fbpx

Be honest, what do you think?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Be honest, what do you think?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
  • Author

Is he fixable? I know he will never look 100%, but maybe salvageble? What kind og glue works well? I use cyanoacrylate called Zap A Gap quite often, but another suggestions?

I’m ready to accept it if you all think he is a total loss ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

๐Ÿ˜ณ See Pics Below….

Jodi
    Participant

Is who or what fixable?

Oh cr*p….hang on….

Participant

Oh….ouch! It would be a shame if that was not fixable, it’s a beautiful piece. I’ll leave the judgement call to the sculpters here in the forum, but I would certainly try.

Did you get him that way or was there an accident?

No, one of my cats didn’t like the look in his eyes. ๐Ÿ˜† I had him on a speaker never thinking one of the cats would try to walk over him…She did, they both fell. She faired FAR better then my poor griffin.

Jodi
        Participant

That just breaks my heart, considering how much I love mine. I hope you can fix him! But I don’t know either. I know my husband could, but I don’t think I could.

I think that is fixable.

Jennifer
          Keymaster

Oh man! ๐Ÿ™
            If you decide to give up on him, I think I could fix him. I have the supplies and would pay for shipping plus some- just a thought. Good luck and if you attempt it yourself I’d be willing to give long-distance help if I can! He’s pretty fractured up though and it may require some re-sculpting/re-carving of details, do you feel comfortable doing so?

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
            My art: featherdust.com

Maria
            Participant

That’s a sad picture. Darn kitty. I hope you can fix him, asinnamon.

Rusti
              Participant

This would be why my cats get in deep trouble for going up any higher than the couch or a chair…

Good luck, hun, it looks like you’re going to need it!

I’m gonna try to fix him. It’ll be a process! Nam, what would you recommend for glue so I can take the first step? I really want to keep him, I’ve had him forever.

I was thinking about using an air dry clay to fill in the cracks?

Maria
                Participant

You can actually train cats to stay away from certain spots? I thought they just did whatever they wanted. ๐Ÿ˜›

Well, it was a bookshelf size speaker that was on a speaker stand, so there wasn’t a lot of room….I learned that lesson! Now anything important goes up up up! I have a couple other sculptures that I have made, plus I collect Blue Mountain Pottery, so they are all out of kittie cat reach!

Andrea
                  Participant

It doesn’t look shattered. You should be able to glue it and touch up the paint.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.