fbpx

CYO Kickstarter bantam show off thread

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone CYO Kickstarter bantam show off thread

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 284 total)
  • Author
    Rylorien
    Participant

More pics cuz pics.

bantams-4

bantams-5

Celestial Rainstorm
      Participant

Oh Skylover, what an absolute gem your silver darling is.

Finding happiness again.

Celestial Rainstorm
        Participant

Of course all these little guys truly showcase Melody’s talent

Finding happiness again.

Angelika_Zen
          Participant

Ryl, I just love your tropical mystery rainbow tiger! I wish i had one of your grails to trade for it!!!

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

VS
            Participant

Ooooh, such eye-candy! My only possible trade bantam is 37D tho, lol!

All these trade offers make me wish I had trade material. I’m absolutely in love with the bantam sculpt (cute and compact and jewel/metal tones when you see them in person–my favorite combo!) and would willingly give up my production pieces for them (except my OW named for a deceased friend’s character and the repaired oriental that I don’t have the heart to give anyone because of the fading and paint and bent horn issues). So if anyone down the line (I’m sure not now, tho!) wants to rehome theirs and is willing to consider for $, just keep me in mind should that time come, please. I apologize for posting this now but just wanted to put it out there.

Ah, I love this thread. You all have such beauties! Maybe we can set up a gallery for all these guys? Kinda like the ebay ones have a gallery? It’d be a good way to record them for reference down the line as well, especially with so many originals, plus clones, plus rainbows.

Zelda
              Participant

Late to the party in showing off my Bantams! I have #32G and #115E, reminding me respectively of a sunset and a lava flow. Melody went above and beyond with making so many clones of these – to order nonetheless! But how reassuring it was to know we’d pretty much have our choice of these feisty little guys.
                IMG_6285-480x640-1

IMG_6274-480x640-1

IMG_6282-480x640-1

IMG_6281-480x640-1
                I adore this sculpt and am sorry to have missed out on the mystery rainbow tiger option. If anyone wants to sell or trade, I’d love a super neon-y one 😀
                Also, are there any copies of the original batch and/or clone photos out there? I mean the ones that didn’t get edited as people claimed their dragons. Another dragon that caught my eye was purple and green (or was it green and purple…?) with a green wash that really stood out. I can’t remember its number now, but it did have one clone that went unclaimed for quite a while.

Forever seeking: Blackwatch the raffle Old Warrior, Jennifer Miller's pieces, and GB Baby unis!

etruscan
                Participant

One of the unclaimed Bantams (a mystery Rainbow Tiger) is listed tonight on ebay. Melody said that she had decided not to offer the unclaimed dragons as a grab bag:

[from Kickstarter update #22] – The remainder of the bantam dragons that weren’t claimed will be offered one at a time, on Ebay. I was going to mix them into a grabbag edition, but since there are now many duplicates of ones that backers already have, that idea won’t work!

VS
                  Participant

I’m afraid I took the last purple/green 37B, if that’s the one you’re thinking of.

There was some confusion over my extra bantam choices so I requested an exchange for 37 (who was just B at the time among the pics, lol). I keep forgetting which clone it was so forgive if I refer to it as D or some other letter (I checked the box this time).

VS
                    Participant

Love the lava dragon tho. ❤

Zelda
                      Participant

Hey VS, nope your dragon isn’t the one I was thinking of, but thanks for the picture. The one I remember was mostly purple but had a very visible bright green wash.
                        Any photos of the original batch out there?

Forever seeking: Blackwatch the raffle Old Warrior, Jennifer Miller's pieces, and GB Baby unis!

Skylover
                        Participant

Zelda, there is a thread with pictures of the originals here: https://windstoneeditions.com/forums/topic/bantam-dragon-reference-pics/

Angelika_Zen
                          Participant

Great Bantams, Zelda! The first one is very pretty. I like how the lava dragon looks like it glows!

It’s very easy to overlook some of these, when overwhelmed by having to pick just one or two. There were alot that showed up in this thread, that I regret not getting. To what end though, right?! My wallet was the only one who could answer that lol!

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

VS
                            Participant

There’s a good number of purple and green combos that were made, this was just the last one I saw available. Oh well! If you see it’s pic, let us know which one!

I agree, Angelika, there were so many beautiful dragons it was hard to choose! I’d have loved to stretch my wallet further too and grabbed more at the time but there’s only so far a paycheck can go and this year the taxes were brutal. I might need to look at moving to somewhere better soon, this village is not high end yet I’m paying house prices for better rep towns for a condo in this one. I’d still love to snap up a few more bantams (if anyone is willing to sell theirs) but I also want to give a chance to those who haven’t had the opportunity to get even one yet so I’m trying to hang back when I see any in the classifieds.

Zelda
                              Participant

Thanks Skylover and VS for your help! How did I miss that thread with the pictures? The dragon I was thinking of is 165 (with m 166 right next to it maybe being why I got confused about the amount of purple vs. green on it, haha). Did anyone here end up with it or its clone?

Angelika, I agree as well about liking so many – a good problem to have haha. And my ‘lava’ dragon does have a glow to it thanks to that deep purple-blue color. And the crystal ball, I love how it catches the light in photos and lights up the belly of these dragons.

Thanks again for the help, and to everyone for posting pictures of these lovelies!

siberakh1
                                Participant

Thanks Skylover and VS for your help! How did I miss that thread with the pictures? The dragon I was thinking of is 165 (with m 166 right next to it maybe being why I got confused about the amount of purple vs. green on it, haha). Did anyone here end up with it or its clone?

Angelika, I agree as well about liking so many – a good problem to have haha. And my ‘lava’ dragon does have a glow to it thanks to that deep purple-blue color. And the crystal ball, I love how it catches the light in photos and lights up the belly of these dragons.

Thanks again for the help, and to everyone for posting pictures of these lovelies!

I have the original of 165 (the clones look brighter than the original I think). It was a pain to photograph accurately. The purple has a hint of blue (blue purple interference?) and the green is softer in spots than I could photograph. It really does remind me of wisteria, or perhaps a hyacinth, in person. Photos are on page 14 of this thread. 🙂

And close-ups of 165 original. It really is softer in person and less saturated (the green especially is a bit softer). I think the clones ended up brighter than the original. It really does remind me of wisteria.

*squee!* :3

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 284 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.