Best meatballs in the world…

Home Forums Miscellany Food Best meatballs in the world…

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Do you end up with a lot of extra sauce? I’m wondering if I make them for an upcoming birthday party and people are just going to eat them on a plate if I should not use as much prego… hmm.

And here’s a dumb question… I’ve never made meatballs before so would I just roll the meat into balls (like you would make hamburger patties but round?) and then put into the sauce to cook..?

tatt2dcowgrl wrote:

Do you end up with a lot of extra sauce? I’m wondering if I make them for an upcoming birthday party and people are just going to eat them on a plate if I should not use as much prego… hmm.

And here’s a dumb question… I’ve never made meatballs before so would I just roll the meat into balls (like you would make hamburger patties but round?) and then put into the sauce to cook..?

Yes that is how you make meatballs but use less meat than a burger:wink: Also if you get your hands wet before patting the meat into shape it keeps it from sticking. πŸ˜€ I don’t know that I would cut back too much on the sauce. You want to be sure and have enough to cook them in and keep them from drying. How about providing something to go with and soak up the sauce?
    Like rice, french bread or crackers?

tatt2dcowgrl wrote:

You can use a spoon with the little holes in the bottom to strain some of the sauce out. That’s what we do when we have them at family get togethers. Pick up a few french baggets or some sub rolls. you can make your own garlic bread with the french roll.
    just put butter and garlic powder on it and toss it in the oven for about a minute or two (or until it starts to brown a bit). That’s always good with them. πŸ˜€

My most wanted list: Peacock kitty wizard, white kitty wizard, carnelian mouse wizard, copper patina frog wizard

Garlic bread yum That would be perfect πŸ˜€
    Clicky please

the dragon collector wrote:

tatt2dcowgrl wrote:

You can use a spoon with the little holes in the bottom to strain some of the sauce out. That’s what we do when we have them at family get togethers. Pick up a few french baggets or some sub rolls. you can make your own garlic bread with the french roll.
    just put butter and garlic powder on it and toss it in the oven for about a minute or two (or until it starts to brown a bit). That’s always good with them. πŸ˜€

Hmmm I’m not so brave- I cook frozen everything except chicken LOL. I use frozen garlic bread usually haha… how much butter and how much garlic? 😯

Laurie
    Participant

skigod377 wrote:

Dang, they sound good and easy! Not browning them first is unusual… I find it hard to believe even though “DONT” is capitalized πŸ˜†

If you want to brown them in a skillet first, you can. I never have though. I find that they end up with more flavor from the sauce if you don’t.
      My grandma said that she only browned them in a skillet once…because she was in a big hurry!

A little secret I learned was browning them first in the oven on a cookie sheet. It works well and not much mess.

I’m trying these meatballs tonight!!!

tatt2dcowgrl wrote:

tatt2dcowgrl wrote:

Hmmm I’m not so brave- I cook frozen everything except chicken LOL. I use frozen garlic bread usually haha… how much butter and how much garlic? 😯

Well just cut the bread until it’s like an inch thick and then put enough butter on each slice to cover the top, then just add a few sprinkles of garlic powder on top. that’s what I do. try to eyeball the amount. it depends on how much you like garlic! πŸ˜€

My most wanted list: Peacock kitty wizard, white kitty wizard, carnelian mouse wizard, copper patina frog wizard

2Huberts wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

Dang, they sound good and easy! Not browning them first is unusual… I find it hard to believe even though “DONT” is capitalized πŸ˜†

If you want to brown them in a skillet first, you can. I never have though. I find that they end up with more flavor from the sauce if you don’t.
      My grandma said that she only browned them in a skillet once…because she was in a big hurry!

A little secret I learned was browning them first in the oven on a cookie sheet. It works well and not much mess.

I’m trying these meatballs tonight!!!

I hope you like them!

tatt2dcowgrl wrote:

tatt2dcowgrl wrote:

Well just cut the bread until it’s like an inch thick and then put enough butter on each slice to cover the top, then just add a few sprinkles of garlic powder on top. that’s what I do. try to eyeball the amount. it depends on how much you like garlic! πŸ˜€

Thanks! Hey, I’m still young… I’ve got time to learn lol. I know how to cook chicken at least 10 ways! And cookies and bread and stuff like that lol. Any other good ideas for birthday party snacks?

hmmm. you can try doing minnie pizzas. Just use the garlic bread like above and add any kind of marinara or spaghetti sauce on top and mozzerella cheese. Toss them in the oven until the cheese melts and there ya go!

darjeb
      Participant

Sounds great I’ll have to divide everything by 3 and try it.

Sbianchi
        Participant

I tried your meatball receipe and my husband and I
          really loved them, Thank you for sharing it.

sbianchi wrote:

I tried your meatball receipe and my husband and I
          really loved them, Thank you for sharing it.

no problem! glad you liked!

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.