fbpx

Death of a FORD TAURUS…55mph collision PIC HEAVY

Home Forums Miscellany Community Death of a FORD TAURUS…55mph collision PIC HEAVY

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author

My brother has a 1996 Taurus that he got from my grandparents (my family seems to just give cars to him, I never even get asked if I need a car, he already has a working one and they still ask him first.).

Oops rant, back on track ๐Ÿ˜€

That thing still works, though the AC is shot and we were just driving in a downpour, and I kept telling him to slow down – he was going 70 in a 100 zone by the end – and the wipers weren’t cutting it. The fastest speed for them is so slooooow.

Has anyone had that problem with their taurus, or is it a 1996 model problem? Cuz that’s one scary screwup on their part! ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

Rusti
    Participant

Phoenix wrote:

I’m not saying she’s not at fault. I’m just saying that if you are hit by an uninsured motorist and you have insurance, the insurance takes care of the portion the other car is insured for which is normally Blue Book or repair costs whichever is cheaper.
      We just went through this not six months ago. Of course we’re in California and the laws tend to favor the rule-breakers. The guy didn’t even get a suspended license and it was a hit and run!
      We had to use our insurance to pay for the damage. Whether you agree with it or not, it’s the way it is and is why the finance companies require the uninsured motorist insurance.
      Now if the car is totaled and they have no Gap Insurance WSC will be out of pocket to make up for the gap.
      Anyhow, good luck!

Illinois has a mandatory insurance law. You must have at the very least liability on your car at

* $20,000 – injury or death of one person in an accident
      * $40,000 – injury or death of more than one person in an accident
      * $15,000 – damage to property of another person

WSC faces not only the ticket for the accident, paying for the other person’s car but also a $500 (minimum!) fine and a possible loss of license.

I can’t find much sympathy for not having insurance, since it’s the law here, but I do feel really badly for you, WSC, for totaling your baby! I know that I’d cry for a while if something happened to my little red truck I’ve had for nearly ten years!

I hope things work out well for you and that you get things reasonably situated before too long.

Well, I am on my 3rd day of packing and washing Windstones. Once those are done, it will be a breeze…I just can’t pack them away dusty if they are gonna have to spend a year or so in their boxes…Not all just most of them. I’m keeping my old greens out and my BEP’s, pinks, silvers and my castles. Everything else, is going to hybernate for a while.
      The cost of the car, is pretty high…The Chrystler that is, so I am hoping I did less than 50% of the worth in damage. I do believe it’s 50% in order for them to total it. That would keep my cost down for that car. I jsut wish I could have driven it, if I have to pay for it! ๐Ÿ˜†
      I don’t feel sorry for myself either, I did it, it’s my fault, I was the one without insurance to cover my butt. O’well, can’t go back and change it now. I will live, it’s the moving I am not looking forward to. ๐Ÿ˜›

Starbreeze
      Participant

Hang in there WSC. Things will get better.

Jodi
        Participant

I agree with Star. Hang in there, WSC! I’m sorry you have to pack away your Windstones and that you have to move. I hope it all works out for you.

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.