fbpx

Draco statue :o

Home Forums Miscellany Community Draco statue :o

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    DantheDragon
    Participant

I know a lot of you guys expressed interest in my Draco statue when I posted pictures of my dragon collection, so I thought I’d mention there’s one on ebay right now. Nice looking one too, and original box no less. You’d need it for that statue x_X Can’t tell you how many of those spines I’ve broken off while moving. *sigh* Thankfully I still have them all. Just need to glue them back on.

DantheDragon
      Participant

Copper83
        Participant

Wow! I’ll be interested to see if they sell it. I tried to sell mine about a year ago for $300. It’s mint with the original box, number 142 (I think). Didn’t sell. I’m glad now that it didn’t. At the time I had no where to safely display him. He’s still in his box for now, but when we get the add on done, he’ll be proudly displayed.

Speaking of Draco, I’ve got to share this. Several years ago I saw a commercial about a group of stores down in Tacoma that where advertising for Christmas. There were shots of the inside of several of the shops. And there on the counter, among several other pewter pieces, was Draco! I had never seen him done in pewter, but I was sure it was him. I looked and looked for him (this was before I owned a computer), but never found him. Never got to that store either. Searched ebay many times with no luck. I was beginning to think I had imagined it. Then, a few months ago, I found him on ebay, listed with another dragon! Good thing for me, the auction ended during my lunch break. I had to fight for it, but I won him, and my coworker bought the other one from me for her son. I can’t believe how many years it took, but I finally have my pewter Draco! πŸ˜€

Akeyla
          Participant

oihhhhh… perdy…
            very very expensive. Wow. As much as I love the shifletts rendering of him aswell draco as the charactere, nope.
            glad for the piccies though πŸ™‚
            hmmm…. maybe if next years convention and ebay sales bring more money. *bookmarks em*

Akeyla
            Participant
              Copper83
              Participant

….talk about expensive. 😯 I’d love to see this one in person. It’s the second time it’s been on ebay. Can’t imagine why it didn’t sell. πŸ™‚

SPark
                Participant

Oooooooooooooooooo… I always loved Draco! Somewhere in my art gallery there should be a drawing of him I did years and years ago. (Though maybe not, it’s hard for me to remember what I have and what I don’t. He may be one of the ones I lost when my portfolio was stolen a few years back.)

I don’t like that first one at all. Its so clumpy and rough…like the clay model was roughed in …but never refined.

SPark
                  Participant

The first one is a bit rough, yeah. But though the second is more refined, it’s refinement put on top of a base sculpture that’s wrong! The proportions aren’t right, the shape of the head is off, the lower torso and legs are misproportioned, the whole thing is just shaped slightly wrong all over. Plus the shape and style and placement of the various types of scales isn’t quite right either.

Copper83
                    Participant

The first one is much nicer in person.

Akeyla
                      Participant

I’ve seen the SHiflets original unpainted(online) and i believe what we see here is merely a bad paint job. The sculpture itself, yes, is a bit edgy but I like it, it gives the whole dragon more life.
                        Its still a helluva money.

second one is plastered, I believe he scratched it directly into the wax form, which explains why most scales are not 3D. If they’d have presculpted it in a more durable material I believe he would also not be so obviously “butted” and more detail and more dynamic toes could have been made. And I’m not gonna rant about the base. Still, its an amazing piece, very amazing. I wish I could cast metall too. We once visited a factory doing it and prices were like… oh you dont even want to know.

ladybrooklyn
                        Participant

Holy crud! I’ve wanted one of those for AGES!

Draco is what cemented my desire to be a Computer animator!!! I LOVE Dragonheart!! It will always be among my top fav movies!!

MAN I wish I had $800 laying around. 😯

NirvanaCat13
                          Participant
                            Skigod377
                            Participant

Nope. Nice sword, though! I really like the first dragon, but geeez, that is pricey!! (Even though I know we have spent more on Windstones…)

I wish I had $800 as well. That is my all time favorite movie. It would go well with the Dragonheard Sword that I have hanging in my living room. πŸ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.