fbpx

Bayou's PYO thread: kimono uni #3

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Bayou's PYO thread: kimono uni #3

• This topic has 720 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 11 years ago by Kim.
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 716 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Wow! BD!! She is lovely! I just love all the cool things you come up with!!

Pegasi1978
      Participant

Yeral wrote:

Lovely!! She reminds me of a grown-up version of a my little pony! Don’t take that badly because I LOVE My little ponies 😆 I said it in the other thread already but I’ll say it again – I saw your Uni and finally decided I had to get a blank to try my luck on 🙂

She is like a grown up version of a My Little Pony! So sleek and elegant.

PurpleTurtle
        Participant

Jaw-dropping gorgeous, as always 😀 .

KoishiiKitty
          Participant

I am not a fan of Uni’s, but I love that uni so much. The kimono uni is possitively amazing. Hands down my fave uni. Man, if I actualy had a solid job, I would be fighting for that uni.

that is just AWESOME… so in love with it!

twindragonsmum
            Participant

She’s FABULOUS!!!

twindragonsmum 😀

tdm

megamibabe16
              Participant

Yay, I finally have internet access again, so I can finally see her. She turned out to be absolutely stunning! Truly magnificent!

bayoudragon
                Participant

Thanks all. I am glad she was so well received. 😳

bayoudragon
                  Participant

Here’s my second small dragon. He was in the works while I was working on the uni. Yes, I can still say the small dragon sculpt is not my favorite. I fought with this one too!

I was going for a very natural colored dragon, something kinda cream-colored with green. Yah, that didn’t really work out the way I planned. I re-primed once, still couldn’t get the colors right, almost re-primed him a second time, but I just didn’t want to start ALL OVER AGAIN. So I worked the colors over and over, trying to figure out what colors would look best where. He was so ugly at one point I almost named him Pond Scum… and then Stagnant Swamp. LOL. Then finally everything started to come together… and I dropped him. 🙄 OMG, you could hear the vein pop on the side of my head! I fixed it, it’s barely noticeable now… but still, what is it with me with the small dragons? I don’t think they fit my painting style… or something. 😈

He didn’t turn out quite right, and he still has a weird green coloration, but I did give him a better name – Fen. This dragon and I have gone through some serious growing pains, so he’s not for sale. LOL.

Amanda
                    Participant

Well for all the trouble he caused, I think he’s stunning! Clearly small dragons agree with you 😉

etruscan
                      Participant

I think he turned out VERY nicely, even if he was a pain to paint. 🙂

Hannah
                        Participant

😮 I agree with everyone else – small dragons may give you a hard time, but they still love you!! Heck, I’m in LOVE!! Giving him that brown antique look is fantastic paired with green! Seriously, love love love. If you ever get sick of him, will you PM me?

:drool:

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                          Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

dragonmedley
                          Participant

I think you have a harder time with the dragons because you don’t paint them with your usual style. Your other pieces have a very defined crispness to them, for lack of a better term, that I haven’t seen on your dragons so far (two isn’t enough for a rule but I’m trying!). The dragons are much more fluid?? with a style that reminds me of Nam’s. If you tried with a pattern like stripes, you might feel more comfortable.

My comment notwithstanding, all the hard work you put into him really shows – he’s gorgeous.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                            http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                            I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                            http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

drag0nfeathers
                            Participant

He came out great bayou! I know what you mean, PYOS like this really make you stronger when you look at them and think back of the struggle you went through painting them!

Got a busted Windstone?
                              drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                              Siphlophis Male Dragon
                              Calypso Hatching Empress
                              Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                              Tattoo Mother Kirin
                              Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                              Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                              Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                              Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                              Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                              Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Adaneth
                              Participant

He looks wonderful to me! Keep persevering, because the results are sure worth it! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 716 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.