colored prints

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody colored prints

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Bodine
    Participant

Ms.Melody.I have this print and was wondering if you added the color and made prints or if someone else did.Thanks 🙂
      Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Melody
      Keymaster

Ms.Melody.I have this print and was wondering if you added the color and made prints or if someone else did.Thanks 🙂

We printed them like that. We did several of the designs in both black and white and color.

Bodine
        Participant

Have you done these in color?I have seen a couple of the other prints but not this one and what colors were they?Thanks much. 🙂

etruscan
          Participant

This doesn’t really answer Bodine’s question, so file it under “Interesting Information”:
            [Melody’s post in a thread from 2008]: “Somewhere I have a catalog with them all pictured in it… I’m trying to remember how many there were…ok I just made a list here; I count thirty two designs. Some of these were available hand colored, and some where sold printed both in color and black and white.
            14 of these were large 17/21″ and the rest were 11/17”.

The Windstone print universe is a LOT bigger than I ever realized!

pipsxlch
            Participant

Bodine, I’m not 100% sure, but I do think I’ve seen that unicorn one in colors.

Lesley
              Participant

Oooo I want prints… *snuggles screen*

Bodine
                Participant

Oooo I want prints… *snuggles screen*

I know right?! :bigsmile: *SQUEEKING!!* 😉
                  Thanks for the info Etruscan.

Melody
                  Keymaster

Have you done these in color?I have seen a couple of the other prints but not this one and what colors were they?Thanks much. 🙂

I THINK we printed those in color. I remember seeing them in golden/tan colors, though I don’t remember if they were hand colored, or printed that way. We probably did both.
                    I need to find an old print catalog.

Skylover
                    Participant

I THINK we printed those in color. I remember seeing them in golden/tan colors, though I don’t remember if they were hand colored, or printed that way. We probably did both.
                      I need to find an old print catalog.

I have the color version of this print. I think it is printed and not hand colored. I could be wrong though. I’m not sure how to tell. The mother is brown with rainbow mane and tail and the babies are white with rainbow manes and tails.

Bodine
                      Participant

Thank you Sky.I was wondering because I noticed the Mother is dappled.
                        Appreciate all the info. 😉

Pam

I made a gallery of prints. The quality is quite awful though, sorry. These were scanned from an old catalog. Some I had never seen before.

http://windstoneeditions.com/image-galleries/windstone-products-gallery/prints-melody-pena

Bodine
                          Participant

Pam this was very sweet.Thank you for taking the time.There were 3 I hadn’t seen before but I do have 2 so I consider myself fortunate.They are all great Ms.Melody.Another little glimpse into the mind of Melody Pena. 😉

Susie
                            Keymaster

In addition to the prints that we PRINTED in color (as seen in the new gallery showing the old print catalog pictures that Pam mentions above) we had some that were HAND COLORED and sold framed, with a ribbon that said Hand Colored (or something to that effect) – perhaps Melody will remember. We employed someone to color those at our factory – Melody can also tell us what media was used to color them. I don’t know what styles were hand colored in that manner. Melody???

Scathach
                              Participant

I made a gallery of prints. The quality is quite awful though, sorry. These were scanned from an old catalog. Some I had never seen before.

http://windstoneeditions.com/image-galleries/windstone-products-gallery/prints-melody-pena

Thanks Pam.

I love the lion, tiger, cat and the jaguar, leopard, cheetah ones.

Life is beautiful.

Melody
                                Keymaster

In addition to the prints that we PRINTED in color (as seen in the new gallery showing the old print catalog pictures that Pam mentions above) we had some that were HAND COLORED and sold framed, with a ribbon that said Hand Colored (or something to that effect) – perhaps Melody will remember. We employed someone to color those at our factory – Melody can also tell us what media was used to color them. I don’t know what styles were hand colored in that manner. Melody???

They were hand colored with markers, and colored pencils?? I don’t remember… and airbrushed- so we had airbrushes when we started the sculpture biz.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.