fbpx

Brown Emperors…

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Brown Emperors…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 107 total)
  • Author

Hi, Melody! I’ve been drooling over your dragons for years now, but kinda new on this forum, so not sure if you’ve been asked this before, but…

I’ve heard that the brown emperors are the rarest production pieces, and I was just wondering why you only made them for a year. How many do you think were produced during that time? Also, do you plan to make a limited edition brown emperor in the future?

Just wondering, because we were talking about Windstones we passed on, in another thread and I remember passing up on a brown emperor at a Texas Ren Fair years ago. Well, I didn’t really pass him up, as I was just a kid, and couldn’t afford him at the time. I remember my friends had to drag me away though. I’m cringing at the memory now πŸ™‚

Have a great week! πŸ˜€

Jennifer
    Keymaster

I’ll let Melody answer why they only made them such a short time, but I can tell you that once a color is retired, it is retired period. They won’t make more of that specific color.

There’s a chance they can make emperors in a different sort of brown though! I also hope to do an earthy toned one.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
      My art: featherdust.com

Travistie
      Participant

Nambroth wrote:

There’s a chance they can make emperors in a different sort of brown though! I also hope to do an earthy toned one.

Yes Nam, but do you plan to make enough of them for us all? That is the question! πŸ˜›

Melody
        Keymaster

DROGO wrote:

Hi, Melody! I’ve been drooling over your dragons for years now, but kinda new on this forum, so not sure if you’ve been asked this before, but…

I’ve heard that the brown emperors are the rarest production pieces, and I was just wondering why you only made them for a year. How many do you think were produced during that time? Also, do you plan to make a limited edition brown emperor in the future?

Just wondering, because we were talking about Windstones we passed on, in another thread and I remember passing up on a brown emperor at a Texas Ren Fair years ago. Well, I didn’t really pass him up, as I was just a kid, and couldn’t afford him at the time. I remember my friends had to drag me away though. I’m cringing at the memory now πŸ™‚

Have a great week! πŸ˜€We started making the Emperors in brown a few months before we retired the color for all the dragons, so we didn’t sell very many. (The old greens are pretty rare too.) We have never counted up how many we sold of anything. We didn’t keep track, because it never occurred to us that these would be collectible someday, and anyone would want to know!
          We will never make old brown Emperors again that are identical to the ones we have retired.

Jennifer
          Keymaster

travistie wrote:

Nambroth wrote:

Yes Nam, but do you plan to make enough of them for us all? That is the question! πŸ˜›

Maybe I could, if you give me about 10 years and you all come over and do all my chores for me, and pay my psychiatrist when I start going crazy!! πŸ˜†

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com

frozendragon
            Participant

Nambroth wrote:

Maybe I could, if you give me about 10 years and you all come over and do all my chores for me, and pay my psychiatrist when I start going crazy!! πŸ˜†

I’ll be your psychiatrist…I take payments in windstone….hehe

Jennifer
              Keymaster

frozendragon wrote:

Nambroth wrote:

I’ll be your psychiatrist…I take payments in windstone….hehe

I never said I’d be paying anyone! πŸ˜†

frozendragon
                Participant

Nambroth wrote:

ah well I can still tell you that you’re nuts for free… 😈

Bob

Melody wrote:

DROGO wrote:

Have a great week! πŸ˜€We started making the Emperors in brown a few months before we retired the color for all the dragons, so we didn’t sell very many. (The old greens are pretty rare too.) We have never counted up how many we sold of anything. We didn’t keep track, because it never occurred to us that these would be collectible someday, and anyone would want to know!
                    We will never make old brown Emperors again that are identical to the ones we have retired.
                    I was just abotu to say that foiled again!!
                    But I aksed in the other topic who gets mines when I can’t take care of him anymore???

Starbreeze
                    Participant

I’ll give him a good home. Then I could complete my ‘brown’ family. πŸ˜‰

Bob

well if it EVER gets to that point I will let all you know before anything hits e-bay

Travistie
                        Participant

Nambroth wrote:

travistie wrote:

Nambroth wrote:

Will your color schemes ever be made production or limited production? A good starter would be that Neptume Emperor color combo! πŸ˜†

Kujacker
                          Participant

Nambroth wrote:

Haha! I’ll come over and do your chores for awhile for free just to witness you painting a Windstone XD

Jennifer
                            Keymaster

travistie wrote:

Nambroth wrote:

travistie wrote:

Nambroth wrote:

Will your color schemes ever be made production or limited production? A good starter would be that Neptume Emperor color combo! πŸ˜†

My pieces are done by hand with brushes, and take a minimum of 25 hours each to do- the emperor even longer- so there is no realistic way to make them production or even limited production! Even the artist’s edition of Labradorite griffins took me over 6 months and I only made 7 adults (4 males, 3 mommas)! that’s why they’re so unique and special.

If I come up with something Windstone really likes and they can figure out how to airbrush there is always that possiblity, but to be clear if that ever happens the pieces will probably end up being quite different than mine and not as detailed. Most of my pieces have a many, many thin layers of paint to build up color in order to get the look they have, which I’m sure Melody is sitting at her computer making the “GROSS!” face at the thought of trying to do that with airbrushes! πŸ˜†

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 107 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.