fbpx

Broken GB Young Uni

Home Forums Windstone Editions Repairs Broken GB Young Uni

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    pony-up
    Participant

All of the Windstones I had to file claims for in recent years I got to keep, even after receiving a refund for the damage. I had to file online and submit pictures of the damaged pieces and they mailed me a check. I was told they no longer have you bring the item into the post office.

Mary
      Participant

Etruscan wrote: “People here have experience with claims for broken pieces – and I don’t (knock wood) – but from previous discussions I got the impression that broken pieces are not returned to anybody once they have been submitted to the post office.”

I’ve only had 2 insurance claims before. On one I didn’t have to bring it in for inspection and the other I did. I’m not sure if amount of claim determines whether or not you have to bring it in or not.

The one I didn’t have to bring in was for less than $100. The one over $100, I had to leave at post office. Not sure if they returned it to the seller or not.

I wonder what the post office would want with broken pieces? I wonder if they sell them to salvagers?

Mary
        Participant

Pony-up, were any of those claims for more than $100? I sent them digital photos of the damaged GBY & also what it looked like before shipping from the ad picture. I’ve only had 2 claims, & one they had me bring in and the other they just sent me a check.

pipsxlch
          Participant

I’ve only had to file a claim once. It took me 6 MONTHS of fighting USPS to get the refund! The item was really well packed, but the box had been through a battle zone on the way to me from its appearance, and the oriental inside was a fatality. The seller was helpful, but I filed the claim on my end and (eventually) was the one to get the money- the seller didn’t refund me.
            Anyhow, I had to take the broken dragon to the post office to file my claim, and they insisted they had to keep it. It wasn’t returned to the seller; I was told by the post office they discard all the broken pieces and never return them. This was several years ago, and over $100.
            With a OOAK like this, I’d wonder if it wouldn’t be worth more to try and repair (even turn into a fantasy horse not unicorn) then try and refund. He’s lovely, it’ be a shame for him to end up smithereens in the landfill.
            Just remember there’s no such thing as a properly packed box to the USPS. If he really was improperly packed, you’ll be out the sculpt as well as the money. Best of luck!

pony-up
            Participant

I’ve filed three claims in the past three years and all were over $200. The first one I took to the post office and they told me they no longer do the claims in person and they told me how to file it online. All of them were ebay auctions so proof of what I paid was easily proven and that may be why I haven’t had any issues with refunds. I simply described each item and the damage and included pics of the damaged areas and less than two weeks later I received a check for my full claim amount.

Setsunawolf
              Participant

From my understanding it is the seller/sender who gets the refund from the PO. I would not release the uni until Paypal refunded you, then I would follow Paypal’s instructions. I have also heard USPS destroys damaged packages, and I would hate to see Limerick smashed.

Drag0n repaired a young uni w/ horn rot for me. She did an awesome job. If you don’t mind you might ask for a partial refund and just have him repaired. I’m sure w/ help a new horn could be found……and maybe if you asked Susie, there might be a spare horn at Windstone. I know supplies are low and they might be out, but there also might be one or two hanging around as well.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                Sun Dragon Koi #3

Mary
                Participant

Pony-up wrote: “I’ve filed three claims in the past three years and all were over $200. The first one I took to the post office and they told me they no longer do the claims in person and they told me how to file it online. All of them were ebay auctions so proof of what I paid was easily proven and that may be why I haven’t had any issues with refunds. I simply described each item and the damage and included pics of the damaged areas and less than two weeks later I received a check for my full claim amount.”

I wonder if that’s the determining factor – whether it was on ebay listing or not. My purchase was here on the classifieds & using Paypal. The one I got the refund without bringing the piece in for inspection was also an ebay auction. The one where I had to bring it in for inspecting, was a Craigslist ad.

I had already brought it in once to my USPS but nobody there knew what forms they had to fill out or what to do with it, so they took my name & phone # & told me they’d get back to me, which of course they’ve not done. Called back twice & same thing. So, I wrote to the St. Louis office that processes claims & asked for an extension on the 30-day window to bring it in. Hopefully by then, I’ll know the status of my Paypal claim refund.

Thanks all for your advice. Much appreciated.

Mary
                  Participant

setsunawolf wrote: “From my understanding it is the seller/sender who gets the refund from the PO. I would not release the uni until Paypal refunded you, then I would follow Paypal’s instructions. I have also heard USPS destroys damaged packages, and I would hate to see Limerick smashed.

Drag0n repaired a young uni w/ horn rot for me. She did an awesome job. If you don’t mind you might ask for a partial refund and just have him repaired. I’m sure w/ help a new horn could be found……and maybe if you asked Susie, there might be a spare horn at Windstone. I know supplies are low and they might be out, but there also might be one or two hanging around as well”

There’s a box on the claim form where the person filing it (either buyer or seller) checks who is to get the refund. In my case, she has the refund going to herself, since she agreed to refund my purchase in full.

My Paypal claim should be processed by the end of this week, so I’ll know if I got a refund from them. If not, I won’t be giving up Limerick to USPS to have him destroyed. If I don’t want to spend more having him fixed, I can always put a tiny hat on his head to cover the hold. :party:

Thanks for the advice

WolfenMachine
                    Participant

The horn can be glued in no problem. He’s too pretty to suffer at the hands of the post office. I’ll buy him from you if you don’t want him. I’ve had no luck on postal claims. if it broke they say it wasn’t packed properly and it will take you 6+ months to get an answer. Government agency of course. Any claim over $50 goes to some headquarters office out of state. the damage doesn’t look bad. I’ve had youngs lose horns and glued them with white elmers glue no problem

Mary
                      Participant

Limerick is on his way back to the seller. I heard from Paypal this morning that they resolved the case in my favor, and they’ll provide a full refund, as soon as I ship him back to the seller. I’m glad that at least I won’t have to be the one to bring him into USPS for the claim & see his potential demise at USPS hands. :(( It’s been a nightmare so far dealing with USPS. The seller filed the insurance claim, but told me to hang onto the uni. We discussed my purchasing the damaged Limerick from her, after the insurance claim was settled.

So, I get a letter from St. Louis claims supervisor for USPS telling me to bring the package into my local USPS within 30 days or the claim would be denied, but my local office didn’t know what forms they had to fill out. They took my name & phone, & said they’d call back. But, nobody did. So I called again to see if they found out how to process the claim, & again they took my name & # & said somebody’d call back but nobody did. So, I wrote to St. Louis office & copied the seller asking how to proceed. At least now that Limerick’s enroute back to the seller, I won’t have to deal with the USPS again & that’ll be her headache instead of mine.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.