fbpx

chicken

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Kim
    Blocked

I think a batch of pebbles that Melody paints would be nice but maybe you could have pyo ones too. I likely would not buy a pyo one but would consider buying one if it was painted.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Landipan
      Participant

Paint your Own!

*Formerly meowmix101
        Not currently open for PYO commissions.

jmoore
        Participant

I can’t decide but I LOVE it! I will get one either way!

Laurie
          Participant

I collect chickens for my kitchen and coop ( 65 of them suckers there ) Would like either, but, pyo would give people the opp to get the breed of chicken they want. But Mel, would love to see you do a golden laced Wyandotte. 😉

PrairieVixen
            Participant

Pebble please! I can only imagine how exciting the combination of colors would be if Melody did a grab bag surprise! The possibilities are endless!

Yes! These are my thoughts exactly! Pebble Please! I want to collect these as Grab bag peices painted by you Melody!

.*ºSearching for Spectrals and Rising Spectrals in all patterns and colors!º*.

That’s a hard call! If there will be a grab bag of them, then I vote for Pebbles; if there won’t, then I’d rather have them as PYO. Either way it’s an adorable sculpt!

dragonmedley
              Participant

My first reaction is PYO.

But!!!

Can you not have both? This one honed for a PYO and a smoother, slightly smaller sized one as a pebble?

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Prezaurian
                Participant

But!!!

Can you not have both? This one honed for a PYO and a smoother, slightly smaller sized one as a pebble?

I like this idea but the problems inherent with having it both ways are that Windstone wouldn’t necessarily be able to protect themselves as well legally. If its both, then unless you looked at the pad you couldn’t necessarily tell a well painted PYO from an official production piece. It’s easier to have it one way or the other. This is just personal perspective, I in no way know any of the legal ramifications on any of this.

Sometimes we just have to make the hard choice of picking one over the other. It stinks, because when I can’t decide between two things I will often buy both to save myself the agonizing over having to decide.

etruscan
                  Participant

There are 13 votes for PYO on the Windstone Facebook page (including several Forum members who have not voted here), one for Grab Bag chickens, and 14 messages simply expressing enthusiasm for the sculpt.

dragonmedley
                    Participant

But!!!

I like this idea but the problems inherent with having it both ways are that Windstone wouldn’t necessarily be able to protect themselves as well legally. If its both, then unless you looked at the pad you couldn’t necessarily tell a well painted PYO from an official production piece.

I pictured it as the PYO being a detailed sculpt (so a honed version of what the sculpt is at this time), and the pebble, one that’s smooth (like all the other pebbles) and possibly smaller. There would be absolutely no possibility to mix one up with the other.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Prezaurian
                      Participant

But!!!

I like this idea but the problems inherent with having it both ways are that Windstone wouldn’t necessarily be able to protect themselves as well legally. If its both, then unless you looked at the pad you couldn’t necessarily tell a well painted PYO from an official production piece.

I pictured it as the PYO being a detailed sculpt (so a honed version of what the sculpt is at this time), and the pebble, one that’s smooth (like all the other pebbles) and possibly smaller. There would be absolutely no possibility to mix one up with the other.

Hm, I see what you mean there. A PYO version with high level of sculptural detail. And a production pebble that’s much smoother and hopefully simpler to paint. That would be neat.

Celestial Rainstorm
                        Participant

I just want the adorable chicken. XD I’d love a PYO, but either or is good for me!

Finding happiness again.

Kim
                          Blocked

I was just thinking if it’s lemon sized, that would be a lot bigger than other pebbles right? Maybe it should be a pyo then. Can you picture it beside other sculpts for size reference?

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Melody
                            Keymaster

But!!!

mmmebbe

etruscan
                              Participant

I was just thinking if it’s lemon sized, that would be a lot bigger than other pebbles right? Maybe it should be a pyo then. Can you picture it beside other sculpts for size reference?

Good point. Someplace Melody says that it is a large lemon. On the other hand, on DeviantArt she says “This chicken is pretty small, about the size of a small potato.”

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 60 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.