fbpx

Bayou's PYO thread: kimono uni #3

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Bayou's PYO thread: kimono uni #3

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 716 total)
  • Author
    machineguts
    Participant

BTW, that Kirin is Incredible!

PurpleTurtle
      Participant

I love your work, BD. Your Muses are some of the best painted I’ve seen on this forum to date ๐Ÿ˜‰ !

bayoudragon
        Participant

awww, thankies all, for the wonderful comments. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Lokie
          Participant

bayoudragon wrote:

Oh, he is adorable =) Ha, I find it amusing how you make me forget my distaste for lime-green. I love how you use it!

lamortefille
            Participant

Very pretty, BD! ๐Ÿ˜€

bayoudragon
              Participant

Well, I finished my first wolf. Here’s a couple of pics. ๐Ÿ™‚

I fought with the wings a little. This was my first attempt at shading wings (Solstice was just dry-brushed). At first there were markings on the white part of the wings, but it didn’t look right… so I changed it back. It needed the white, and I think I’m going to leave them like this. It’s not quite what I wanted, but they are growing on me. ๐Ÿ™‚

Her fur is done in layers – about 2-3 colors in the lighter areas and about 5 different colors in the darker areas.

I think I’m going to name her Passion… unless someone else wants to throw in some other ideas. ๐Ÿ˜‰

siberakh1
                Participant

Oh wow! She is very nice! I adore her coloration! The shading on her wings is gorgeous. ๐Ÿ™‚

machineguts
                  Participant

Beautiful, glorious coloration! Excellent work! ๐Ÿ™‚

Leigha
                    Participant

oh wow! <3 <3 <3 Passion fits! I love her…

Adaneth
                      Participant

Beautiful work! ๐Ÿ˜€ The wings work the way they are, I think. I’d love to see you paint more wolves in the future!

lamortefille
                        Participant

That wolf is gorgeous!!

dragonmedley
                          Participant

Oh, the colors are just lovely! Wonderful shading. I would darken the white a bit, though; I find the contrast too stark, but that’s me.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                            http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                            I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                            http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

bayoudragon
                            Participant

Thanks, all! And thanks for the critique, dragonmedley. I know what you mean about being stark. After I had whited-out the lower markings, I had tried antiquing them instead. They needed something, but the antiquing didn’t look right either. ๐Ÿ™ After re-painting them white AGAIN, I decided to just leave them white. I really didn’t want to repaint a third time. They are growing on me though (good thing I like contrast). LOL.

You guys are always welcome to critique my stuff. I was a moderator for an art forum, you won’t hurt my feelings, I promise. ๐Ÿ˜€ Seeing things from other people’s perspective can help you grow.

I do plan on doing more wolves (I plan on doing more of everything). I have one wolf left and was thinking of something in darker colors. Not quite sure yet… he’s not speaking to me at the moment. lol

My extra griffin however has made it VERY clear that he wants to be a Maltese Tiger. He has to wait though, as my keeper has put her half-naked foot down and is being very demanding. She’s just really hard to work on right now because I had started her sooo long ago (before the swap). I also work in layers, so I am trying to remember exactly what I did so everything will look cohesive. It’s very slow going.

I do have two more muses to post… but I’m not sure which of my family members are following my pieces… so they will be posted AFTER Christmas. heh heh I’m also working on another muse (duh, go figure… I really do have a little muse addiction). This one is going to be, um… quite LOUD!

-BD

drag0nfeathers
                              Participant

HOLY CRAP!!! The wolf is f**king GORGEOUS!!! So beautiful it made me curse! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Got a busted Windstone?
                                drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                                Calypso Hatching Empress
                                Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                                Tattoo Mother Kirin
                                Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                                Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                                Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                                Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                                Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                                Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

BD, your work stuns me! That wolf is absolutely gorgeous! Kudos! ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 716 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.