fbpx

*blush* Awww, but I'm so NOT interesting…

Home Forums Miscellany Community *blush* Awww, but I'm so NOT interesting…

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 85 total)
  • Author

Next time you should take a camera and take pictures of peoples faces and then post them here. Kind of like a candid-camera thing.

drag0nfeathers
    Participant

haha, that would be funny.

Got a busted Windstone?
      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
      Siphlophis Male Dragon
      Calypso Hatching Empress
      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
      Tattoo Mother Kirin
      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

SPark
      Participant

You know, I’ve never worn a full suit out in public except at conventions and things. Not that I wouldn’t, I’ve just never had the opportunity, really. (Funny thing. I make suits every day, but right now I don’t own a single one! I just make lots of other people’s.) I do wear a tail around a lot though. It’s really hilarious the reactions you get.

drag0nfeathers
        Participant

I’m surprised SPark! I thought since you were a fursuiter you would have at least once. I haven’t even looked into cons yet, but was dying to were the Fox head after I finished it. It was fun. I’m bummed the holidays are over cause that was kind of my excuse for doing it and not seeming like too much of a weirdo. Not that I mind being thought of as one, but if I want to have any fun now I have to go all alone. I wish I knew someone else around here I could go hang out with who would enjoy fursuiting with me.

I would try and make some for other people for some extra money since I want to practice more and don’t really have the money to keep making them for myself, but I have no clue how to sew a suit to fit someone. I’ve been staring at the duct tape dummy I did for the wolf for about a week now trying to figure out what the hell to do with it next. haha!

The heads aren’t as hard once you get the basics down, though I have to glue them and hand sew most of it. Making the skin like in your tutorial was a complete disaster for me. I don’t know how the heck I screwed it up so bad. I’m just REALLY bad with sewing machines.

Give me your pencils, your paper, your paint and glue! Just not any thread! Keep the thread away!

Got a busted Windstone?
          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
          Siphlophis Male Dragon
          Calypso Hatching Empress
          Tattoo Mother Kirin

SPark
          Participant

He he he. Well, there are about a million different ways to make a fursuit. I just do mine the way I like.

For what to do with the duct tape… cut it up! There are two ways to use a duct tape dummy. One is to stuff it full of something like polyfill, and then sew your bodysuit together from a commercial pajama or jumper pattern, then dress the dummy in it, and pin it until it fits, take it off, mark where the pins were, and trim and resew the body suit to the pin marks.

But I think the easier way is to cut up the dummy and use it as a pattern! Just cut it into pieces, and cut slits in the pieces, until it lies flat. Trace it onto your fabric, with about an inch extra all around so you can have a seam allowance, and so you can move while wearing it, and then sew it together.

drag0nfeathers
            Participant

SPark wrote:

He he he. Well, there are about a million different ways to make a fursuit. I just do mine the way I like.

For what to do with the duct tape… cut it up! There are two ways to use a duct tape dummy. One is to stuff it full of something like polyfill, and then sew your bodysuit together from a commercial pajama or jumper pattern, then dress the dummy in it, and pin it until it fits, take it off, mark where the pins were, and trim and resew the body suit to the pin marks.

But I think the easier way is to cut up the dummy and use it as a pattern! Just cut it into pieces, and cut slits in the pieces, until it lies flat. Trace it onto your fabric, with about an inch extra all around so you can have a seam allowance, and so you can move while wearing it, and then sew it together.

I stuffed it with a bunch of old clothes so I could tape up the seams right and now it weighs like 80 pounds! LOL! I was thinking of taking everything out and filling it with al the packing peanuts from the million Windstone boxes I have, but your idea sounds SO MUCH EASIER!!! I’ll have to try that!

Got a busted Windstone?
              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
              Siphlophis Male Dragon
              Calypso Hatching Empress
              Tattoo Mother Kirin

Jodi
              Participant

I’m so glad Bubbas is doing well. That pic is so cute! He looks content and happy.

I also think your furry heads look great. The purple one is so cute! I’m going to a convention in July that has a theme of Creature Feature and I’m trying to come up with something for it. How did you make the head?

SPark
                Participant

http://bladespark.topcities.com/costume/makehead.html

There are TONS of tutorials out there for making fursuits/mascots. That’s mine.

drag0nfeathers
                  Participant

Yup, I used SPark’s tutorial page! She also helped me out with a couple of questions I had too. The only thing I did different was I glued all the fur on with a hot glue gun, but I folded it under so you didn’t see the fabric ends so it doesn’t look so bad. I royally SUCK at sewing, LOL!

Thankyou for the shout out for Bub’s =) He’s sleeping in my lap right now…purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring

Got a busted Windstone?
                    *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                    Siphlophis Male Dragon
                    Calypso Hatching Empress
                    Tattoo Mother Kirin

SPark wrote:

You know, I’ve never worn a full suit out in public except at conventions and things. Not that I wouldn’t, I’ve just never had the opportunity, really. (Funny thing. I make suits every day, but right now I don’t own a single one! I just make lots of other people’s.) I do wear a tail around a lot though. It’s really hilarious the reactions you get.

Oh gosh! Wearing tails is so much fun! One time Vantid and I wore our tails to a show at the Getty art museum. Not only were we recieving looks for the tails, but we were like the only people there in jeans and a t-shirt. Everyone was wearing fancy stuff! It was HILARIOUS. Most people just tried to ignore us. And then there was the time we were at the Beanery in Corvallis, listening to some live music, and the musicians saw Vantid with her tail and made her go up and show it off. XD I was so glad I had decided not to wear mine. Bwahaha.

drag0nfeathers
                    Participant

HAHA! That’s great Chessie! I didn’t know you and Vantid wore tails =D

Got a busted Windstone?
                      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                      Siphlophis Male Dragon
                      Calypso Hatching Empress
                      Tattoo Mother Kirin

NirvanaCat13
                      Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Ski hasn’t had her own yet? 😯 She’d be first choice! Nirvana hasn’t been on here for days… Well, chat on your own forum section while you got the chance, drag0n! 😀

Blech

Maria
                        Participant

Is that supposed to be a sound of disgust or are you saying “Nonsense” in German?

NirvanaCat13
                          Participant

Just “Blech” as in I’m tired and haven’t even gotten through half of the posts for the last 4 days…..

Drag0n, Glad the kitty is doing really good, the offer to track down and mutilate your old neighbors still stands, and as always, we wish you the best!

drag0nfeathers
                            Participant

Thanks Nirvana =) How are you doing? You don’t sound very happy….if that’s possible to realize from across the country, but you know what I mean =) Where have you been?

Got a busted Windstone?
                              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                              Siphlophis Male Dragon
                              Calypso Hatching Empress
                              Tattoo Mother Kirin

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 85 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.