Clear Coat

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Amanda
    Participant

I was about to order the things I needed for my PYO, and I was shocked to see that they wanted to charge me an additional $20 shipping charge for my Krylon Low Odor Clear Coating because it’s flammable πŸ™ So, since I am cheap and can’t afford $20 shipping for a $9 item, I was wondering how long a PYO can sit without it’s coating? Might be a few months before I can get to an art store as there isn’t one around here.

Thanks πŸ™‚

Amanda
      Participant

Arlla
        Participant

Just keep it in a place where it won’t get dusty, and try not to handle it much – it should be good for a month. Though I would still go at it with some canned air (to get the dust off) before sealing it after that long…

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
          -J R R Tolkien

Amanda
          Participant

Thanks very much, I thought dust might be the problem πŸ™‚ I don’t even have my muse yet but she’s been ordered πŸ™‚ I’ll make sure to keep her covered as much as I can. Sadly I have two cats and I’m sure to get fur on everything-lol

Thanks again!

Lokie
            Participant

I’ve worked on pieces for months before I finally finished and put a clear coat on (I’m slow), and I haven’t had a problem. I usually cover the piece or put it an enclosed display case to minimize dust and dirt. If it’s been sitting for a while (even if it was covered during that time), I usually give the sculpt a quick run under the faucet to remove any possible dust, dander, ect., and give it ample time to dry thoroughly before clear coating.

Just out of interest, was the Krylon you attempted to ordered a spray sealer? You should be able to get “Krylon Acrylic Crystal Clear” spray sealer at your local K-Mart or Walmart if you don’t have an art supply store near you. Costs about $3.00 and is in the painting section. It comes in Matte, Satin, and Gloss finish.

Jennifer
              Keymaster

Eleu wrote:

I was about to order the things I needed for my PYO, and I was shocked to see that they wanted to charge me an additional $20 shipping charge for my Krylon Low Odor Clear Coating because it’s flammable πŸ™ So, since I am cheap and can’t afford $20 shipping for a $9 item, I was wondering how long a PYO can sit without it’s coating? Might be a few months before I can get to an art store as there isn’t one around here.

Thanks πŸ™‚

Goodness! Where do you live? You can get Krylon Clear coat at most home improvement, art supply, and even walmart stores. πŸ™‚

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                My art: featherdust.com

Amanda
                Participant

Woo! I decided to try another website and that one had the spray for less money, AND only charges about 5.80 something to ship instead of the $20+ of the art store I got my paints and such from. May try getting to Walmart if it can be found there! I remember now that I got Krylon Workable Fixitive there…

It was Krylon Low Odor Clear Matt Finish that I was after πŸ™‚ Not sure if that’s good or not, but worth a try πŸ™‚ I think I will be too scared to spray my muse though, don’t want to ruin her!

Thanks for your help everyone!

(oh, and in Wisconsin BTW!) πŸ˜›

Jennifer
                  Keymaster

Eleu wrote:

Woo! I decided to try another website and that one had the spray for less money, AND only charges about 5.80 something to ship instead of the $20+ of the art store I got my paints and such from. May try getting to Walmart if it can be found there! I remember now that I got Krylon Workable Fixitive there…

It was Krylon Low Odor Clear Matt Finish that I was after πŸ™‚ Not sure if that’s good or not, but worth a try πŸ™‚ I think I will be too scared to spray my muse though, don’t want to ruin her!

Thanks for your help everyone!

When you look for it in the place of evil… er, I mean walmart, look for it in the spray paint section and the art section. I’ve found it in both places. πŸ™‚

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                    My art: featherdust.com

Lokie
                    Participant

Eleu wrote:

Are you sure about that πŸ˜‰

http://www.neopets.com/explore.phtml

Amanda
                      Participant

Wait, I like Walmart! 😳

Eee!!! I am found out!! I didn’t think anyone would know what Neopia was?! *shifty eyes* How did you know! I almost live there-really I do!

Pegasi1978
                        Participant

I’m on Neopia as well. Here’s me!

Amanda
                          Participant

*squeals* Oh how NEAT! My username there is Panda2151, sorry, not sure how to do that little link thing. This is so funny to find other Neopians here, I almost changed my “from” cause I didn’t want to confuse people 😳

Oh! And I have a lupe too! And a few kougras and unis!! My best friend has a kacheek πŸ˜‰

Pegasi1978
                            Participant

You’d be surprised where you will run into fellow neopians. I haven’t been on much lately except for the plots. I don’t have a true battledome pet so I don’t have all the cool trophies you do. It’s just so darn expensive.

Amanda
                              Participant

Haha, I guess so! Do you play DragonFable too? I am nearly ashamed to say I have been on neopets at least a little bit every day for my whole 41 months *blushes* Yobles was lab trained for about a year before I started codestone training, you are totally right, it costs a fortune!

I’m sure you could get the first Defender (series 2) trophy! Several of my trophies were pure luck, like Dice-a-Roo and the lottery. But I do love the plots, sad the last was cut short!

Lokie
                                Participant

Ah, nice to see you two ladies with something in common (besides Windstone) found each other πŸ™‚ Maybe there are some other Neopet players around here somewhere. I only know about Neopia because my niece recently explained the game to me, which she needed to do in slow and simple words because it puzzled me a bit :oops:. I thought she was talking about a little, electronic virtual pet key chain game similar to a Giga Pet until she showed me the website. Hopefully, now that I’m in the know, she’ll see me as being a bit cooler πŸ˜‰

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.