fbpx

Casper is HOME!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Casper is HOME!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Falcolf
    Participant

Thank you everyone so much for keeping him in your thoughts! He isn’t 100% yet but he can only improve from here. He’ll be eating nothing but wet food for at least the next month and I am considering keeping him on wet food permanently. He also has to take valium (diazepam) for a week to keep his muscles from getting all tight around his urethra and keeping him from peeing. He’s been lecturing me adorably ever since I got home, so my fears that he wouldn’t trust me anymore were unfounded. He really appreciated the new catnip toy that I got him and he is currently spying on the neighbourhood. Hopefully soon I’ll see him take a nap. <3 His big brother Copernicus is being a bit of a buttface right now but hopefully once the Eau de Vet Clinic odour has worn off they’ll be BFFs again. I am so happy to have Casper home! πŸ˜€

Thank you again all so much! Here's Casper, back where he belongs (watching over the neighbourhood from his cat tree in his favourite window!)

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Stormbreeze
      Participant

What a beautiful cat. I’m so glad he’s okay.

[i]Keeping an eye out for fantasy gryphons and test paint dragons.[/i]

Ela_Hara
        Participant

*HAPPY DANCE* *HAPPY DANCE*
          Whhhhhheeeeeeeeee! I’m so Happy for you and Casper! Glad he’s home and feeling better!
          πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
          Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
          Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
          *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

rock-reader
          Participant

That’s so great! Welcome home, Casper! I hope everything goes well from here!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Kim
            Blocked

That’s great he’s getting better! He is so cute!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Prezaurian
              Participant

Yay! He’s back home! That’s wonderful. I’m sure he’ll just get better from here. Very happy for you and him. There’s been a lot of unhappy pet news later, so it’s nice to hear some good news.

Lokie
                Participant

That’s great that he is home =) Such a beautiful cat!

Falcolf
                  Participant

Thanks guys! <3 Unfortunately I have some bad news – Casper has to go back to the vet and he's probably going to be getting his man bit shortened. πŸ™ ($700 later…) The vet said when we talked about it before that Casper should recover right away and no longer have any problems with crystals, so I hope he's right because I'm seeing no other option. I dearly wish that this hadn't happened – just over a week ago he was romping around being a happy three year old. My only consolation is that I may have scored a job at a bakery – my second day working there is later today but it's more hectic than I am used to, so holding it may be a challenge. I really wish my parents were here to help me, at least with driving me to the vet so that I don't have to take a taxi, but they're not. Hopefully, hopefully, Casper pulls through. I'm praying like crazy. πŸ™

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Ela_Hara
                    Participant

Good Luck! Hope Casper does well. Keep up your spirits and good luck with your new job too!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                      Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                      Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                      *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

etruscan
                      Participant

Oh no – poor little guy back in pain (and poor you, too). Probably once everything heals up Casper will just be glad that the pain went away.

I hope the new job works out for you. πŸ™‚

Prezaurian
                        Participant

Oh no! Man…. Hope things go well with Casper and your new job.

twindragonsmum
                          Participant

So glad your baby is home! …and good luck with your new job!

tdm πŸ™‚

tdm

Falcolf
                            Participant

So Casper is home (again) and hopefully for good! He got home yesterday after a successful surgery the day before and he’s already acting much more normal, though he’s sleeping a lot. His big brother Copernicus is being nicer to him too! (Still hissing at him but politely keeping his distance.) Last night Casper slept snuggled up against my side, Copernicus on the other side of the bed and it occurred to me that the poor dude probably could have used a heating pad, so I hope my body heat sufficed. He has also been PURRING which I haven’t heard him do since before he got sick! The little guy has lost weight but so far he’s eating just fine so hopefully he’ll put that weight back on nice and quickly. (He was by no means overweight. He was perfect!) He isn’t galloping around yet but he’s being snuggly and he’s really appreciating the sunbeams coming from our front windows. Later, when it heats up a bit more outside I’ll open them up so that he can enjoy the sunshine even more. πŸ™‚

Also – he’s in a cone! He looks so sad and ridiculous haha, but he has to wear it to keep him from touching his butt where his sutures are. His entire rear end and groin has been shaved.

Thank you guys for keeping him in your thoughts! I’m not really going to take a breath until his stitches are out but for now things already seem much better for him. Soon hopefully he’ll be galloping up and down the hallway. For now his province shall be sunbeams and twice the usual amount of pets until he feels better. (Plus some metacam.) All totaled, his expenses were over $1,500 but I’ll be happy so long as he is alive. Also I’m loving my new job so far – my coworkers are great and I get free baked goodies – what more is there to love? And it’s full time which I haven’t had in years which means that soon once my finances have recovered from Casper’s issue and after I have fixed my computer I might be able to think about moving out as well as getting driving lessons so that I can get my Novice license. My trip to visit my buddy in Texas is also looking more likely and I plan to reward myself with a small, cheap, non-PYO Windstone once Casper’s vet bills are paid off. I managed all of these issues that Casper went through almost completely alone. I also managed to not touch my long term savings account which I am really proud of and happy about. I didn’t have to sacrifice any of that money which is meant for my future.

I will either be looking into pet insurance in the future or simply setting up a ‘vet expenses’ account for my boys to save up funds for when they need it.

Excellent!

Prezaurian
                              Participant

Yay! So glad things are looking up for you AND Casper! It’s great that you didn’t have to touch any savings.

darjeb
                                Participant

I am glad to hear Casper is home and doing bett4er. Casper looks like a real sweetheart

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.