Canadian Dino 25 cent coin

Home Forums Miscellany Community Canadian Dino 25 cent coin

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Carolyn
    Participant

We’ll be there this week, want us to grab you one?

Kyrin

Sure as long as it’s only 25 cent price . They will be popular I’m sure . Kids here will love them too .
      The US mint should be considering it too . Fun thing .

Oh well if it’s 30.00 , can’t afford that right now . They are so cute though .

Elena
      Participant

This is Canada’s new coin . They are no longer doing the one with the Elk on it . It’s one for used by people as legal tender .

It’d be kinda cool if they were going into circulation but they are kinda like artist edition Windstones; they’re too fancy to be production pieces.

Here’s some of the “limited edition” circulation coins that I have collected recently:(I think these are some of the coins scenceable and foxfeather mentioned)

Oooo, I haven’t seen the Parks Canada quarters yet. Is the top quarter the Orca or Kestrel?

The loonie and twoonie on top of each other are the 100th Anniversary Parks Canada coins and the other is one of the infamous ‘Lucky Loonies” from one of the Olympic years ๐Ÿ™‚

Yes, polymer bills are supposed to be more durable and harder to counterfeit, but we already have people figuring out ways to rip them and complaining about it. I figure it’s like when the twoonie came into circulation, some of the middles would pop out (especially in cold climates) and everyone got excited that the coins were ‘defective’ and we should have our old paper bills back. I like the twoonie, you can think you’re broke and then open up your change purse and be rich! ๐Ÿ˜€

dragonmedley
        Participant

My husband’s a collector, and I got him the circulation twoonie all wrapped up nice and pretty, but they didn’t have that cool loonie! Wants!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

littleironhorse
          Participant

My husband’s a collector, and I got him the circulation twoonie all wrapped up nice and pretty, but they didn’t have that cool loonie! Wants!

Which one is that DM? My dad collects to and may have an extra…

dragonmedley
            Participant

Which one is that DM? My dad collects to and may have an extra…

The one in the pic Flamingdragon posted.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
              I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Purplecat
              Participant

The dino coin trumps them ALL!!! <3

Tara
                Participant

Oooo, I haven’t seen the Parks Canada quarters yet. Is the top quarter the Orca or Kestrel?

The blue quarter is the Orca. I believe that the third quarter in the series is the Kestrel and it has a yellow blob but I have yet to see the bird one.

Perhaps we should start collecting coins nowadays.
                  Canadian penny are officially ceased circulating in the nation to the north. US coins could be the next. That move has rekindled a debate domestically that has been going on for decades. Collectors should start seeking for Canadian mint and coins for good.

Dandr13
                  Participant

Canadian penny are officially ceased circulating in the nation to the north. US coins could be the next. That move has rekindled a debate domestically that has been going on for decades. Collectors should start seeking for Canadian mint and coins for good.

It’s only worth collecting Canadian mint coins for esthetic value. My father has been collection coins for years and has finally decided to start thinning out the collection. No dealer will pay anywhere near what the coins originally cost. If it is a precious metal coin they will only pay the weight of the coin and nothing for the design, no matter how rare it is. We have been to many, many coin dealers over the years. They are pretty to look at, but one of the worst investments available.

On a side note to Canadians about the new plastic bills; they may be hard to rip, and almost impossible to burn, but they will melt. ๐Ÿ™‚ Don’t leave them near radiators or fireplaces.

It’s only worth collecting Canadian mint coins for esthetic value. My father has been collection coins for years and has finally decided to start thinning out the collection. No dealer will pay anywhere near what the coins originally cost. If it is a precious metal coin they will only pay the weight of the coin and nothing for the design, no matter how rare it is. We have been to many, many coin dealers over the years. They are pretty to look at, but one of the worst investments available.

On a side note to Canadians about the new plastic bills; they may be hard to rip, and almost impossible to burn, but they will melt. ๐Ÿ™‚ Don’t leave them near radiators or fireplaces.

Aw so sad.. I thought there are lots of antique buyers out there who’s very interested in coin collection.

Scathach
                    Participant

I know it’s an odd question, but here’s as good a place as any to ask.

I’m Canadian and my husband collects Canadian pennies. He’s missing 2004, 2006, and 2008. If anyone out there has one or all of them, could you please PM me? They’re all he needs to complete his collection.
                      Thanks.

Life is beautiful.

Dandr13
                      Participant

Aw so sad.. I thought there are lots of antique buyers out there who’s very interested in coin collection.

I know. ๐Ÿ™ The coins are so pretty, but it’s so hard to find people who want the old coins, they all seem to want the newest ones available.

Dandr13
                        Participant

Sorry – double post.

Tara
                          Participant

I know it’s an odd question, but here’s as good a place as any to ask.

I’m Canadian and my husband collects Canadian pennies. He’s missing 2004, 2006, and 2008. If anyone out there has one or all of them, could you please PM me? They’re all he needs to complete his collection.
                            Thanks.

Sent PM

Scathach
                            Participant

Thanks!

Life is beautiful.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.