fbpx

Custom Painted Mama Dragon

Home Forums Miscellany Community Custom Painted Mama Dragon

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

I haven’t been around forever, and almost feel like a weenie posting this, but I have been working on this gal, and wanted some thoughts? I need to touch up the gold some more, and claws, and obviously uncover the eyes and add the crystals. I am not sure if she’s missing something? I dono. She’ll be heading to eBay when she’s done(less someone wants to trade some curls, I had to sell most of mine a while ago πŸ˜₯ ).

Anyway, thanks in advance!

Jasmine
    Participant

Hey guys, I know repaints are a really touchy subject, but this is just a reminder that they do not belong in the “PYO” forum, as we definitely do NOT want these to be confused with Paint-Your-Owns. Repaints are really discouraged, so I don’t know that there is a ‘proper’ place to put them if you feel you need to share, but if there are more repaint topics in this section then they may be moved to the ‘community’ forum.

Um, I hate to rain on your parade but Windstone really frowns on repaints. Especially if you’re going to sell it. There are several threads where this is addressed. The above quote is from Nam in one of the stickies at the beginning of this section. You might also want to read this thread:

http://www.windstoneeditions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5147&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=repaint

Purplecat
      Participant

Yep. you’ll get your butt chewed…trust me, my tushie is still sore! πŸ˜†

Mmloda
        Participant

She looks great….but ya I know that you’ll probably get an ear full regaring the post, I believe that we are NOT to post any repaints on here or anywhere on the web. I asked about this a while back becasue I have some pieces myself which I am keeping in my collection that I had to repaint.

Marzena

BDW
          Participant

Did you repaint her because she was to badly damaged and needed to be repainted totaly? Or was it just to have one in a different color?
            Just curious…

Jasmine wrote:

Hey guys, I know repaints are a really touchy subject, but this is just a reminder that they do not belong in the “PYO” forum, as we definitely do NOT want these to be confused with Paint-Your-Owns. Repaints are really discouraged, so I don’t know that there is a ‘proper’ place to put them if you feel you need to share, but if there are more repaint topics in this section then they may be moved to the ‘community’ forum.

Um, I hate to rain on your parade but Windstone really frowns on repaints. Especially if you’re going to sell it. There are several threads where this is addressed. The above quote is from Nam in one of the stickies at the beginning of this section. You might also want to read this thread:

http://www.windstoneeditions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5147&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=repaint

I’ve talked to folks about her. She was beyond repair, due to massive chunks missing. She will be permiantly signed, and I don’t try to fraud people, I sell very honestly.

mmloda wrote:

She looks great….but ya I know that you’ll probably get an ear full regaring the post, I believe that we are NOT to post any repaints on here or anywhere on the web. I asked about this a while back becasue I have some pieces myself which I am keeping in my collection that I had to repaint.

I haven’t signed in here for a while. It’s no big deal, if the thread isn’t allowed, they’ll deleat it. I’m not looking to get hollered at. I figured repairing and fixing her was better than tossing her in the garbage.

Jennifer
            Keymaster

I just needed to move it out of the PYO section, I’m not here to yell at anyone. πŸ™‚

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
              My art: featherdust.com

Maria
              Participant

What colors did you use on her, bluepony?

Skigod377
                Participant

Welcome back! Gah! I cant see her, but I will check her out when I get home. πŸ˜‰

Yeah, repaints are frowned on, but so far there is nothing saying you cant post them here. Do you have “before” pics posted? I like to see before and after. It may also keep people from being upset if you can show how bad she looked before and you were only trying to fix her up. πŸ™‚

Greater Basilisk wrote:

What colors did you use on her, bluepony?

Truthfully, I don’t even remember how I painted her. I did her up probably 3 months ago, covered her in plastic, and haven’t touched her since. I’d guess blues, reds, browns, and tinting blacks. Then the gold is from JoAnne’s I think.

Nambroth wrote:

I just needed to move it out of the PYO section, I’m not here to yell at anyone. πŸ™‚

I reposted it when I didn’t see this one, so you can deleate the other postif you like. I”m not sure how.

skigod377 wrote:

Welcome back! Gah! I cant see her, but I will check her out when I get home. πŸ˜‰

Yeah, repaints are frowned on, but so far there is nothing saying you cant post them here. Do you have “before” pics posted? I like to see before and after. It may also keep people from being upset if you can show how bad she looked before and you were only trying to fix her up. πŸ™‚

haha. I remember now why I don’t come around much, soon as I got here I saw a post about pink curls. Just cruel, I hath no money πŸ™

No, i don’t have any before pix, wish i did. She got a lot of work one. She was broke in half, and missing some around her eyes, claws, a few scales, tons of chips. The felt pad was all that was holding her together 😯 People who can’t pack….

lamortefille
                  Participant

WB bluepony! Nice job on your dragon… πŸ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.