fbpx

Black "rescue" PYO's

Home Forums Windstone Editions Windstone Store Discussion Black "rescue" PYO's

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Pegasi1978
    Participant

ghostndragon wrote:

JellyFish wrote:

Sorry but these should have been one per customer. A few people get a bunch and everyone else none. 😑 It would be nice for others to have the chance to paint one of these some time. So far I have painted none because there is never any left in store because of people stock piling them I guess.

Ditto.

Agreed.

drag0nfeathers
      Participant

I missed them too, but for once I didn’t really want a Keeper. I miss the small dragon. πŸ˜₯

Got a busted Windstone?
        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
        Siphlophis Male Dragon
        Calypso Hatching Empress
        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
        Tattoo Mother Kirin
        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

dragonmedley
        Participant

This is a great idea! No waste πŸ™‚

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Stephanie
          Participant

twindragonsmum wrote:

Dang, dang, dang, dang, dang, dang, dang! Dirty word, dirty word, dirty name, dirty word!!! Missed ’em… WAHHHHHHH!!!! Oh well, such is life – ‘Grats for those who got ’em!!! πŸ˜€

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

XD LOL I am with ya on that! πŸ˜›

Tyrrlin
            Participant

JellyFish wrote:

Sorry but these should have been one per customer. A few people get a bunch and everyone else none. 😑 It would be nice for others to have the chance to paint one of these some time. So far I have painted none because there is never any left in store because of people stock piling them I guess.

Agreed.

Though, I did snag a wolf. Those guys are so pretty.

Windstone collector in remission. πŸ˜‰

I only got one…. I saw 5 but couldn’t afford more.

And anyway… it’s not like these are special pieces or anything. Although I understand the sentiment. (don’t shoot me!)

I don’t think too many of us are stockpiling. We grab them when we can, and never get enough. Certainly not enough to stockpile, as you are saying.

Tyrrlin wrote:

JellyFish wrote:

Agreed.

Though, I did snag a wolf. Those guys are so pretty.

Kathleen
              Participant

I suppose those who were lucky enough to get one would not understand. It sucks when a person constantly watches the store but the moment you look away miss them only to hear others picked up a “few” also to watch them selling on ebay when all a person wants is to have one to paint (and keep). People can take this any way they want but I am sure I am not the only person who thinks this way. Plus in a way these rescues are a special edition. It would be nice to have a saved windstone to paint.

Kathleen
                Participant

One more thing if I am lucky enough to see the dragon PYO’s come out I will buy every single one and give one to each person who has been trying to get their first pyo dragon. πŸ˜† I am not a greedy person I just want one flippin dragon to paint. :shout: πŸ˜‰

JellyFish wrote:

One more thing if I am lucky enough to see the dragon PYO’s come out I will buy every single one and give one to each person who has been trying to get their first pyo dragon. πŸ˜† I am not a greedy person I just want one flippin dragon to paint. :shout: πŸ˜‰

πŸ˜† lol, okay, I’d love a dragon to paint ;). I’ve missed the Keepers 7 times in a row now. As soon as I get the notification email from Susie I check the store, but alas they’re always gone, lol. I’m patient though and just hope that everything’s okay at the factory and that the gypsum problem is remedied soon for them :).

Kathleen
                  Participant

abatos your on my list for pyo dragons to give out, now lets hope I see them before they are all sold. πŸ˜†

Pegasi1978
                    Participant

abatos wrote:

JellyFish wrote:

πŸ˜† lol, okay, I’d love a dragon to paint ;). I’ve missed the Keepers 7 times in a row now. As soon as I get the notification email from Susie I check the store, but alas they’re always gone, lol. I’m patient though and just hope that everything’s okay at the factory and that the gypsum problem is remedied soon for them :).
                      I’ve missed the keepers every time now too. I got an email the first time they restocked this summer, but I haven’t gotten an email since then.

Rachel
                      Participant

JellyFish wrote:

You’re such a sweetheart. I would surely do the same for you. I’m just afraid that when I (finally) get one, the other people that have been waiting patiently will have gotten one too.

JellyFish wrote:

I suppose those who were lucky enough to get one would not understand. It sucks when a person constantly watches the store but the moment you look away miss them only to hear others picked up a “few” also to watch them selling on ebay when all a person wants is to have one to paint (and keep). People can take this any way they want but I am sure I am not the only person who thinks this way. Plus in a way these rescues are a special edition. It would be nice to have a saved windstone to paint.

I feel insulted, that you would even IMPLY that because I happened to be lucky this time, that I couldn’t possibly understand how you feel. I totally understand the sentiment. I missed the last what, however many batches of keepers, all because they were released when I was in class. Do you know how frustrated I was then?

The last dragon I painted was because a friend bought one MONTHS before and decided he didn’t want to paint it, so he sold it to me. At a profit, no less.

The last kirin I got was off of ebay.

They’re a special edition because they’re painted black? That’s not really that special. It’s not like the amethyst stuff. They’re only special because there aren’t many right now due to the casting issues.

And if I sell mine on ebay, it’s because I’ve ALWAYS wanted to paint a keeper, but I’ve not the funds to actually keep him when I’m done. And honestly, that breaks my heart. I WANT to keep him. But I need to offset the cost of buying him. And I won’t sell the blank. I’ll sell my completed paint job.

And one per person isn’t a bad idea. I’ve already said that. I just don’t like that you assume we were all stockpiling them, when we weren’t. And that’s my two cents, if you wanna flame me, go ahead, I won’t even be looking at this thread anymore. It’s not worth what good mood I had for ever getting a keeper.

kitsunelady
                        Participant

You know, I was going to leave it with just the animated gif, which was a sarcastic representation of how you were acting, because I didn’t want to get into it…but forget that. There have been plenty of times I’ve missed out on things in the store (like LP things that will NEVER reappear, except as a resale), including PYO keepers, so it’s not as if I don’t understand the disappointment…but by God, I am tired of watching you (Jellyfish) ranting about it. It’s normal for people to whine a bit when they miss things (although if you were polite at all, it would consist of nothing but “I missed out, darn it!” or some such), but you have stepped over a line.

I didn’t see anyone who said they bought “a few”. I bought two, and know of three other people that bought *one* (the keepers, at least – I have not seen anyone mention the small dragon). This is not, by any stretch of the imagination, “stockpiling”. There were 8 keepers when I paid for mine, and I could have bought them all. I did not buy any of the small dragon, because it does not interest me…but I could have. You, Jellyfish, are irritating me enough to make me wish I had. >_> THAT would have been stockpiling. I briefly considered giving one of my keepers up to one of the people crying about missing them in this thread…until I saw your post. Now I refuse, just on principle, because I won’t be made to feel bad (or even look like I do, by giving one up) about buying two when there was nothing to say I couldn’t.

In my opinion, the “one per customer” thing is nothing but a nuisance. I’ve been here long enough that I remember a time when they didn’t do that…and I’ve always eventually gotten what I wanted, anyways – either by way of waiting *patiently* for a store restock, or from someone reselling on the flea market/ebay. Those of us who haven’t known anything but the “one per customer” bit are spoiled. Windstone is doing us a FAVOR by ever doing that at all, and when they don’t bother with it on something that’s not even LP, and will reappear if you showed a bit of patience (it took me about a year of waiting to get a keeper!), all you can do is complain? Not to mention offend those of us who, horrible, beastly people that we are, bought more than one? Well, spank me Father, for I have sinned! And that was sarcasm, since you can’t hear it!

Perhaps your comments were not directed at me – although I am quite sure I’m the only person I’ve seen *admitting* to having gotten more than one since you took it upon yourself to make them feel bad about it – but that’s besides the point. You need to learn some forum etiquette – mainly, do not attempt to make other people feel bad about having won and/or bought something. That’s business. That’s the game. GET OVER IT. Or at least have enough couth to keep it to yourself.

dragonmedley
                          Participant

Just to point something out… the one-per-customer makes sense for production pieces, like the amethyst stuff. However, for the PYOs, that’s an entire different story.

Now, we’ve been down this path before, MANY times – I can’t point to the existing threads, as I am search-challenged – but I suggest we let it rest.

I’ll ask another question, related to the rescue thing. Why do the base coat in black? Why not another neutral color? Some sort of off-white or something?

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                            http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                            I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                            http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.