fbpx

chicken

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 60 total)
  • Author

I was just thinking if it’s lemon sized, that would be a lot bigger than other pebbles right? Maybe it should be a pyo then. Can you picture it beside other sculpts for size reference?

Good point. Someplace Melody says that it is a large lemon. On the other hand, on DeviantArt she says “This chicken is pretty small, about the size of a small potato.”

I’ve seen some tiny potatoes, i grow them, haha!

Could a votable poll be made maybe?

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
    www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
    Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Mercury Star
    Participant

What ever you really want to do Melody!

(Though I do think it would be fun for them to be PYO, I imagine I could give them to a lot of my chicken loving friends as gifts)

Mercury Star
      Participant

Oops, double post.

I would still vote PYO. I Agree… It is both too large, and detailed to be a Pebble. I admit, I am fairly biased though. ^^;

etruscan
        Participant

I’m guessing at prices here, but a $25 PYO versus a $75 LP piece – maybe $110 as a Grab Bag. Which would be more profitable in the long run?

Melody
          Keymaster

I’m guessing at prices here, but a $25 PYO versus a $75 LP piece – maybe $110 as a Grab Bag. Which would be more profitable in the long run?

Grab bag wins on that account. We don’t really make much on the pyos.

Melody
            Keymaster

I would still vote PYO. I Agree… It is both too large, and detailed to be a Pebble. I admit, I am fairly biased though. ^^;

I have been sculpting the pebbles to be bigger than the first foxes and cats. My idea was that we could make them simply, just white with a buffed wax finish like the sensuous Maya Hill pieces. Now this “pebble” line has grown into elaborately painted things, so a little bigger is better. Potato sized.
              Yeah, it seems that this chicken will end up being more detailed than the average pebble.
              But there aren’t any rules.

Natasha
              Participant

I have been sculpting the pebbles to be bigger than the first foxes and cats. My idea was that we could make them simply, just white with a buffed wax finish like the sensuous Maya Hill pieces. Now this “pebble” line has grown into elaborately painted things, so a little bigger is better. Potato sized.
                Yeah, it seems that this chicken will end up being more detailed than the average pebble.

I am ALWAYS down for grab bags. I am starting to get into PYO so that’s my second choice. I don’t collect LPs so I would have to pass her up if that’s all that came out.

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                ANY Red Eyed Unis
                ANY Test Paint Bat
                UNIS:
                The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                Male- Snow Leopard TP
                White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                Mother: Okapi
                Gothic - Mahogany
                PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                DRAGONS: Male Coyote

etruscan
                Participant

From Melody’s Facebook page:

She says “This is the size of the chicken”

PurpleTurtle
                  Participant

I’m really hoping this will end up a pyo. I don’t have the luxury of being able to do grab bags. I can’t afford it, but that’s just me I guess. Regular runs of pebble chickens would be fine too, but again for my own selfish reasons, I know I’d get much more enjoyment out of being able to paint them. But in the end it’s your call, Melody :bigsmile:

etruscan
                    Participant

That chicken just isn’t a pebble. A Plymouth Rock maybe, but not a pebble. 🙂

Ferlin1984
                      Participant

That is big and mean looking chicken. It could definitely kick the little wolfey butt sitting next to it.

scenceable
                        Participant

Grab bag wins on that account. We don’t really make much on the pyos.

this was my thought too – windstone should do whatever will be most lucrative. 😛

I pictured the pebbles as normal chicken colours but some crazy colour shift sparkle chicken could be fun too!

I’m really hoping this will end up a pyo. I don’t have the luxury of being able to do grab bags. I can’t afford it, but that’s just me I guess. Regular runs of pebble chickens would be fine too, but again for my own selfish reasons, I know I’d get much more enjoyment out of being able to paint them. But in the end it’s your call, Melody :bigsmile:

I second this. I’m sorry that PYO’s are not money makers, but they are all I can really afford. I look at each PYO I buy as an investment. I am a skilled enough artist that I can paint them exactly as I want them to be.

Airbrushed production pieces, and other factory pieces are too simple in my opinion. I like detail. All airbrushed pieces I have, or have seen up close are too simple, and (dare is say this…”Too sloppy”). *ducks head from flying heavy objects* …Yikes!
                          I think that Airbrushing really detracts from the amazing potential the sculpts themselves hold. Although, in some rare cases, simpler coloration’s really do SHOW OFF the details of Melody’s sculpts in the right instance. But, unfortunately…most often, I feel a little disappointed once I see them in-hand.

I know, there has to be a delicate balance to maintain between labor, and profit in the Factory; If all pieces were as richly painted as some manually brushed special items and PYO’s have been done, the prices paid would be more worthy.

Maybe I am too much of a perfectionist….I don’t know. I am just being honest.

Nightcrow
                          Participant

I’m abstaining from the vote, because I am not a chicken person so I wouldn’t buy a chicken PYO or a chicken Pebble. (If I were to vote, I’d say PYO, because I feel like a Pebble chicken that dwarfs the Pebble wolf is kind of silly… but hey, the fox is at least as big as the wolf, so it’s not as if they’re to a specific scale…)

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 60 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.