fbpx

Divorce – Finally Finished!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Divorce – Finally Finished!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 94 total)
  • Author
    twindragonsmum
    Participant

We’re done! Rod made one more attempt to get alimony payments lowered but the judge said no. He has 20 days to appeal that but it doesn’t look like that will happen. My attorney made history for the State of Idaho with my case… Rod has to pay alimony until I turn 65 plus child support until me boyohs graduate high school. Plus the judge ordered an unequal distribution of the retirement funds giving me the larger portion so I’ll have something to retire on… So the packing now begins in earnest. Moving from Idaho to Utah. Sean is already enrolled in school in Utah but Ethan chose to stay with his dad in Idaho. We really miss him. I allowed him to make the choice so now I have to live with it. I am also no longer a Campbell – I was given my maiden name back so I am Beckie Marshall not Beckie Campbell. After 27 years that’ll take some getting used to… Thanks for all your love and support. I surely couldn’t have made it with out all of you!

tdm :bigsmile:

tdm

Tethra
      Participant

YAY TDM!!!! I knew it would work out right for you in the end. You have stayed really strong throughout the whole ordeal and I’m proud of you! You can put all of the stress and worry behind you and know that you are now a stronger person and can tackle anything.

Adaneth
        Participant

So glad that whole hideous mess is finally wrapped up! Good luck with the move, don’t look back, and I hope life has heaps of wonderful things/experiences waiting for you! 🙂

YEAH!!!! So happy it is all over for you TDM and you can get a new start on life. Bravo for staying strong through this all. Huggs 🙂

LadyFirebird
          Participant

Yaaaaaaay girl! So glad this is over for you. It was only right that you should get alimony until you reach 65 and get the larger portion of retirement to boot. You didn’t start this–he was the one who filed, as I remember. Kills me that there are some men when they want a woman out of their lives they want her to just leave without any compensation despite all the years they were married and the children they raised. So glad this turned out the way it did–the judge was probably sick and tired of seeing Rod in the courtroom.

I’m wishing you the best in relocating to your new home. At least you’ll be near your family. Of course, you have all of us here pulling for you. All that positive energy in your favor–you couldn’t lose!

Falcolf
            Participant

Awesome, so happy to hear this, congratulations Miss Marshall! 😀

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Zloy720
              Participant

CONGRATS!

dragonmedley
                Participant

Chin up high, the future looks bright! Will Ethan be visiting you and Sean?

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                  I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

phantomess
                  Participant

Good news, hope things are great for you from here on out!

Formerly had the Batman & Joker avatar!

Grayfire_artz
                    Participant

HUGS!!!

rock-reader
                      Participant

Congratulations on the results of your divorce – sounds like you were got a fair deal! I am very happy for you and wish you a bright and exciting future!

twindragonsmum
                        Participant

Chin up high, the future looks bright! Will Ethan be visiting you and Sean?

Yes! E has fall break this weekend so I brought him down to Utah, Rod will pick him up on Sunday. Next weekend is Sean’s fall break so we will head back up to Idaho so he can spend some time with his dad, but we have Ethan ’til Sunday evening!

tdm :bigsmile:

tdm

siberakh1
                          Participant

Congratulations on the divorce finally being over! I’m glad things worked out well enough that you’ll be able to get a bit of something toward retirement. I hope things are OK enough for Ethan for the rest of the school year and that Rod treats him OK while he is up there. At least if he does need to leave, he has the option to head to Utah if things get unpleasant and unbearable. Hopefully that doesn’t happen though and he’s able to get along well enough and concentrate on his studies and more enjoyable things his senior year.

darjeb
                            Participant

I am so happy for you and I am glad you got a good settlement you deserve it. Best of luck for the future I know the duche bag will still be a minor part of your life at least until they boys are on their own I just hope it is a very small part you don’t deserve to have to tolerate him at all.

Rachel
                              Participant

AWESOME! That is the best you can get out of a crummy situation like this. I’m glad the decision is pretty equitable. Good for you.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 94 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.