fbpx

clarify please ?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody clarify please ?

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Scathach
    Participant

The unnamed dragon needs a name. I was thinking of calling him “Trover” which is some kind of legal term having to do with recovery of loot.
      Or “Trevor” which is a derivative of that word, and is a name.

For what it’s worth, I looked up “Trover” and this is what I found:

“Trover is a form of lawsuit in common-law countries for recovery of damages for wrongful taking of personal property. Trover belongs to a series of remedies for such wrongful taking, its distinctive feature being recovery only for the value of whatever was taken, not for the recovery of the property itself.”

Thinking that dragons seem to like shiny objects, “Hoarder” or “Bandit” seem more appropriate. IMO anyway.

Regardless, I still want one!

Life is beautiful.

Melody
      Keymaster

Can I weigh in with a related question?
        Would you perhaps consider a production color Grab Bag for the mini keepers and horders? Assuming there were no plans to do them in individual production colors, it would be a cool way to get them in regular colors but still not know what you’ve got until you open it.

Probably wishful thinking of course, I’m sure it would be more work for you guys to paint and pack them as GB’s than as separate colors. ๐Ÿ˜›

We don’t know what we are doing with them! I had intended to do the hoarder dragon in production colors, but now I want to use him as a grab bag piece.

yolanda
        Participant

I just hope to see them real soon in the store and hope I can afford one of each too.

Just do it in both then. satisfies everyone. You can paint them lots of ways, and collectors can enjoy them as parts of their production peices as well as special..just my own opinion..:)

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
          www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
          Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Kim
          Blocked

I agree it would be nice to see the hoarder/bandit dragons in both grab bag and production colours just like the unicorns and poads were done in both!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

chibishiro12
            Participant

I agree, I would seriously love to have them in both production colors and as grab bags.

Looking for-
              red fire young dragon
              old animal line frog, wolf, barn owl, tortoise, tiger cub

Scathach
              Participant

Would you perhaps consider a production color Grab Bag for the mini keepers and horders? Assuming there were no plans to do them in individual production colors, it would be a cool way to get them in regular colors but still not know what you’ve got until you open it.

Probably wishful thinking of course, I’m sure it would be more work for you guys to paint and pack them as GB’s than as separate colors. ๐Ÿ˜›

This idea doesn’t appeal to me at all. Many collectors only collect particular colours and the prospect of getting an odd production colour that I don’t collect is distinctively unappealing. I’d far rather have a random grab bag colour. If the hoarder and mini-keeper do end up as production colours at some point, I’ll happily purchase them in my preferred colours.

Also, I’m sure there’s an economy of scale with painting a normal sized batch in production colours that would render making production colours into grab bags not cost effective.

Life is beautiful.

Dandr13
                Participant

This idea doesn’t appeal to me at all. Many collectors only collect particular colours and the prospect of getting an odd production colour that I don’t collect is distinctively unappealing. I’d far rather have a random grab bag colour. If the hoarder and mini-keeper do end up as production colours at some point, I’ll happily purchase them in my preferred colours.

Also, I’m sure there’s an economy of scale with painting a normal sized batch in production colours that would render making production colours into grab bags not cost effective.

You’re probably right about the cost effectiveness.
                  I’m the opposite of you when it comes to colors though, I hate having multiple matching colors on my dragons. One or two of the same is the most I have. I prefer my collection to be more random looking, but the regular Grab Bags will fit in with them nicely.

pipsxlch
                  Participant

Also, I’m sure there’s an economy of scale with painting a normal sized batch in production colours
                    that would render making production colours into grab bags not cost effective.

Actually, as a color collector, this option gives me a lot of hope. I could probably trade for one that appeals to me much more easily- even have a better chance of getting one I like from the onset- than with the grab bags, most of which really don’t look to fit me. I really really hope this comes true.
                    So please, Melody, can I squeak for a batch or two of these in production or only slightly tweaked production colors?

yolanda
                    Participant

Has it been determined yet if the hoarder will be a production or LP color or a grab bag ??? Or both ?
                      & is the name hoarder sticking with him?

Dandr13
                      Participant

Has it been determined yet if the hoarder will be a production or LP color or a grab bag ??? Or both ?
                        & is the name hoarder sticking with him?

I kind of hope they keep the name. I’ve been calling it the hoarder in my mind since I first saw that sculpt – It’d feel funny to change it to something else. But either way won’t stop me from buying them.

Samwise
                        Participant

I like the thought of doing GBs and production colors. I haven’t done a GB yet; I want to. I’m mostly limiting myself to collecting CP dragons. My OCD says that I must have one of each kind of dragon in that color. Oh the insanity! I think that’s going to be very difficult to do in CP. :/

I’m excited for anything and everything dragon! ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.