fbpx

Do your Windstones have names?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Do your Windstones have names?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Nightcrow
    Participant

I have always meant to name my Windstones, but never seem to get around to it, and always feel uninspired when I do try to come up with names.

So far, only my BVP Old Warrior has a name — he’s Valkyrior, because of this quote from Bullfinch’s Mythology: The Valkyrior are warlike virgins, mounted upon horses and armed with helmets and spears. /…/ When they ride forth on their errand, their armour sheds a strange flickering light, which flashes up over the northern skies, making what men call the ‘aurora borealis’.” When I posted his picture, someone said his wings looked like the aurora, so when I saw that quote it was just perfect! (Though, apparently, Bullfinch was making it up.)

==========
      EDIT: Oops, I totally forgot about my Orientals! My three peacock Orientals do have names, but the BVP OW is the only Western dragon who has been named so far. My Orientals are: Meiji (“bright rule”), Taishou (“great righteousness”), and Heisei (“peace growing”).
      ==========

What are your dragons’s names, and how did you come up with them? (Other critters with names are welcomed, too.)

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Nightcrow
      Participant

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Maria
        Participant

Nah, I don’t name my Windstones. I have too many. πŸ˜› I give everything else names and nicks though, from our Shetland pony being “Little Person” (her real name is Lady Sunshine) to my horse being MΓΆΓΆssyΓΆ Niff (his real name is Nimitz) to special names for brothers and a title for my motorcycle.

Nightcrow
          Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

I give everything else names and nicks though
            […]
            and a title for my motorcycle.

Hee! I used to name my bicycles as a kid. πŸ™‚

Maria
            Participant

πŸ˜† Well, it’s my first motorcycle, and I drive the thing every day, so it’s gotten its own personality. πŸ˜›

Zelda
              Participant

Yup I name my Windstones! I collect dinosaur toys too and they all get names as well. They have too much personality to them not to, in my opinion πŸ˜€

Forever seeking: Blackwatch the raffle Old Warrior, Jennifer Miller's pieces, and GB Baby unis!

Pegasi1978
                Participant

Some of mine do, some don’t. Depends on when I hear the names in my head.

A few…Otherwise I mostly name my PYO’s…That’s about it. (I do admit to naming my Wizard Woodlore…And I call the cherubs Chessie and Griffin) πŸ˜€

Stephanie
                  Participant

The BG fledgling I just took to my classroom to live is named Patience and Understanding. πŸ˜€

Stephanie
                    Participant

nightcrow wrote:

Greater Basilisk wrote:

I give everything else names and nicks though
                      […]
                      and a title for my motorcycle.

Hee! I used to name my bicycles as a kid. πŸ™‚

My bike was named Purple Plum! My friends and I would pretend she (yes, she) was a horse, and ride her around a track and over ramps that were ‘jumps’…
                      πŸ˜€

Maebnus
                      Participant

I’ve got far too many to attempt to name them all. I’d get frustrated after a dozen or so and say to hell with it. The only Windstones I’ve named are 3 PYOs… a griffin from hardwired (she let buyer give official name), a wolf by bluepony78 (from a glance at what she wrote on the box… thought it was a name & it really wasn’t!), and my own… (and I can’t call him that until he gets finished, assuming he looks like what I want when done).

I will name my SK. I have to think of a really good one for her though. Right now, I’m stumped. Maybe it’ll come to me when I see her.

purpledragonclaw
                        Participant

Some of mine get named, some don’t. I’ve found that the ones I’ve recently purchased don’t have names yet. I’ve done some PYOs in my head that have names already! πŸ˜† And I nickname some of my dogs too. They recognize the nickname as well as they recognize their real names!

darjeb
                          Participant

No I just call them by whatever they are emperor, fledgling. etc and their color

siberakh1
                            Participant

Only my white male (my first windstone) has a name – Draconis. Sniped him on ebay back when I was in college (and ebay was still pretty new to people). Two people were battling back and forth by .50 bids for like 2 minutes. I popped in a bid about $5-10 above them a few seconds before it ended. Got him for retail or a little under what they went for at the time (they were retiring or just retired). Didn’t get another windstone for myself until about 1-2 years later when I started to really collect them (and I wasn’t totally a broke college student). πŸ™‚ Now I’m just a paying off debt recent alum. πŸ˜‰

Jodi
                              Participant

I’ve named quite a few of mine. My Gold Emperor is Midas. My Gold OW is Helios. My Emerald Lap is Persephone. My Jade Scratcher is Perseus.

My Griffins are named after desserts: Creme Brulee, Divinity, Sugar, Toffeey, Licorice, etc. Not all of them are named yet.

My Poads are named with names beginning with G: Georgi, Gina, Ginger

My Emerald Rising Spectral is Big Boy.

That’s all.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.