fbpx

Bayou's PYO thread: kimono uni #3

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Bayou's PYO thread: kimono uni #3

• This topic has 720 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 11 years ago by Kim.
Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 716 total)
  • Author
    Rachel
    Participant

Simply beautiful!

PurpleTurtle
      Participant

So beautiful! The greens are so vibrant and lush 🙂

dragonmedley
        Participant

Hmmm… I’m looking at both dragons, and I think I like the small one the best. The wings on the keeper came out more vibrant, though.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Kelly
          Participant

Awesome pair! The keeper came out great! Great color scheme, I like the greens you used. Very nice Bayou.

Grayfire_artz
            Participant

I could stare at either one of these all day and never get bored! I agree with Hannah I love mono-chromatic pieces that doesn’t look mono-chromatic 😀

What should i say, i think any praise, however how deep and nice it will be, won’t be much more than a unworthy breeze against that what you’d done here BD. I really can’t await to have this wonderful, gorgeous Dragon there, with all the life, all the warmth. The wonderful warmth of the Life, is catched in this Piece and it gives me warmth to the deepest deeps in my heart.

You’re a wonderful artist. I’m very happy that i was able to get a Commission from you. I need to give you a very big thank you, for all the work you’d put in it. It may paid with money yes, but he has something that isn’t buyable.

Thank you Bayoudragon.

Greetings from the Jungle,

ryuwing

bayoudragon
              Participant

Thanks everyone for their kinds words, and especially to you ryuwing. That was very touching. It makes me very happy that my PYOs are so loved by their new owners (and I’m sure that this is very true for other artists as well).

I just sent you an email. If you do not receive the one I sent today, let me know. Feel free to PM me here. I know you wanted him shipped around mid-month. Just let me know. He is all boxed up and ready to go. 🙂

bayoudragon
                Participant

Well, it’s been quite a while since I posted on this thread (or even the forum, really). I figured it’s time I give an update. First off, 2012 has been the worst year for me. Period. Everything’s a mess. Actually, everything has been a mess since about mid last year. I have been trying to move since November, but it just isn’t happening. My current place has some kind of grip on my soul. All my stuff is scattered in 4 different places. My AC is broken (again), and apparently I need a plumber to fix it. We now have other financial issues that have popped up besides the renovating. My grandmother’s health had been steadily declining, and she passed away last month. Even though we were expecting it, she was my last grandparent, and it hit me harder than I thought it would. 🙁

I can write forever about why my job sucks. After 14 years, I’m throwing in the towel. I put in my resignation. My last day in a full-time capacity is May 25th. This was the hardest decision I think I ever made. I always complained and wanted to leave, but I never did (my job was the money-maker for my husband and I). This was my first full-time job, and I came on board one month after the site opened. It has always been a part of my life, and I have a massive feeling of ownership for the place. Even so, my mental, emotional, and lately my physical health has suffered. Depression was becoming chronic. It has taken me over a year to really have the guts to cut the cord. I may stay on part-time just to get them through the insanity of the summer, but my responsibilities will be greatly reduced. We’ll see how that goes. LOL.

I also want to give a big shout of appreciation to everyone I owe commissions to. You have been most understanding while I try to get my life together. Thank you! Here is where my commission list stands since I closed it. The first three are pictured (sorry I forgot to put in the eyes!)

Photobucket

1. Small dragon – Mine! This is “Blue”. He is my first airbrushed piece. :bigsmile:

2. Liger phoenix – I need to work out the striping pattern.

3. Kimono uni #2 – I need to add luster to the mane and tail and add the patterns.

4. Interference wolf (warm colors) – He will be primed soon.

5. Maltese tiger griffin #4 – Yep. Another one. *cries* LOL.

6. Kirin – Theme not determined yet.

With my soon-to-be reduced hours I’m hoping to make some progress on these(even with renovations).

– Angela 🙂

I’m torn between laughing, asking if I can be first in line for #5, and telling you to run while you can. LOL I HATE doing the same thing over and over again, especially art-wise, so I can completely relate! (but I absolutely love that piece, it was one of the first PYOs I came across that I just craved…!)

Sorry to hear about the rest of the mess; sometimes that sort of thing just all happens at once and you have to hope there’s a reason for it that will eventually come clear. In the meantime, all you can do is try and keep your head above the water.

And I’m glad you were able to let go of the job. I know that can be very difficult, with so much time invested. Having had a job that destroyed my health, though, I can totally empathize. Sometimes the money isn’t worth it.

Welcome back–can’t wait to see what you post for us to drool over next!

bayoudragon
                  Participant

I’m torn between laughing, asking if I can be first in line for #5, and telling you to run while you can. LOL I HATE doing the same thing over and over again, especially art-wise, so I can completely relate! (but I absolutely love that piece, it was one of the first PYOs I came across that I just craved…!)

LOL. Um, actually… you would be #6. I had someone else inquire about a maltese before I had actually closed my waiting list. I really have created a monster. 😛

Carolyn
                    Participant

They are beautiful . Love the phoenix so much .
                      I know what your going thru with a loss . My mom died Monday of ALS . And it hurts so much . Mother’s Day won’t be a day I want to think of this year . My dad died a few days before her birthday in 1998 . So holidays are never the same .
                      No hurry . Take your time . No one wants you to rush .

Misty
                      Participant

Love the lovely warm colors on that phoenix and the unicorn. Awesomeness :bigsmile:

drag0nfeathers
                        Participant

I’m so happy to hear you are recovering after all the downfalls that have been going through. My Liger is looking awesome! *so excited*

I’m very happy I got my Maltese when I did, however one day I really want a Maltese Small Dragon from you ^_^ When you open back up for commissions that will be next on your list <3 *someday*

Got a busted Windstone?
                          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                          Siphlophis Male Dragon
                          Calypso Hatching Empress
                          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                          Tattoo Mother Kirin
                          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Carolyn
                          Participant

I have 3 pieces by you and I love them . Kimono 1 Unicorn , Topaz winged wolf , Hallow 1 ( Halloween ) muse . They are all beautiful .

Bodine
                            Participant

oooosooo pretty!All of them but I like that phoenix!! :bigsmile:

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                              (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                              Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 716 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.