fbpx

Death of a FORD TAURUS…55mph collision PIC HEAVY

Home Forums Miscellany Community Death of a FORD TAURUS…55mph collision PIC HEAVY

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Heather
    Participant

Ah jeez, WSC. ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ™ I am so sorry to hear about what happened! Thank goodness all of your major bits are still attached, I guess, and I will hope very much that things improve for you soon. What you described about looking up in time to see the taillights made me flinch: I nearly put our old Ford Explorer onto the trunk of a sedan last year when I lost focus on the road for just a few seconds. (Thank heavens for really good brakes on that beast.) It’s a horrible feeling, seeing something like that coming at you. I’m glad you’re overall OK, and I agree: good old Ford! They build a good car.

Skigod377
      Participant

I am so glad to hear that you are ok!! Im sorry about your car. About the 300, too. I owned one of them up untill about an hour ago so I have a soft spot for them. I hope something gets worked out.

Maria
        Participant

Oh, WSC, I’m so, so sorry about this! I’m glad you’re fairly okay, but I understand how much it hurts to wreck a good machine. I did it to my motorcycle – thak goodness the damage I caused was repairable. I’m s sorry about the Taurus.
          Good luck with everything.

Jodi
          Participant

I’m glad you’re okay, too! Even though you will probably be sore for a while. We’ll work something out with the layaway. Don’t worry.

Travistie
            Participant

Aww, I’m so sorry about what happened! ๐Ÿ™ I’m sure it is tough losing your favorite car like that. But, I’m very glad to hear that you’re okay. I hope the insurance part will work out some how in the end for you.

I am also a Ford girl. That’s all me and my family drive.

Adaneth
              Participant

I’ll never forget when I totalled my ‘baby’ so I feel your pain. ๐Ÿ™ Very glad you were able to walk away from it, I hope you heal up quickly.

((Can’t see the photos as my work filter hates myspace, but my parents had a Taurus and I can imagine… ๐Ÿ™ ))

Andrea
                Participant

Wouldn’t the 300 have insurance? If so, it sucks for them, but they need to use it. That’s what it’s for.
                  I never did understand why insurance companies were allowed to raise your rates for an accident that wasn’t your fault.
                  But I have seen people who, though they follow the rules, just drive “different” and would be more prone to getting into accidents because they drive different than 99% of the people driving.
                  It’s hard to explain.
                  Good luck on everything!

Skigod377
                  Participant

Phoenix wrote:

Wouldn’t the 300 have insurance? If so, it sucks for them, but they need to use it. That’s what it’s for.
                    I never did understand why insurance companies were allowed to raise your rates for an accident that wasn’t your fault.
                    But I have seen people who, though they follow the rules, just drive “different” and would be more prone to getting into accidents because they drive different than 99% of the people driving.
                    It’s hard to explain.
                    Good luck on everything!

Im sure the 300 had insurance, but its def not the insurance companines responsibility to pay for accidents that were not their clients fault. True, they have uninsured motorist insurance for situations like this, but why should they have to pay for someone elses mistake? For you to say “It sucks for them” when it was not their fault is kinda irresponsible. I certaily dont like to walk around the world paying for others mistakes.

Phoenix wrote:

It’s hard to explain.
                    Good luck on everything!

Or use your credit report to determine the rate. ๐Ÿ‘ฟ

Very sorry to hear about your baby. I think we can all understand how attached we become to a faithful car. I’ve had 3, Ford Pharmont, Toyota Tercel and my current, Honda Accord. All were 4 banger, manual stick shifters and I swear, that stick has saved my derrier MANY times from collisions. Whether it was a deer or similar, an elderly person or just a plain ole idiot behind the wheel. We’ll see how the reflexes hold out as I age. ๐Ÿ˜†

As for the insurance question, this state required uninsured motorist, so yes, it would automatically go to the person who did have the insurance. However, that is for this state and they’ve changed a few things recently, including adding in a mandatory hurricane coverage on a vehicle. WTheck? If a limb fell on my car in a high wind, I darn sure would not be calling my auto insurance company, which would essentially be giving them carte blanch to raise my rates.

Since they would total it immediately if it was damaged even slightly, I choose not to carry collision on my own vehicle. They’d pay me a pitance for a car I consider irreplaceable. I don’t like anything newer than a 92, to many computerized things in it to go wrong. Plus they crinkle like tin foil.

Hopefully you’ll find something that you can afford to replace the irreplaceable! And very glad to hear no one was seriously injured; pride never is included in that. ๐Ÿ˜Ž It’ll work out, we’re all sending you lots of good vibes to assist you in this. Chin-up!

~Hoofer

Andrea
                    Participant

skigod377 wrote:

Phoenix wrote:

It’s hard to explain.
                      Good luck on everything!

Im sure the 300 had insurance, but its def not the insurance companines responsibility to pay for accidents that were not their clients fault. True, they have uninsured motorist insurance for situations like this, but why should they have to pay for someone elses mistake? For you to say “It sucks for them” when it was not their fault is kinda irresponsible. I certaily dont like to walk around the world paying for others mistakes.

I understand it’s not their fault, but that is what the insurance is for.
                      Our car was hit by a hit and run driver who we later found didn’t have insurance. It sucked for us, but thank God we had insurance.

Phoenix wrote:

It’s hard to explain.
                      Good luck on everything!

Keep in mind that it was a rear-ending, and rear-endings are ALWAYS determined to be the fault of the person who did the rear ending. Should have been paying attention and such. Unless you can prove malicious intent. Like braking intentionally so that the person hits you. So unfortunately, WSC has to pay off the damage to her and the other vehicle. Insurance or no.

Andrea
                      Participant

I’m not saying she’s not at fault. I’m just saying that if you are hit by an uninsured motorist and you have insurance, the insurance takes care of the portion the other car is insured for which is normally Blue Book or repair costs whichever is cheaper.
                        We just went through this not six months ago. Of course we’re in California and the laws tend to favor the rule-breakers. The guy didn’t even get a suspended license and it was a hit and run!
                        We had to use our insurance to pay for the damage. Whether you agree with it or not, it’s the way it is and is why the finance companies require the uninsured motorist insurance.
                        Now if the car is totaled and they have no Gap Insurance WSC will be out of pocket to make up for the gap.
                        Anyhow, good luck!

Jasmine
                        Participant

Aw, sorry about your car WSC. ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

We’re actually just getting ours back today. It’s a Ford too, an Escape.

purpledragonclaw
                          Participant

Sorry to hear of your loss, WindstoneCollector. As everyone has already said, it’s easy to get attached to a vehicle. They protect you with their bodies every time you take them one the road! I name my cars! Try to rest and recuperate for now; let your mind relax. In terms of good Fords nowadays to replace your Taurus with, I’ve heard people swear by the Five Hundred and the Fusion. I’ve heard mixed reviews of the Focus. I hope you get this all sorted out. And I’m glad neither you nor the people you hit were seriously injured. If I may make a suggestion, have you considered writing to Ford to thank them for making such a quality car? I know they’d appreciate feedback from their consumers. I hope everything works out okay!

Setsunawolf
                            Participant

Unless they didn’t report it. There might be criminal charges for driving without insurance. Sometimes it’s easier to just pay for the damages and not tell the insurance company. But I’m going to assume if their vehicle was totaled they’d want a police report.

The credit thing is stupid for insurance. There is a reason but I disagree with it…although I have excellent credit and it doesn’t seem to be helping much. ๐Ÿ˜•

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                              Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                              Sun Dragon Koi #3

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.