fbpx

Blue Morpho Dragons

Home Forums Windstone Editions Windstone Store Discussion Blue Morpho Dragons

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 146 total)
  • Author
    Heather
    Participant

Sweet heavens to Betsy, if there are Old Warriors coming up in this color scheme, I’ll be all over them like fuzzy on a peach! :love: WANT.

Hahaha I love how you describe things!! Makes me smile and laugh 🙂

PurpleTurtle
      Participant

WHAAAA!!! I can’t swing it this time, so I do hope they plan to paint more of these guys.Those wings are spectacular! But personally, I REALLY want Laps done in this scheme. Hopefully I will have the money to spend on one of those if and when when they come out.

Kim
        Blocked

That new dragon is awesome! I don’t collect the big dragons but am planning on getting the male griffin. I hope the fledglings, youngs, babies and hatching dragons will also come out in this colour scheme!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

The Griffins are spectacular in this color scheme. To quote Melody, “resplendent.”

I know the Dragons will also hold the color well, my favorites being the Lap and OW, so I know your indecision.

If this helps ….

I finally bought the original copper patina color in the male and female Griffin mold. It was the one color that always popped when I viewed it and yes, I always wanted to splurge for a Griffin. When the inventory dropped to one remaining male Griffin in that color scheme, well ….

Let me just say, I was NOT disappointed. As a matter of fact, where the Unicorns dwarf my Pegasi family, the Griffins totally dwarf my Unicorns. Aside from them being gorgeous sculptures, you really feel like you’re getting your moneys worth with the Griffin sculptures.

And wouldn’t you know, several weeks later, Brandi’s fantabulous blue Morpho Griffins make their appearance ….. oh yeah, my credit card bleedith. Bah, it’s about time I used it some. I remind myself that I risk them closing it if I don’t. Heh

I think the female Griffin is slightly heaftier than the lap. If you go for it, you won’t be disappointed.

~Hoofer and her point zero two cents.

drag0nfeathers
          Participant

Thanks everyone! After sitting and looking around at my collection I realized I don’t have any fantasy colored griffins at all. They’re all pretty natural looking except maybe the black sunset or black peacock if you count those. Nothing really “ermergerd! That’s so pretty and fantasty inspired” and I have like 3 different variations of blue risers. So… I got the griffins!

I REALLY hope they make more Risers after this. It was tough cause the Riser is my favorite dragon sculpt next to the old warrior.

Got a busted Windstone?
            drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
            Siphlophis Male Dragon
            Calypso Hatching Empress
            Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
            Tattoo Mother Kirin
            Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
            Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
            Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
            Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
            Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
            Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Mercury Star
            Participant

Oh wow, the Riser is gorgeous, but I would have totally made the same choice, Drag0n… finish the griffin family (ack, I just need money for Papa Griffy!), then work on the dragons. Oh boy, I have a feeling I am going to need all the dragons in this color. *peeks into wallet*

Those wings on the Riser!

Well, you could always look at it like this …

You’re getting TWO for the price of ONE !!

WOOT!!

:->

moonbeam
              Participant

This color scheme is so, so pretty! Sadly I wont´be able to buy something as expensive as the Riser for quite a while. So I´m keeping my fingers crossed for maybe coiled dragons or curlies in this color 🙂

drag0nfeathers
                Participant

Well, you could always look at it like this …

You’re getting TWO for the price of ONE !!

WOOT!!

:->

*blush* I was sort of thinking that too! LOL!

Got a busted Windstone?
                  *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                  Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                  Siphlophis Male Dragon
                  Calypso Hatching Empress
                  Tattoo Mother Kirin

Jennifer
                  Keymaster

I admit that my personal taste does not care for the flat black color on Windstones. The griffins … the blue is so pretty but the black kills it for me and I can’t quite put my finger on it. But, I do think I like it on the rising dragon! He’s super pretty. I think it’s because he has so little of that flat black (I just find it lifeless, I guess!).
                    Either way, it is wonderful to see these blue paint jobs coming out!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                    My art: featherdust.com

drag0nfeathers
                    Participant

I actually feel like he needs a black stripe along the meaty part of his tail behind the haunches, like in the same area it is located on the sides of his chest… that was the one thing about him I wasn’t a fan of. It made him look lopsided on a consistancy stand point… if that makes sense. Otherwise he is just stunning. I think I’ll be happy with my Griffins though. Not completing the family would have driven me nuts.

I do 100% agree on the blue scheme though, finally ^_^

Got a busted Windstone?
                      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                      Siphlophis Male Dragon
                      Calypso Hatching Empress
                      Tattoo Mother Kirin

fatalbeauty
                      Participant

I’m looking at my male griffin right now and he’s gorgeous, I look at him throughout the day, he’s beautiful!

4 things I'm looking for:
                        1. Mother Meerkat
                        2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                        3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                        4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Melody
                        Keymaster

Which other dragon sculpts or is that too much to ask? Personally I am such a sucker for the mother and male dragon. And the old warrior and lap.

I think the spectral looks absolutely amazing in this color!

Ann

There’s a cart of sitting Spectrasls finished now. She has test painted a Secret Keeper, Emp, and a few others. I’ll go look.

**** time passes***

Ok I took some snapshots of the ones that are sitting around. They are posted in the blog thing: http://windstoneeditions.com/blog/blue-morpho-dragons-brandi-has-been-test-painting

Melody
                          Keymaster

I actually feel like he needs a black stripe along the meaty part of his tail behind the haunches, like in the same area it is located on the sides of his chest… that was the one thing about him I wasn’t a fan of. It made him look lopsided on a consistancy stand point… if that makes sense. Otherwise he is just stunning. I think I’ll be happy with my Griffins though. Not completing the family would have driven me nuts.

I do 100% agree on the blue scheme though, finally ^_^

Hmm, we are still tweaking this color…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 146 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.