Do your Windstone families match or?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Do your Windstone families match or?

• This topic has 37 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Amy.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    fatalbeauty
    Participant

question that occurred to me yesterday, do your Windstone families match up or are several different colors?

mine are for the most part all different colors, I have two dragons of the same color in silver and gold but one was I had three mothers at one point and one is left that matches my silver emp….and with the two golds, one is an OW and the other is a scratcher, those are both gold since the only other color available in scratcher at the time wasn’t a color I wanted……then of course I collect fledgies in colors I like but it’s my favorite dragon sculpt…..

but all and all, my families are all over the place in color, no matched sets anywhere…..

4 things I'm looking for:
      1. Mother Meerkat
      2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
      3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
      4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Angelika_Zen
      Participant

I don’t collect ALL the Windstone sculptures, so I don’t have complete set/families in any given colour. Emerald and Violet Flame (recent version) are probably my favourite production color schemes (and I have a few pieces in each of those colors) , but Rainbow seems to be my biggest family. I don’t know if you guys are like this, but I don’t buy just for the dragon, or just for the colour…I buy it because of how it looks in a certain color.  Soooo…. I love the Male dragon sculpt, but I don’t get him in every color that comes out…and I love Violet Flame, but I don’t have every piece that was ever painted in that color scheme.  There are some dragons that I am not particularly drawn to (spectral, Riser, curlies), but in certain clothing… I could be swayed.  It’s the funniest thing!

As much as I like to mix it up to have a waterfall of colors in my curio, sometimes I do get hooked on one color scheme.

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

GardenNinja
        Participant

Other than the last sentence there, that is the way I am! I like certain sculpts, and I like certain colors, and I try to get all the sculpts I like in all the colors I like. My most complete dragon families are Emerald and Blue Morpho. I started collecting in 1990, when the colors were green, brown, and peacock. None appealed to me. I didn’t start collecting dragons until Emerald came out. I also have almost all the dragon sculpts I like in eBay color Monarch. I love to have matching sets. I have as many matched large flap cat-flip flap cat pairs as I’ve been able to get in the colors I like, pegasus families, and a few unicorn families. I also collect silver rainbow sparkle, black rainbow sparkle, and gold/silver colorshift pebbles.

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

GardenNinja
          Participant

Was that phoenix painted for you by grayfire artz? Its pattern looks a lot like the “Tongass” phoenix I bought from her on eBay, except in different colors.

Angelika_Zen
            Participant

I can tell you like matching sets from your Kickstarter box ! All the beautiful matching purple Poads!  🙂

And yes, she painted that Phoenix for me. It’s “Tongass #2”, good eye!

I guess I am also a bit of a sucker for finding matching sets…

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Angelika_Zen
              Participant

One more…

Ok…so yes, I like matching sets 😛  And I can’t forget the two grumpy lovebird Poads as my avatar.

GardenNinja
                Participant

Oh, now I’m going to have to take some pics, too. Dunno if I will have time today – I’ve already spent WAY too much time on the computer already.

Scathach
                  Participant

Gorgeous families, Angelika Zen!

Almost 7 years ago, when I joined the forum, I focussed on getting my families in my two favourite colours – Peacock and White.  I then discovered the awesomeness of Copper Patina and built that family, too.   I’m not a fan of all the sculpts, so the family groups are only the sculpts I really love.

Once those families were built, I grew into grab bag and eBay pieces.  I like to have pieces that match or at least compliment each other.

One of these days, I’ll have time to take and post pictures.

I love the way my collection has developed over the years and I look forward to more great things to come.

Life is beautiful.

Ela_Hara
                    Participant

I think my biggest complete family currently is my 8-family member Autumn Leaf Poad Clutter. My AL Clutter includes the Limited Production Autumn Leaf Adult Poad from the Store, a 2013 GB Winterberry-AL YPoad, a 2013 GB AL Adult Poad, and five GB AL YPoads from the last batch! Most I traded for or bought from other forum members – only three were bought directly from the WS Store by me. I do really like the Autumn Leaf color schemes. I also have one of the eight AL eBay Mother Dragons and the AL Curlie – I still need to find the Russet Autumn Leaf Curlie to complete the pair.

I also have several Wolf/Red Fox Pebble pairs in similar color schemes, and an AWD scheme Sitting Red Fox/Bat-eared Fox pair. Other similar colored families I have are a ‘Safari’ oriented Poad Clutter, a ‘Sugar Plum’ oriented Poad Clutter, a ‘Hoppy’ oriented Poad Clutter, and a Grey/Cuttle oriented Poad Clutter – each with an Adult, either a YPoad and/or Tadpoads, and my Safari has a Baby Poad but not a YPoad.

Of course, now I have a ‘Reptanglian’ Poad Clutter – once those are shipped with The Veligent/Sketchbook copies in July. 😀

I also don’t like all the sculpts and like some colors better on some pieces. I collect the ones that ‘sing’ to me.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                      Zeppard Adult Poads
                      Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                      *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

drag0nfeathers
                      Participant

I have mine all mixed up. I used to have the complete family or White, Emerald, and Peacock back in the day what that’s all there was. As more and more colors have been introduced over the years they have become more and more a mish mash of all complimenting colors since I don’t have the physical room to have every whole family in every color. I’m not missing much though…. LOL. I ended up getting rid of almost all my Ruby and Amethyst Dragons. I never ended up collecting Tanzanite and Prismatic Spring because they were too close to other colors, but that new Pastel Rainbow… I may need an entire family of that!

Got a busted Windstone?
                        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                        Siphlophis Male Dragon
                        Calypso Hatching Empress
                        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                        Tattoo Mother Kirin
                        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

pipsxlch
                        Participant

I don’t collect all the sculpts either, just the Western dragons. I do match, a self imposed rule to try to control my collection (and the disappointment of not being able to afford/display everything, I’m a completist by inclination).

I started collecting in 1986, when the only colors were (old) green and brown. I loved the green. I have one of all the dragons which were produced in that color. The pieces which were never made in it I have in emerald, as the closest match to it. The only exceptions are the spectrals (both peacock, seemed to suit them best of all the colors), the loaf, a cranberry ruby lap that was to sell but never did, and a prototype old warrior in the test paint of empea. The o.w. and ruby are the only pieces I have doubles of, 2 each. I don’t have a hearth, since she hasn’t appeared in a ‘matching’ color yet. I hope to one day get the emerald SK.

This isn’t to say I don’t sigh over other colors and eBay jobs that pop up! Tanzanite and terracotta drool…

merrillannwhite
                          Participant

So…I started with the male in original green, the mother in white, and the hatcher in brown.  Then I added the lap in peacock, the oriental in jade, the coiled in emerald and the baby in tanzanite.  The old warrior is my favorite sculpt, and I have it in summer leaf, peacock, emerald peacock, and gold.  I also got the Siamese flap-cat and the black griffin.  I did get the sun and baby oris both in emerald, but when I got them, only emerald and ruby were available, and I didn’t like the oris in ruby.  I got the basic 3 unicorn family in white, but got the young and gothic only in gb colors.  I have the original ki-rin family, but I also have a mother and a few babies in a variety of koi patterns.  So…no.  I don’t particularly want my families to match.  I think they are more interesting that way.

Nightcrow
                            Participant

A little of both!

I collect all of the Western dragon sculpts I like in White, and all of the Orientals in Peacock, but I also have a Lap Dragon conga so that I can have ‘samples’ of all the other color schemes I enjoy.  😀

My Kirin parents match but have an assortment of babies (plus a PYO).  My griffins are a mix, too, but kind of divide into coordinating pairs (a Blue Morpho male with a Black Sunset female, the “black with metallic” side of the color spectrum, plus a Wolf male and Silver Wolf baby, the “natural colors” side of the spectrum).

I’ve painted three colorpoint Kitty Griffin siblings (working on a fourth), but also have one (commissioned) Kitty Griffin who doesn’t match.  One day I’d love to commission some coordinating KGs to go with that one, but so far she’s a loner in the flock.

On the Pebble side of things, I have four Sitting Red Foxes in natural white/grey/black color schemes, so I think of them as “matching” even though they’re not identical.  I also have four color shift Cougars, but that one’s a little harder to pin down; you can think of them as matching or not matching, depending on how you want to look at it!  The Red/Gold one kinda stands out from the others (Green/Silver, Cyan/Purple, Green/Purple) due to the warmer color scheme, and even the Green/Silver is pretty different from the two purple ones…

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Kim
                              Blocked

I like to match pieces but I mostly just collect smaller pieces and grab bags so I don’t have big families of anything in one colour except maybe my white unicorns and pegasi.  I do like trying to get pairs of the same sculpt in different colours or matching colours of a couple pieces.  Originally I got a peacock fledgling dragon and then young dragon and later a hatching dragon and then baby dragon.  I also got the same 4 dragons in rainbow and amethyst and 3 in copper patina but I ended up selling my young and hatching copper patina and amethyst dragons.  The I ended up buying a few more colours of fledgling and baby dragons so I have a few pairs of those.  If someone has a copper patina baby dragon they would sell or trade please let me know as I need a match for my copper patina fledgling.  I also have one rainbow male dragon and that’s my only big dragon.  I also have a brown male griffin and a few pairs of griffin chicks.  In my pebbles I have pairs of some production and grab bag colours in tanukis, wolves, foxes, cats and cougars.  Here are my families:

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Bodine
                                Participant

I have a menagerie though I do have 11 Browns,4 Rubies,Griffin family in Siamese set,white Unicorn family set,black Unicorn family set,3 matched white baby Pegasus,4 Toasted Pearl Dragon family.Rest is a variety of colors and sculpts.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                                  (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                                  Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.