fbpx

Do you name your windstones?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Do you name your windstones?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    scenceable
    Participant

I know some people do, and I wanted to name mine, and I was wondering if everyone does and I’m just slow on the uptake. I thought this might be a fun thread- do you name them, and if so, what are their names?

I’m debating between fancy pretty names and cute/ hilarious type names. I think it would be funny to have company over and be like “hey meet my dragons, this one is Skull Crusher, this is Bitey, this is Tank, here’s Rampage, over here is Bone-Saw, this is Assassin…”

Although it might be even funnier to give the dragons all nice names and save the violent names for the unicorns.

So, what do you name your windstones? ๐Ÿ˜€

Hannah
      Participant

I didn’t do it before, but your idea is so great I think I have to!!

Meet Demonbrood The Foul:

Yeah but I will call him DTF or Shnoogums Woogums for short!

This one I just named Bartleby:

I have no reasoning for that.
        This is fun, I’ll have to think of more later ๐Ÿ˜€

Oh and you just reminded me of when I was in high school and my brother had a little frog that was carved out of a very smooth, heavy black stone. He called it “Sinister Frog” and would never refer to it as otherwise!
        “Don’t touch Sinister Frog!”
        “If you bother me again I’ll sick Sinister Frog on you.. I mean it!”

XD

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
        Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Wampus Dragon
        Participant

Well, Wampus Cat already had a name, so he kept that. My Ruby emp is Hephaestus. My Tiger OW is Svengali and my Bengal OW is Kimba.

Those are the only ones with names so far.

Lupuslunae
          Participant

What a cute topic idea. Some of my old ones had names because I had to save for months and months to be able to buy something that wasn’t a hatching dragon when I was young, so I adored each big dragon. I can’t really remember their names anymore, but I have named a few of my newer ones. My RF OW is Leander, my Ruby Sun dragon is Harry Potter, my little bird wing flap cat is Princess Purdy Paws, and my first PYO keeper dragon is Kanda Blue.

Oh, my sunbaked Ruby OW WAS officially dubbed f*ck up dragon, now his name is Freckle because I have begun repainting the damage and have left little gold scales on his face. So all the time in the sun gave him freckles…If he looks presentable anytime soon I will post a picture of him.

scenceable
            Participant

Ashley, your windstone’s names are so pretty! I like svengali, beautiful.

Hannah, snoogums woogums is the best name ever. You brother sounds hilarious. I used to work at the racetrack and the trainer was really uptight, my brother came to visit and renamed all the horses. He named the main horse “clip clop” and constantly referred to it as that all the time. “Can I give clip clop a carrot? Does clip clop go out tomorrow? Hi clip clop!” It drove her totally crazy. I think my brother was like, 15 at the time.

I’m a psyc major so I was thinking I’d give them some psyc names. I was thinking of calling my four young dragons “the four horsemen of the apocalypse”, you know, criticism, defensiveness, contempt, and stonewall. I could always name them after paraphilias xD

Azurielle
              Participant

Besides the ones that came with names, only a few of my more special pieces have names. My two Emperor’s both have name. The Rainbow is “Granfather Dragon”, and my Emerald is “King Applegreen”. My large siamese flapcat is “Suki” after my siamese cat. And I have “Simon” my pyo keeper done by Hannah, but other than that, the rest don’t have names.

Keeper of the Fledgings

Pegasi1978
                Participant

I have a few that are named. Stormy of course came with his name. Then there’s Aubrey my black male griffin, Raiden’s Requiem the black male unicorn, Reggie (pronounced Wedgie) the peacock fledgling), Archie the violet flame fledgling, Ember/Amber (I never could decide) Firedancer the sunrise lap dragon…I think there were others, but I can’t remember them right now.

WolfenMachine
                  Participant

Aside from the ones that came with names, I named my white lap dragon “Saki” because I bought her locally from a martial arts instructor. And my large Lynx Point Siamese is Emily because I think that name sounds sweet and pretty, just like the kitty ๐Ÿ™‚

That IS hilarious about your brother re-naming the horses. I’m sure Clip-Clop had a very regal “real” name ๐Ÿ˜€

Melody
                    Keymaster

I have three with names. Two of them are on my night stand next to my bed for some reason. The very first test-painted emerald mother dragon is “Maugrin” the first test painted peacock old warrior we did is named “Claude”, as in clawed. The first male dragon’s name is Dagrin, but I’ve lost track of him, he must be packed, somewhere.
                      My favorite white poad(tm) is named “Ciniger” -so make that four with names.

PurpleTurtle
                      Participant

The only ‘regular’ sculpt that I have named is my White Sitting Spectral. I call him Ghost. He sits on my bedroom nightstand. It suits him because in the dim light, he looks just like a ghost dtagon, and that eye will still have a tiny glow to it.
                        I also always name my PYOs that I paint. I’m compelled to give them one for some reason.
                        Oh yeah! I also have a pyo Keeper dragon named Sandy. I got her for my swap from Melody :).

Bodine
                        Participant

LOL…this is cute.Yes,I do name mine.I call them whatever comes to mind when I get them,especially when I paint them.Nothing whacky about naming inanimate objects is it? ๐Ÿ™‚
                          I have too many to put them all down but my first sculpt,Coiled Mother White,is called Andromeda,white Lap is Athena,OWALRL is Kalima,gold OW is Gondol,my Toasted Pearl Mother is “Toasty”,my two brown males are Remus and Romulus and many more. I will stop there though. ๐Ÿ˜€

Every act matters.No matter how small๐Ÿ’ž
                          (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                          Male Hearth....one day๐ŸคžDream on.

Nightcrow
                          Participant

I have a few that are named. Stormy of course came with his name. Then there’s Aubrey my black male griffin,

Aubrey! Did you, by chance, get him at a time when you were reading Mercedes Lackey novels? ๐Ÿ˜€ I was such a huge fan of those books, and while I loved Skan, I had a giant soft spot for Aubrey! I wouldn’t put it past you; after all, you’re already sufficiently awesome that you have a TLU signature image… ๐Ÿ˜€

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Nightcrow
                            Participant

Only a few of mine have names. The BVP Prototype OW is named “Valkyrior” because his colors look like the aurora borealis, and there’s an old myth that the lights were the reflections/gleaming of the armor of the Valkyries (his name is the plural). (It dovetails neatly with his “battle damage” as ewll as his color scheme!)

My White Emperor is Glaurung — the name of a dragon in Middle Earth who was also known as the “Father of Dragons”; since the emperor is the largest (male) of the Whites, it fit him.

My White Male is Vasuki – a naga god with a gem on his head, and my White Female is Adelinde (“noble serpent”). The rest of the Whites are nameless, so far. (I expect at least a few more will pick up names at some point.)

All three of my Peacock Orientals are named after “reign-names” of Japanese emperors. The Sun is “Taishou” (Great Righteousness), the Oriental is “Shouwa” (Enlightened Peace), and the Young is “Heisei” (Peace Growing).

The Mouse Wizard’s name is Mastermage Razemanthis. (Before his apprenticeship, his name was Thistlewhiskers.)

All the rest are nameless at this time, though the Gothic Unicorn seems to be pondering the idea of proper unicorn nomenclature…

Oh, and I say definitely save the names like Skullsmiter and Bonecrusher and Bloodfield for the unicorns! That would be awesomely hilarious. ๐Ÿ˜€

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Lokie
                              Participant

I’ve named a few of my Windstones; the gryphons below in my signature as well as a few other gryphons (I need to add their photos and names to my sig), and my rock dragons. And a few of my PYOs. I name them based on the first name that pops in my head when I look at them, or the name that I keep coming back to after I’ve tried out a few on them.

Stephanie
                                Participant

I named the very first Windstone that I got – he’s a very old green hatcher, that I named Zan. It just seemed to fit. ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.