fbpx

determining production & limited production colors

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody determining production & limited production colors

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Heather
    Participant

Not light purple eyes like on the lavender pearl, these were a darker purple

Rylorien
      Participant

Well, that helps clear up some of my questions.

It would be pretty neat to see a LP run of what I’d call “washed out” versions of the jewel tone palettes. Moss, for example, being a washed out emerald; water sprite a washed out peacock/blue; and fire berry a washed red. Sand…would be a washed out brown, I guess?

And I do agree that the violet flame scheme is a bit BRIGHT, but that’s my personal opinion plus as an artist I think it’s a beautiful color palette. I don’t think I’d ever buy any of the violet flame pieces thought, as it’s just not my style.

Anyway…this wasn’t meant to be a squeak post, so I’ll shush on that. Thanks Melody for taking time to answer my questions!

rachelled
        Participant

. Starting from the last paragraph, I’m really hoping that Fire Berry doesn’t look anything even similar to Violet Flame. I understand that if Fire Berry does, in fact, become a Production or Limited Production color scheme, that it will be altered somewhat to keep the Test Paint “special”. I’m just hoping that it’s not altered in such a way that it’s too bright

An Earthy green color scheme would be awesome.. especially if Fire Berry was released as a Production/LP color. Moss and Fire Berry really compliment each other well 🙂
          I’d love to see a more “true” green color available since Emerald was retired.

Seconded; I was personally REALLY excited about Fire Berry specifically BECAUSE it was different from Violet Flame (which is pretty but not my thing – just don’t like the purple/gold combo myself)

I also think Moss would be a lovely compliment.

Basically since the official Red and Green colours are more or less all out of production, I think Fire Berry and Moss would be perfect counterparts.

Kim
          Blocked

I have some violet flame dragons myself but I have to admit I do not like the red eyes on them! I like fire berry better because they have different coloured eyes! If violet flame had dark blue eyes to match the antiquing or gold or coral coloured eyes, I would like it more!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

fatalbeauty
            Participant

I have some violet flame dragons myself but I have to admit I do not like the red eyes on them! I like fire berry better because they have different coloured eyes! If violet flame had dark blue eyes to match the antiquing or gold or coral coloured eyes, I would like it more!

opposite on the eyes for me, I love the red eyes in the violet flames, it matches in well with the little mask they have on their faces and it’s different than the others who normally have light blue eyes….

4 things I'm looking for:
              1. Mother Meerkat
              2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
              3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
              4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Andrea
              Participant

Melody, is the Oil Spot coloration too hard for a production color?
                I love it so much!

Todd
                Participant

Yes I would have to agree that the Fire Berry would be nice color to have BUT I would also like to see the Moss Green as a production or limited production color.

Lupuslunae
                  Participant

How we decide what colors to make as production or limited production: It is kinda random…
                    If you have noticed, we constantly do lots of wild “test paints” that we sell on ebay. If one of them is a reasonably easy color to paint, seems popular, and is a color we need, it might get made as production or limited production color next. For example, we retired the “Red Fire” color, so “Fire Berry” could be next in line to replace it. And although the “Black Rainbow” is one of my favorites, we already have a couple basic black dragon colors, so I don’t want to make that one a limited production color yet.

AHHHH My heart!! The excitement! HELLS YEAH to fire berry as a production or limited production or whatever production as long as I can buy an awesome red emperor dragon! WOOT! :party:

etruscan
                    Participant

Yes I would have to agree that the Fire Berry would be nice color to have BUT I would also like to see the Moss Green as a production or limited production color.

Yes (in my opinion) it would be Moss Green first, Fire Berry second, Earthen Fey third, Water Sprite fourth, and then Oil Spot.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.