fbpx

clarify please ?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody clarify please ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    yolanda
    Participant

Hello Miss Melody. I am hoping you could clarify something for me. I have seen the posts on the new hoarder dragon, which I think your still thinking on the name, and on the new mini keeper. Im not sure which you intend to be grab bags or which you intend to put in the store as production or limited production colors . Could you clarify for me which is going to be grab bag or for LP’s or production colors ?
      By the way , whatever name you give the hoarder….I kinda think it fits him if hes a thief or a collector of sorts.
      Thanxs for your time

Dandr13
      Participant

Can I weigh in with a related question?
        Would you perhaps consider a production color Grab Bag for the mini keepers and horders? Assuming there were no plans to do them in individual production colors, it would be a cool way to get them in regular colors but still not know what you’ve got until you open it.

Probably wishful thinking of course, I’m sure it would be more work for you guys to paint and pack them as GB’s than as separate colors. ๐Ÿ˜›

Melody
        Keymaster

Hello Miss Melody. I am hoping you could clarify something for me. I have seen the posts on the new hoarder dragon, which I think your still thinking on the name, and on the new mini keeper. Im not sure which you intend to be grab bags or which you intend to put in the store as production or limited production colors . Could you clarify for me which is going to be grab bag or for LP’s or production colors ?
          By the way , whatever name you give the hoarder….I kinda think it fits him if hes a thief or a collector of sorts.
          Thanxs for your time

We just finished painting a batch of Mini keepers as grab-bags. I had intended to do MK’s as grab bags only and not do them in regular colors, but I’ve learned to never say never.

The unnamed dragon was intended to be a regular production piece in regular colors, but I have test painted a few and he lends himself to grab bag colors really well. I am surprised how nice he looks in all different crazy colors.
          So, I don’t know what we are going to do with the unnamed dragon either. Maybe both regular production and grab bag colors.

The unnamed dragon needs a name. I was thinking of calling him “Trover” which is some kind of legal term having to do with recovery of loot.
          Or “Trevor” which is a derivative of that word, and is a name.

Kim
          Blocked

I am just wondering how big is the hoarder dragon compared to the young and fledgling dragons? Could it be called a Junior, Juvenile or Adolescent dragon?

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

drag0nfeathers
            Participant

I liked Bandit ๐Ÿ™‚

Got a busted Windstone?
              drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
              Siphlophis Male Dragon
              Calypso Hatching Empress
              Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
              Tattoo Mother Kirin
              Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
              Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
              Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
              Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
              Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
              Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Melody
              Keymaster

I am just wondering how big is the hoarder dragon compared to the young and fledgling dragons? Could it be called a Junior, Juvenile or Adolescent dragon?

He is almost exactly the same size as the Young dragon, but is sitting down so hes shorter.

Scathach
                Participant

Possible names for the Hoarder Dragon are found in Melody’s blog. Mid August last year, I believe.

Life is beautiful.

Seconding on Bandit dragon.

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
                  www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
                  Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

pipsxlch
                  Participant

Thanxs for your time

We just finished painting a batch of Mini keepers as grab-bags. I had intended to do MK’s as grab bags only and not do them in regular colors, but I’ve learned to never say never.

The unnamed dragon was intended to be a regular production piece in regular colors, but I have test painted a few and he lends himself to grab bag colors really well. I am surprised how nice he looks in all different crazy colors.
                    So, I don’t know what we are going to do with the unnamed dragon either. Maybe both regular production and grab bag colors.

The unnamed dragon needs a name. I was thinking of calling him “Trover” which is some kind of legal term having to do with recovery of loot.
                    Or “Trevor” which is a derivative of that word, and is a name.

I really like the idea of having mini keepers be eventually released in production colors as well as grab bags, and the same for Trevor/Trover/Bandit. As a lower income Windstone lover, I keep my sanity by severely limiting my focus- I only allow myself dragons, and certain colors (would be only 1 color if everything was available in it, so the second color can only be in sculpts not available in the first). Knowing I could get these guys in my ‘permissible’ colors would help my OCD anal self in deciding when and if to get them.
                    It’s heartening that the mini keeper should be first, and to think that if I can get one and it doesn’t fit and I can’t trade it for a ‘suitable’ one, I maybe can trade it down the road for one that is exactly a permissible color.

Scathach
                    Participant

Hi Melody

I wondering if you could please post a picture of the new dragons (Hioader, Mini Keeper, and Baby) side by side for size comparison along with a Fledgling and a Young?

I know the Hoarder is pictured with a Young on your blog from last August and there are some Facebook pictures of the new sculpts grouped together, but it would be helpful to see them all sitting next to each other in one picture.

At my current inventory of over 400, space is starting to be an issue.

Thank you.

Life is beautiful.

Melody
                      Keymaster

Hi Melody

I wondering if you could please post a picture of the new dragons (Hioader, Mini Keeper, and Baby) side by side for size comparison along with a Fledgling and a Young?

I know the Hoarder is pictured with a Young on your blog from last August and there are some Facebook pictures of the new sculpts grouped together, but it would be helpful to see them all sitting next to each other in one picture.

Thank you.

Ok,I posted a pic in the blog thing: http://windstoneeditions.com/blog/dragon-line

Falcolf
                        Participant

I like trover! I’m really excited about these small dragons and the fact that there will be dragon grab bags. ๐Ÿ˜€

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Kim
                          Blocked

I like the name Bandit.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Ela_Hara
                            Participant

I think both names, ‘Bandit’ or ‘Trover’ would fit … although I do like ‘Bandit’ more.

That being said, I have already decided that WHEN (being very positive here!) I get one of these cute little guys, I’m going to name him ‘Bandit’ no matter what the sculpt is called. ๐Ÿ™‚

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                              Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                              Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                              *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Scathach
                              Participant

Hi Melody

Thank you.

Ok,I posted a pic in the blog thing: http://windstoneeditions.com/blog/dragon-line

Thanks Melody. Much appreciated. ๐Ÿ™‚

Life is beautiful.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.