fbpx

Draco statue :o

Home Forums Miscellany Community Draco statue :o

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author

ladybrooklyn wrote:

Holy crud! I’ve wanted one of those for AGES!

Draco is what cemented my desire to be a Computer animator!!! I LOVE Dragonheart!! It will always be among my top fav movies!!

MAN I wish I had $800 laying around. 😯

What, a Draco cast-resin sculpture?

If you were in the UK I’d practically GIVE the one I have away… or trade him for something prettier and shinier like a nice Emperor or a Brazilian rainbow boa. You’d have to forgive the fact that I resculpted his nose, however – when I got him it looked like someone’d sliced it off with a dull butter knife. His face was pug-flat. NOTHING like the picture on the box.

But Draco-the-Expensive is sitting in my reptile room stuffed in a corner and completely and utterly unloved. Nice sculpt, but face was very badly done, and those back spines snap off if you breathe wrong.

I was also disappointed in him because when WE bought ours the site described him as being porcelain (which we would have been happy paying what we paid for him)… not resin.

Akeyla
    Participant

*big kitty eyes*
      I’m in Europe!
      I do not own a single windstone yet (in da works) but I do dragon art πŸ™‚
      any chance to see a pic of the guy?

Bob

There is a post here that has a number of pictures. The only one I have here so far is in the show you Windstone section. You can sort of see a reflection of me in the mirror on one of the pictures. Sorry I’m computer illeterate but learning every day. I’m not sure how to post pics right now

Skigod377
        Participant

Dragon Master wrote:

There is a post here that has a number of pictures. The only one I have here so far is in the show you Windstone section. You can sort of see a reflection of me in the mirror on one of the pictures. Sorry I’m computer illeterate but learning every day. I’m not sure how to post pics right now

I think Ak meant pics of the draco statue…

Bob

skigod377 wrote:

Dragon Master wrote:

I think Ak meant pics of the draco statue…
            OOPPSS it said a picture of THE guy not of YOU guys like I though it said.

Akeyla wrote:

*big kitty eyes*
            I’m in Europe!
            I do not own a single windstone yet (in da works) but I do dragon art πŸ™‚
            any chance to see a pic of the guy?

Given how big and fragile he is I wouldn’t be really keen on shipping him out of the UK… I’d almost prefer to have him go somewhere he could be hand delivered, just so I know that any bumps, dings or bruises are entirely because *I* have mishandled him, not because a carrier has played football with him.

Akeyla
            Participant

unless he’d be a pile of sand I’ll gladly take the risk. YOu dont even want to know what sculptures I got back to me from the broken undeads πŸ˜‰ this includes polymer works but also terra cotta works (back when I started sculpting and didnt have my own oven I had an 80% breakage rate when I brought my sculptures to school for burning. I fixed them all:)
              I mean, its up to you to finally decide, but *kitty eyes*
              My offer still stands, if we are talking of the draco same as in this thread(the shiffletbrothers model (the one holding his hand infront of his head)
              ) I’d gladdly offer my fingers for artwork on commission. Sculpting is tight from scedule until next june but I have a lot of A4 scetchbooks (http://cathuman.com//newart/scetchyumyum!.jpg ) where I’d gladdly fill one for you with scetches and lines πŸ™‚
              do you have a pic of monsieur le unloveeed in your reptile room?

Akeyla
              Participant

*chirps*
                is this guy still around?
                anything I can do to adopt him?
                like… selling my hands?

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.