means you can have an adult dragon in approximately 6 days now.
                      * The next dragon release (Codename: Mod Mayhem) will be hitting DC in the next two weeks. – New dragons being released

When the changes happen I’ll be sure to let everyone here know by posting in the thread.

Bob

VERY kewl thank you for at least this much info so far

Pegasi1978
                        Participant

Well the Dimorphism went into effect today. If you have them these are the dragons with updated sprites: Black Female, alt Black Female, Daydream male, Geode Female, Grey/Fog Female, both “Lake”/water, Neotropical Male, Spring Female, Summer Female, Autumn/Fall Female, Winter Female, Stripe Females for all colors and Valentine 2009

The egg sprites have been updated as well. They are now more realistically shaded. That is going to throw me for a bit. For example here is an old white egg verses a new white egg and an old and new green/pebble egg:

Not sure about the rest of the things that TJ updated about (Balancing, BSA, release). They got delayed for a bit to get bugs worked out and the forum is down right now so I can’t get the most recent update.

ETA: The new BSA is called Summon. You must have one of each of the legendary dragons (magma, icicle, thunder). You go to one of them and click the Summon link. Summon cooldown is two weeks. If you succeed you get a nifty blue egg that says “This egg glows mysteriously.” No clue what it hatches into though.

Also Pumpkins can now breed with other Pumpkins and Pygmies! No clues on results though.

Purples can now be influenced so it’s possible that Purple Males will be appearing soon.

Bob

I can’t see the new green here all I get is the red X in a box with the word image next to it

Pegasi1978
                            Participant

It should show up now.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,411 through 1,425 (of 1,649 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.