fbpx

Color of Brown/Tan Female Griffin and Chicks

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Color of Brown/Tan Female Griffin and Chicks

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Lokie
    Participant

little nudgy bump

frozendragon
      Participant

yeah the light beaked griffin has darker front feet than the dark tipped one….on the black ones….LOL

but that’s ok…cause in wild birds and cats…the females do most of the hunting….so I’m gonna pretend she just got her feet dirty….. πŸ˜†

Here’s what Melody said about the color of the female griffin’s feet:

Melody wrote:

mimitrek wrote:

One other related question — you had mentioned that the store photo was of the paint sample, and in that photo the female griffin has yellow feet:

but from people’s photos so far it looks like the feet of the female griffin and chicks are kind of a brownish orange color.

I was wondering if the feet of the next back of female griffins can be yellow like the store photo? Then her feet would match those of the male griffin. πŸ™‚
        I went in and checked a female’s feet today. They are oranger than the old sample brown male I have. I left Olimpia a note asking if she could make the feet paint a little yellower from now on.

frozendragon
        Participant

cool….but I already got mine….and I’m not getting another…hehe….

2 is enough to go through….

I’ll still pretend she was digging up some food and just has dirty feet…

πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

πŸ˜† That works!

Melody
          Keymaster

We can’t match the females feet to all the males feet perfectly, they varied in color somewhat, and we no longer have the paint that we used on them, so we are hand mixing different paint. We can try adding more yellow to the mix, though the antique will still darken them a bit. The males had a lighter antique on the feet. we can’t get that color anymore.
            My hands are usually pretty dirty looking too, paint is hard to wash off.

frozendragon
            Participant

Melody wrote:

We can’t match the females feet to all the males feet perfectly, they varied in color somewhat, and we no longer have the paint that we used on them, so we are hand mixing different paint. We can try adding more yellow to the mix, though the antique will still darken them a bit. The males had a lighter antique on the feet. we can’t get that color anymore.
              My hands are usually pretty dirty looking too, paint is hard to wash off.

LOL…yeah the second black one I got is just perfect for me…..

and my male doesn’t really have any antiquing on his feet…..so they are very light…

but the family looks perfect on the shelf…..

Starbreeze
              Participant

frozendragon wrote:

cool….but I already got mine….and I’m not getting another…hehe….

2 is enough to go through….

I’ll still pretend she was digging up some food and just has dirty feet…

πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

That’s right….the female always has to do the dirty work!! πŸ˜†

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.