Congratulations drag0nfeathers!

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Congratulations drag0nfeathers!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Kelsey
    Participant

I think it’s really awesome that the pieces you painted are being sold as real authorized Windstone test paint pieces! That’s very cool! Congratulations!

drag0nfeathers
      Participant

Not too many so they will be pretty rare 😉 I’m honestly not sure how many things I painted made the quality cut so I’m not sure how many will be offered.

The Male Kirin I painted just hit ebay! He has a whole matching family as well. I’m so happy!

Got a busted Windstone?
        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
        Siphlophis Male Dragon
        Calypso Hatching Empress
        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
        Tattoo Mother Kirin
        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

tempest618
        Participant

Congratulations! I love that Male Kirin!!! I am going to have to try for him.

phantomess
          Participant

That is really cool! Let me offer my congrats, too! 😀
            And congrats to whoever gets their hands on them! Lol

Formerly had the Batman & Joker avatar!

The Kirins look really pretty too! Do you by chance know how many you did while you were there?

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
            www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
            Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Not generally a huge Kirin fan but my God I love love the diablo colouring on these. Your blending was flawless and this colouring is soooo stunning!!!! BRAV…FREAKING..O 🙂

drag0nfeathers
            Participant

Funny thing… I had NEVER airbrushed before. At first… I hated it. I was really apprehensive and just couldn’t get it to work for me. Every time I had to get in areas where two colors would touch I would make a mistake or not be able to maneuver the right way to get the paint where I wanted. (especially on the little pieces) I kept getting over spray on areas I was all happy with and was like Noooooooooooooooo!!!! LOL!

I tried doing my regular blending technique on a baby oriental with a paint brush and it was an utter train wreck. He looked like a wee little poop pile! I had also never worked with Golden Brand or otherwise any archival paints before. Once I embraced the airbrush…. blending is SO MUCH EASIER!!! Oh my God! It would have taken me weeks to paint those griffins because of the feather markings, but I was able to breeze right through it. The Kirins took me basically only a day to do the whole family once I got the airbrush down. I was really JUST started to get the hang of it when I had to leave. I really wish I had that kind of equipment at home. I would go and paint there every day for free! It was so awesome!

While I was there I painted a lot of things, but really only half of what I painted was probably worthy of selling… if that. My first item was a little curl dragon which was homed with another visitor to the factory during my visit. Then I practiced on a few little defective pieces before I tried anything major. Those were basically all throw away castings unfortunately and most were never finished because of that. As far as the good stuff, I painted a set of Spectrals I was really happy with along with the Kirin family. I would think that’s about all that would make it to ebay or the store besides the griffins honestly. There was a really cool Male/Mother/Fledgling Dragon combo I did in a Raspberry Lime scheme, but the red was very similar to Ruby so we were afraid it may be unstable in the same manner and I also got a few little paint splatters on some smooth scales because I was still getting use to mixing my own colors and I think I had my paint mixed a little too thick, so I think they are probably going to just hang around the factory or maybe someday be raffle prizes or something if they didn’t get tossed. I honestly have no clue, so don’t quote me on anything. I was just happy be painting Windstones! LOL!

I spent a day putting eyes in the little Grab Bag Tad Poads too so I got to do a lot of other fun stuff. As fun as it was helping out at the factory, I think one of the other best parts was John teaching me how to use a bow an arrow during a painting break. It was awesome!!!

Got a busted Windstone?
              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
              Siphlophis Male Dragon
              Calypso Hatching Empress
              Tattoo Mother Kirin

Kiya
              Participant

Notice, the Ren Faire Siberakh and I dragged drag0n to was NOT one of the best parts – Hah! 🙂 (Sorry, Mandy!)

drag0nfeathers
                Participant

LOL! It wasn’t that bad! XD I got to pet a sheep and buy dead bird parts without someone looking at me like I was crazy!

Oh my gosh! Remember the line for Root Beer? hahaha! I wish I was there right now roasting my butt off instead of watching MORE snow fall!

Got a busted Windstone?
                  *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                  Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                  Siphlophis Male Dragon
                  Calypso Hatching Empress
                  Tattoo Mother Kirin

dragonmedley
                  Participant

As fun as it was helping out at the factory, I think one of the other best parts was John teaching me how to use a bow an arrow during a painting break. It was awesome!!!

I’m not even going to ask how far the target was placed or if there was a person with an apple on his/her head involved…

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                    I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

drag0nfeathers
                    Participant

Woot Woot!!! Here’s the Momma <3

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WINDSTONE-EDITIONS-DIABLO-1-MOTHER-KIRIN-FIGURINE-KI-RIN-STATUE-/301108454628?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item461b7664e4

Oh and no! LOL! No apples on heads, however I did pretty well for a first timer ^_^

Got a busted Windstone?
                      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                      Siphlophis Male Dragon
                      Calypso Hatching Empress
                      Tattoo Mother Kirin

Kiya
                      Participant

LOL! It wasn’t that bad! XD I got to pet a sheep and buy dead bird parts without someone looking at me like I was crazy!

Oh my gosh! Remember the line for Root Beer? hahaha! I wish I was there right now roasting my butt off instead of watching MORE snow fall!

OMG, that Root Beer line was TERRIBLE. I wouldn’t have minded nearly as much if I hadn’t forgotten my sunscreen at John and Melody’s house! Haha.

I forgot the dead bird parts!!!

pipsxlch
                        Participant

Congratulations! They are gorgeous- but then your work is. You make a great addition to the Windstone artists stable!

Pam

OMG, that Root Beer line was TERRIBLE. I wouldn’t have minded nearly as much if I hadn’t forgotten my sunscreen at John and Melody’s house! Haha.

I forgot the dead bird parts!!!

I didnt mind the rootbeer line. But I was just sitting in the shade eating icecream, watching it.

Ann
                            Participant

Wow, your pieces are wonderful Drag0n! I would love to have that male griffin, he needs to be at my house as I have the perfect spot for him. If only I had the money for him …

Ann

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.