fbpx

Branzyboo PYOs… Griffin added dec 11/14

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Branzyboo PYOs… Griffin added dec 11/14

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 225 total)
  • Author

So I have been working on an Easter Ki-Rin PYO and it is going well I think. I will post a WIP picture. He is so not done yet. Please don’t judge him to harshly cuz it is my very first time painting ANYTHING…not just my first time doing a PYO. HE has 3 shades of Peridot Green in his coat and is antiqued darker green as well. The pink really shows much darker on these picks than it actually is. There is purple antiquing on some of the scales. This guy is inspired by the colors of the chocolate easter egg wrappers you get for the holiday! His eyes will be different and he has 3 swarovsky gems on him. I CANNOT GET “HIM” out of my head. I know its pink but I see it as a “Him”. I dunno why!

His Name is Kypris: (my sister has so many great names for him and this one sounds good)

Photobucket

I am also awaiting custom eyes by dreaming tree for some Keepers I have in the works. These will be an eventual series of them based on a gourgeous group of fossils(stunning colors)that I got a few months ago (specifically for these keepers) and these pieces will be the Keep for each dragon. I’ll give you a sneek peek of a set of eyes!

Photobucket

Thanks for looking!

etruscan
    Participant

I think the kirin looks great. 🙂 Very festive – the pink and green really work well together!

He is looking lovely!

Doesn’t look like it’s the first thing you’ve ever painted!
      You must be spending a helluva lot of time on him!!

Sbianchi
      Participant

He is adorable, I like the colors on him! You’re doing a great job
        on him!

PurpleTurtle
        Participant

He’s so bright and ‘yummy’ looking. Love it :)!

Misty
          Participant

Looking great so far! Puts me in mind of saint patty’s day, even with the pink 😉

He is looking lovely!

Doesn’t look like it’s the first thing you’ve ever painted!
            You must be spending a helluva lot of time on him!!

Oh my god you are so right on the time in!!! I have spent about 22 hrs so far on him. I have made a few glitches and it took more coats to cover because of it! I hope that he ends up being nice in the end. I have learned soooo much through the whole process and I have also noticed that I am a neurotic perfectionist!! 🙂 Every teeny flaw needs to be fixed! I am very excited to get started on my Keepers.

Thank You for the complements. I really appreciate it and look forward to the feedback from everyone. I am truly trying to do a good job and make it a quality product. I give huge PROPS to all of the Ki-Rin painters out there. These are WAY harder to paint than they look. Scales are a very unforgiving surface to work with.

Laurie
            Participant

HE looks great for a first. If you want practice get a Muse. That’s why Mel made them. 😉

Bodine
              Participant

I think you did a wonderful job and for your first.Another talent untapped hey? Watching to see the keeper come to life. :bigsmile:

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Here is “Kypris” my Easter Ki-Rin completed. I chose the equine style eyes custom from Dreaming Tree Studios because the Ki-Rin is based on a Deer, Dragon, Unicorn and I just really love the look of these style eyes. She has 3 Swarovski gems in Amethyst,Rose and Tanzanite. I spent a lot of time on her and she is completly hand painted and detailed. I think she turned out well. Let me know what ya think! 🙂 I totally enjoyed the who process, frusterations included!

I am HOOKED!!!

“Kypris”
                Photobucket
                Photobucket
                Photobucket
                Photobucket
                Photobucket

Laurie
                Participant

She’s lovely, I want an Easter basket like that. 😉

Tethra
                  Participant

Well done! He looks fabulous! I think your hard work really paid off! 🙂

Bodine
                    Participant

It’s beautiful!Great job.This is your first of many I hope.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

PurpleTurtle
                      Participant

He came out looking fabulous! Loving colors and the color choice for the antique was a good one. Paint more 🙂 !

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 225 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.