fbpx

Color of Brown/Tan Female Griffin and Chicks

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Color of Brown/Tan Female Griffin and Chicks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

In most of the pictures that people have posted, the female griffin looks darker than the chicks.

Is that really the case, or is the female griffin actually the same shade of brown as the chicks?

Melody
    Keymaster

mimitrek wrote:

In most of the pictures that people have posted, the female griffin looks darker than the chicks.

Is that really the case, or is the female griffin actually the same shade of brown as the chicks?
      They are painted with the same paint, so the brown color is exactly the same. The chicks actually look a bit darker than the hen to me. Their colors may vary a little, depending on the the amount of antique they all have on.

Thanks! I guess I’ll be able to see for myself soon. I have both of the chicks right now and am on the waiting list for a brown female griffin with plain wings. πŸ™‚

One other related question — you had mentioned that the store photo was of the paint sample, and in that photo the female griffin has yellow feet:

but from people’s photos so far it looks like the feet of the female griffin and chicks are kind of a brownish orange color.

I was wondering if the feet of the next back of female griffins can be yellow like the store photo? Then her feet would match those of the male griffin. πŸ™‚

Melody
      Keymaster

They are supposed to match the male griffin. But for me to be sure about that, I will need to look at one. I don’t have one here at the moment… but I will try to remember to check and let you know.

frozendragon
        Participant

hmm…I mentioned the beak and front feet on the black one in a topic I made in general windstone….

they look darker…..they match pretty well…it seems the antiquing is a bit better…but in general the color looks darker…

course I’ve got the black ones…but it seems the newer ones are just a tad diff than the old ones…maybe it’s a better sealer or something….

but then again….you can’t get a perfect match after that many years…

I beg to differ on the match aspect. How do you think people manage to fix the old sculpts so well? πŸ˜‰

Purplecat
          Participant

Hmmmmm….preeetty momma griffin…I’m definately gonna have to find a way to get one. She’s very elegant! πŸ™‚

Melody wrote:

They are supposed to match the male griffin. But for me to be sure about that, I will need to look at one. I don’t have one here at the moment… but I will try to remember to check and let you know.

Thanks!

frozendragon
            Participant

WindstoneCollector wrote:

I beg to differ on the match aspect. How do you think people manage to fix the old sculpts so well? πŸ˜‰

usually experimentation…

but I was referring to the griffins sold first that Melody can’t see anymore….

it’s totally different when you have something infront of you fixing it….

I know they have a test paint…but not every one left the factory exactly like the test paint….

we all have seen that before….so there’s no way they could match every single variation…

Arlla
              Participant

Melody wrote:

The feet on the momma that I got, from the first batch, definitely don’t match the male I have! His feet are yellow, and hers are much darker…if you make more that match his feet better, I may have to get another one!

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
                -J R R Tolkien

frozendragon
                Participant

Arlla wrote:

Melody wrote:

The feet on the momma that I got, from the first batch, definitely don’t match the male I have! His feet are yellow, and hers are much darker…if you make more that match his feet better, I may have to get another one!

yeah the black ones are kind of the same…the feet are a lot darker too…but that’s the first batch….

Melody wrote:

Just wondering if you had had a chance to check on this…

True Frozen, that is true. πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.