fbpx

Divorce – Finally Finished!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Divorce – Finally Finished!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 94 total)
  • Author
    twindragonsmum
    Participant

Met with my attorney today and he is working on getting an emergency meeting set up for me boyohs with the child advocate that they’ve worked with before and if Rod doesn’t agree to that then we’ll try for a meeting with the judge in chambers so that they have voice in this process. Boyohs said last night that they had their own car and what was stopping them from taking themselves to Utah, but were worried over any legal problems that might cause for me. Kris, my attorney, said there was nothing wrong with that idea and could really only cause trouble for Rod as he would then be dealing with two runaways that are almost of legal age, but he really didn’t think they should try that yet – get the meetings with the advocate and judge and see how those go. Then if there were things the boyohs didn’t like, take off for Utah the morning of their 18th birthday…

tdm

tdm

Skigod377
      Participant

I hope you work something out with the advocate. Now isnt the time to keep the boys from going to school where they want… When they’re so close to 18! I hope it works out:(

twindragonsmum
        Participant

Thanks so much for all your support my dear family! It means so much to me and me boyohs. Hopefully we’ll have a meeting with the boyohs advocate by Monday if Rod agrees to it. If not, we’ll file for an emergancy change in custody orders. That should allow me boyohs to be in Utah for the school year. I have a deposition to attend on Wednesday the 24th; Rod will also be in attendance and I am not looking forward to that. Trial re-starts Friday the 26th. In the meantime (today) Rod is taking me boyohs to Washington to help get a nephew home from college for the summer break. They are not happy at all. I did advise them to make sure theyhad their cell phone with them and if it looked like dad was going to leave them their with his family they were to call me immedietly and I would make sure they got home. My surgery has been postponed to August 14th as there is a newer version of the spinal cord stimulator on the market that targets the pain producing nerves more accuratly and I’ve also been notified that I have a summons for jury duty in the middle of all this… *sigh* Is there anything else we can add to my plate atthe moment? Thanks for listening. Many, many hugs to you all.

tdm

tdm

Rachel
          Participant

I would normally never suggest trying to get out of jury duty, but this is a case where you might consider doing so. At least you might try to push it back. Most states (if not all) have rules that allow you to push back or avoid jury duty where it would cause hardship. Considering all of the doctor visits and the divorce, it very may qualify as a hardship right now.

siberakh1
            Participant

I agree with ghostndragon. You might be eligible for a hardship. I’m not sure if your medical condition hampers you from sitting still for long periods of time. My mom is off the list for jury duty due to her medical issues.

twindragonsmum
              Participant

Last day of trial was yesterday. Now we wait for the judges decission… Haven’t yet found a way to get me boyohs to school in Utah. Their dad is absolutely dead set against it and wouldn’t give hispermission for them to talk to the child advocate. Don’t know how that’ll turn out. Night before court boyos and dad were ina huge argument. E was angry with me because of what Rod said and called to see what I had actualy said. Gotthat straightened out and E asked me to talk to Ros about it. I did, butduring that conversation S apparently took off. I got a frantic phone call from E at about 10:00p.m. from E asking if his brother had turned up at my house (this was the first I’d heard S was gone. Fortunately, S arrived home during that conversation… All that drama over a misinterpreted email from Rods attorney.

Pray that the judge takes awhile with her decission – I need my back surgery on the 14th of Aug covered by the insurance…

Oy.

tdm

tdm

diane
                Participant

“Hugs”

Heather
                  Participant

TDM, sorry to have been out of the loop for a while! Seems to me Rod is being a fool, knows he’s being a fool, and is too busy worrying about his ego to care. I suspect the reason behind his sudden–and very foolish–uncooperativeness has entirely to do with the fact that he senses he is “losing control” of the boys. They are nearly legal adults, and when they reach 18, they can do as they please. He’s panicking because they want to do something that makes him feel threatened; therefore, he is sure they’ve “turned against him” and is snatching wildly for whatever control he can get over them.

I have no sympathy for Rod. In the first place, he’s the one who has declared sides here, in a petty power play. In the second place, he has no right to play dictator over the boys. In the third place, they are old enough to rightfully resent being treated by him as if they were six years old. If Rod had a grain of sense he’d sit down and talk to them like the adults they are becoming. But he’s not at home to Mr. Reasonable right now. I say let him spin off into his own orbit; maybe if he gets a good scare it’ll teach him some sense. Man can be a fool if he wants to. But he has no right to drag anyone down with him . . . not the boys, and not you either.

Hang in there! Look out for your boys, but bring in as much help as you can. You have a lot going on right now, and the more eyes on the situation the better. But don’t spare any worry for Rod. He’s not worthy of your worry, not as he is now. He’s made some bad decisions and it’s up to him to get himself out of them, especially since he’s done his best to slap away any outstretched hand from you and the boys.

Skigod377
                    Participant

I hope that the judge comes back with a decision quick and that it works out for you and the boys.

twindragonsmum
                      Participant

So, I’ve been gathering transcripts, immunization records, etc. and will be in Utah next week if I don’t get stuck with jury duty and will see if the high school there will hold class space for me boyohs in case we make a “hardship” move for them. The judge on friday said that there is nothing she would do to bring the boys back to Idaho if they chose to attend school in Utah. We have a family counseling session – including Rod – on this upcoming friday. He is convinced that the boyohs arerunning away from their problems rather than facing them, despite what the judge said that some people need to be able to take a couple steps back from the problem to be able to make choices in a peaceful environment. I hope I haven’t opened the three of us to a nasty attack on Rod’s part, but since the appointment is with my counselor I’m hoping Joel will keep the boyohs and Rod and myself from melting down and we can have a constructive conversation (like grownups, with no temper tantrums). Keep your fingers crossed…

tdm

tdm

Skigod377
                        Participant

I hope the session/conversation goes well! Good luck!

dragonmedley
                          Participant

Good luck, hugs and good vibes your way!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                            http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                            I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                            http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

etruscan
                            Participant

Good luck! I hope things work out well on Friday.

twindragonsmum
                              Participant

Thankies all! It’s nice to have such a wonderful family here. I must admit though, that I’m scared to death for friday… The only good thimg about all this mess is that my weight has gone down since I can’t eat much. I’m down from a size 22 to a size 16 :p

tdm

tdm

rock-reader
                                Participant

Thankies all! It’s nice to have such a wonderful family here. I must admit though, that I’m scared to death for friday… The only good thimg about all this mess is that my weight has gone down since I can’t eat much. I’m down from a size 22 to a size 16 :p

tdm

That is so not the way to lose weight! Best of luck to you and your boys on Friday.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 94 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.